Hypocrisy at its best...Ponting looking forward to playing in India

inzibhai

Fontaine.....i have been reading some of your posts lately and its pleasing to note that at least there are few indians on this forum who talk sensible. thanks.
You're welcome. I understand that Pakistan is going through a lot of turmoil and instantability and I honestly don't know and can't say whether it's safe or not to play cricket there, but I do know that the vast majority of crickets fans there are starved and denied proper test match cricket. As a cricket fan I can understand how that must make you feel and I empathize with that situation instead of using it as an opportunity to have a go at completely unrelated topics regarding race/religion. Sri Lanka has it's share of instability/turmoil and violence based around politics (not Islam) and while the two situations are somewhat incomparable it doesn't strike me as fair any time a race of people is slandered by some ignorant fools here. All in all ICF is a damn good web forum for cricket fans and I just want it to stay that way instead of being polluted with this kind of nonsense.
Well' date=' I am against generalizing. Muslims can not be generalized to be bad people just based on what some of them do. I have a good number of Muslim friends and they are very good people. There are bad people and good people. Its sad that bad Muslims do what they do on the name of religion there by giving a bad name to the rest of the Muslims.[/quote'] You have the wisdom of kings!! :two_thumbs_up:
Good to see some sensible comment here. But sadly, along with Pakistan situation hasn't improved much either. Well, hoping to see some improve in future if possible? Beside, you can say goodbye to Pakistan Cricket now. I forsee Pakistan Cricket to be buried in almost a few year now.
you know how things work in pakistan! zardari was behind jail a year ago and now is the PRESIDENT. so don't bet against pak cricket back at its best soon.
you know how things work in pakistan! zardari was behind jail a year ago and now is the PRESIDENT. so don't bet against pak cricket back at its best soon.
I would want Pakistan Cricket to be scrapped. Who knows forgetting cricket might bring fortune for Pakistan? Just hoping people should focus on Hockey and try to shift the popularity on soccer. Oh man ! i love the soccer :--D
I would want Pakistan Cricket to be scrapped. Who knows forgetting cricket might bring fortune for Pakistan? Just hoping people should focus on Hockey and try to shift the popularity on soccer. Oh man ! i love the soccer :--D
you my friend are talking strange here.....roza tu nahi lag raha?
Well' date=' I am against generalizing. Muslims can not be generalized to be bad people just based on what some of them do. I have a good number of Muslim friends and they are very good people. There are bad people and good people. Its sad that bad Muslims do what they do on the name of religion there by giving a bad name to the rest of the Muslims.[/quote'] Do agree in principle, but this sh.t has been going on for too long. Its like arguing that the common German man during the third Reich didn't support the horrors of Nazis. True it maybe, but still he did bear the brunt of the allied attacks!!! Allied planes bombed Germany day in and out to break the "will" of the German people - mind you, not all were military targets.Sadly there will be collateral in a war and this is a f.king war!!! The fact that the other "good" ROPs are oblivious to the nefarious designs of the "bad" ones doesnt seem to fly well.

whew dsr is one interesting guy :D but hey I have Pakistani friends and I never found anything bad about them. They are good people. Its always the minority who are most vocal and hence the bad name. However when the majority does not sit up and take notice of what the minority is doing and take action on it what they are essentially saying to the minority is that they are supporting them.

You're welcome. I understand that Pakistan is going through a lot of turmoil and instantability and I honestly don't know and can't say whether it's safe or not to play cricket there, but I do know that the vast majority of crickets fans there are starved and denied proper test match cricket. As a cricket fan I can understand how that must make you feel and I empathize with that situation instead of using it as an opportunity to have a go at completely unrelated topics regarding race/religion. Sri Lanka has it's share of instability/turmoil and violence based around politics (not Islam) and while the two situations are somewhat incomparable it doesn't strike me as fair any time a race of people is slandered by some ignorant fools here. All in all ICF is a damn good web forum for cricket fans and I just want it to stay that way instead of being polluted with this kind of nonsense.
I am sure if you lived in the times of nazi germany you would also refuse to criticise the country of germany as well. And no doubt rebuke me if I criticised the nazis and what they were doing to their neighbour countries as you would say we need to respect all countries. The ideology in nazi germany was a disgrace and needed criticising you would have appeased that if you had followed through with your respect to all countries. What about the Taliban and Afghanistan? Am I allowed to criticise them and their ideology. Or do we all need to show respect to their views and what they do as well. Pak has been funding and trainig terrorists for decades. They are also becoming very fundamental in their following of Islam. They have dangerous ideologies! Am I allowed to critiicise that? Islam as a religion. Am I not allowed to criticise that if I want. Why can't one analyse their doctrines and point out the negatives without uproar! What happened to freedom of speech or does that only apply to other countries and religions. Personally I think the world would benefit from muslims actually discussing the negatives and inequalities in their religion to try and improve and modernise it!
I can go on and on here, but I realize that there is no point arguing with you because I know you would reply back slandering Islam more, which I certainly can't tolerate so you will be the 2nd person on ICF that I will no longer care to reply. The first being your good old friend Predator_05
You say slandering I say pointing out factual negatives of Islam and factual inequalities of Islam. I dont call facts slander! Why cant you tolerate a discussion on Islam and its doctrines and implementation in the world? Why this approach of no criticism of islam allowed? This underlines the problem. Islam is not allowed to be discussed openly world wide, it is not allowed to be criticised even remotley or there is uproar, riots, death threats and assanations. Why is islam untouchable from analysis? Personally I think freedom of speech should avail world wide and quite frankly if people want to poke fun at Islam eg a few cartoons that should be allowed as well! In islamic countries penalty by death is there for any criticsm by anyone of Islam. Unfortunatley this philosophy of no criticism of islam is being almost implemented in non muslim countries as well through Islamic pressure. Its crazy, in UK they are always making fun of christians and christianty but god help anyone who mutters a word against Islam, the uproar from muslims would be deafening!
I am sure if you lived in the times of nazi germany you would also refuse to criticise the country of germany as well. And no doubt rebuke me if I criticised the nazis and what they were doing to their neighbour countries as you would say we need to respect all countries. The ideology in nazi germany was a disgrace and needed criticising you would have appeased that if you had followed through with your respect to all countries. What about the Taliban and Afghanistan? Am I allowed to criticise them and their ideology. Or do we all need to show respect to their views and what they do as well. Pak has been funding and trainig terrorists for decades. They are also becoming very fundamental in their following of Islam. They have dangerous ideologies! Am I allowed to critiicise that? Islam as a religion. Am I not allowed to criticise that if I want. Why can't one analyse their doctrines and point out the negatives without uproar! What happened to freedom of speech or does that only apply to other countries and religions. Personally I think the world would benefit from muslims actually discussing the negatives and inequalities in their religion to try and improve and modernise it!
To be honest, I don't really care what you think or do. You repeat the same garbage over and over again and frankly it's becoming boring. :winky:
To be honest, I don't really care what you think or do. You repeat the same garbage over and over again and frankly it's becoming boring. :winky:
Its boring when you actually have to debate on facts and can't just abuse to escape discussing the issues in hand. And believe me your stance on this is frankly wide open for debate! Just calling my posts garbage is weak. Explain why exactly you think they are garbage and I will give my reply. Whats the matter getting too hot in the kitchen in your defence of all pakistan and islam?:--D
Its boring when you actually have to debate on facts and can't just abuse to escape discussing the issues in hand. And believe me your stance on this is frankly wide open for debate! Just calling my posts garbage is weak. Explain why exactly you think they are garbage and I will give my reply. Whats the matter getting too hot in the kitchen in your defence of all pakistan and islam?:--D
No, it's not boring to have a debate. It's just boring to have one with you dsr. YOUR'RE boring. It's why no one missed you or probably even realized you were banned and gone because most of your posts are the same. Let me summarize: Blah, blah, blah, Dhoni. Blah ,blah, blah, Pakistan.

Absolutely Unbelievable. After all the support we've given to the PCB, standing beside them in their hour of need to ensure the CT was going ahead, pakistani fans actually don't want australa to tour india. I absolutely despied the ACB for the way we were treated in Australia earlier this yr. Having realized how ungreatful some Pakistani fans are, I wish Australia don't tour Pakistan next year there. Nobody wants to tour Pakistan. Its just not a nice place to go. As for the cricketers, they'll make any excuse not to go there. who can blame them?? i wouldn't send my mother in law there