Anil Kumble's Captaincy might cost us this test match.

Fontaine

Kumbles form is really worrying..i wont comment abt his captaincy skills though..he has never been imaginative and he wont become that either..he is an ok captain at the best..but his bowling form is really worrying..we cannot have Anil bowl the way he is doing now..comeon Haddin, White he wud have ripped them apart wen he is in full form..but even these guys are playing Anil pretty easily..his bowling in the second innings is a very gud indicator as to how this series will pan out..Bhajji will always be more than a handful wen there is something in the pitch..but Anil with his guile and variations used to pick wickets even on day one..i mean atleast couple of wickets but now he is not able to do that too..i understand there was a chance that went down off his bowling yesterday but i am worried abt his bowling..:nervous:

here r those posts

It would be folly to choose the same damn 11 that failed against Sri Lanka. Time and time again it was clear that India were MISSING that third pace bowler when after 14 overs that ball still new and doing a bit we were forced to bowl our spinners. Ridiculous. SEHWAG GAMBHIR DRAVID SRT LAXMAN DHONI BHAJJI KUMBLE MUNAF PATEL ZAHEER ISHANT Including Ganguly is pathetic. The guy can't bowl, can't field and now can't bat, and Kirsten himself said Munaf looked in very good form in the recent NCA practices. WE NEED that fifth bowler since Kumble is going through a very lean patch and isn't going to threaten the top order batsmen.
and
My team will be Sehwag Gambhir Laxman Tendulkar Dravid Dhoni Kumble Harbhajan (he has to b in the team jus to take the piss of his p.RICKY biatch... ) Ishant Zaheer Munaf ----- since aussies will be stacking up with batsmen, we have to have 5 bowlers.. Munaf has improved a lot.. he will be a good bet.. anyways ganguly is struggling.. he ll b sitting duck.. so instead of wasting on ganguly, we shud take munaf in the XI...
Kumbles form is really worrying..i wont comment abt his captaincy skills though..he has never been imaginative and he wont become that either..he is an ok captain at the best..but his bowling form is really worrying..we cannot have Anil bowl the way he is doing now..comeon Haddin' date=' White he wud have ripped them apart wen he is in full form..but even these guys are playing Anil pretty easily..his bowling in the second innings is a very gud indicator as to how this series will pan out..[u']Bhajji will always be more than a handful wen there is something in the pitch..but Anil with his guile and variations used to pick wickets even on day one..i mean atleast couple of wickets but now he is not able to do that too..i understand there was a chance that went down off his bowling yesterday but i am worried abt his bowling..:nervous:
not sure! if bhajji bowls like he did today, he will be crap.hes a disgrace,dancing on tv shows shows his commitment,u can do one off ads but not participate in full fledged reality show wen a iconic series is round the corner,moreover, then shoots his mouth predicting 4-0 result as if we r playing kenya,he looks angry wen he bowls well n angry wen he doesnt bowl well.only smiles on tv show.slaps his teammate as if its gully cricket. i'm pretty sure now he had said something to symonds in sydney.he has been bowling crap for lst two years except for a few occasions.clearly takes his place 4 granted, time to replace him with mishra.i think bcci should act like CA n ban all 4 of them irfan,sreesanth,bhajji,karthik for atleast 6 months for indiscipline but i know it wont do that.we have been bearing bhajji n sreesanth 4 far too long .there r far too many cricketers continue to bear ther indiscretions time & again n make indian cricket look like a joke
I dont think we've ever gone into the first test of a home series with 3 pacers and I dont see why they should have done it here again. Its all very nice to be wise AFTER the event and say and he should have picked 3 seamers, but where was this criticism when the eleven was announced?
The criticism is there in my posts. I have been saying this for a while and said this before, during and after the Sri Lanka series, and before this one. All you have to do is search!! :winky:

also take some time to read this in cricinfo I have blocked the iimportant stuff for u .. pls read this.. -------------------------- India v Australia, 1st Test, Bangalore, 2nd day Spin twins redundant? Back in the days when batting sides dawdled along at two runs an over or less, Indian fast bowlers were a rare species, a ten-minute opening act whose only function was to take the shine off the ball before a trio of spinners went to work on the quickly softening ball. Those days are long gone, and while those run-rates certainly aren't missed, certain aspects of Indian cricket still appear to be stuck in a time warp. Sacrosanct tradition or fetish, playing at least two slow bowlers is one of them. Those that question it are considered heretics, and it's conveniently forgotten that India hasn't unearthed a Harbhajan Singh, leave alone an Ajantha Mendis, in over a decade. Anil Kumble and Harbhajan may have 907 wickets between them, but following the Sri Lanka series where they were comprehensively outbowled by Mendis and Muttiah Muralitharan, these four Tests will almost certainly mark the end of an era. In the 54 Tests where they have shared spin duties, Kumble and Harbhajan have taken 499 wickets, an astonishing 354 of them on home soil. But age [Kumble] and stagnation [Harbhajan] has meant that the end of the yellow brick road is in sight, with Amit Mishra and Piyush Chawla tussling to be the legspinner of choice. It's never easy for spinners to bowl first on a slow and low pitch, but as Sri Lanka's twin terrors showed, a little ingenuity can go a long way. Australia were playing a drastically remodelled middle order, with one debutant [Cameron White] and another playing his first Test in three years [shane Watson]. Brad Haddin too has only three Tests to his name. It was the sort of line-up that Kumble would have scythed down in his prime, but if not for sterling spells from Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan, it's likely Michael Hussey's sensational rearguard action would have taken Australia beyond 500, and out of sight. The figures were damning enough. Kumble and Harbhajan bowled 84 overs, for combined figures of 1 for 232, the worst effort for India's spinners in a Test involving the duo. When you think that even White, whose batting has always looked his strongest suit, might do better, it's enough to send a cold chill down any Indian cricket-lover's spine. The contrast with the fast bowlers was stark. Ishant started off troubling Ricky Ponting, and his performance graph didn't dip even as the Australian top order batted the team into a healthy position. Each time he was thrown the ball, there would be a buzz of expectation, and Ponting's assessment ["He'll be troubling a lot of international batsmen for some time to come"] was borne out by deliveries that would rear off a length, dart in and make the batsmen hurry. No one played him with a measure of comfort, and he showed his willingness to learn by bowling as well with the old ball as he had with the shiny red one. Too straight refers to a line on middle and leg stump. Movement in flummoxed Watson, and his cricketing intelligence was then highlighted by the dismissals of Brad Haddin and White. On a pitch where the only worry for the batsmen was low bounce and boredom, Ishant soon realised that bowling full pelt would only result in rapid electrolyte depletion and exhaustion. The sharp lifters and full deliveries were soon interspersed with cleverly disguised slower balls. Both White and Haddin were far too early into the shot when they went after wide ones that invited the crashing square-drive, and the delight on Ishant's face was a reminder that even these thankless tasks [shoaib Akhtar memorably referred to fast bowling on the subcontinent as 'donkey's work'] come with some reward. Zaheer got his in eight balls after tea following a display that was frustratingly inconsistent. He had been superb on the opening day, but there were far too many 'hit-me' balls on the second morning as Hussey resumed with rapid accumulation in mind. Having failed to make use of the second new-ball, he was an entirely different proposition when the scarred old one started to reverse. When he gets that lovely banana-like shape going, he can be next to unplayable, and Australia's quest for 500 was swiftly ended by the three wickets, each of them heralded by the sweet sound of worn leather on wooden stump. It made you wonder just how much of a factor Munaf Patel might have been, on a surface where the odd ball was already keeping disquietingly low on the opening day. With his accuracy and ability to move the ball, Munaf could have maintained some sort of stranglehold on the scoring. Instead, India were never able to build any pressure. When Ishant was unplayable, the others bled runs. When Zaheer was in his element, the spinners were innocuous. With the fielding so creaky, singles were a given, and Hussey in particular targeted the soft spots with a ruthlessness that would have made the unsmiling Allan Border proud. Thanks to the seamers, who took 9 for 168 between them, India haven't already been shut out of this game. But with Mohali likely to be pace-friendly at this time of year, it's time the selectors started thinking of doing away with outdated traditions. Playing three fast bowlers - there are quite a few to choose from when compared to the near-empty spin shelves - won't mark the beginning of the end of Indian cricket. Instead, it may just herald a new beginning.

Here is yet ANOTHER cricinfo article on how poor our fielding was high lighting Ganguly's slip ups and lack of pressure. Again I've said this before time and time again (just do a search on my posts) that including that extra batsmen like Ganguly is stupid at the cost of good fielding/extra bowler. http://content-www.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/373367.html Here's ANOTHER viewpoint from cricinfo, from Ian Chappell on how poor and ordinary Kumble's captaincy was: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/talk/content/current/multimedia/373325.html Again, I've said this before this series and before, during, after the Sri Lanka series. I even mentioned it going back to the Australia series specically saying that Kumble doesn't know how to manage fast bowlers for a test. Believe me, I take NO satisfaction in being right here. As a matter of fact, I wish I was completely wrong so because the team would do a lot better if that was the case. But I've been saying this about going with just two fast bowlers, two spinners, about picking un athletic, old batsmen like Ganguly, not making use of the new ball fully, for quite some time, and then get abused by hardcore Ganguly/Kumble fans.

I dint know tat Munaf is a an athletic fielder.
True, but as I said, it was a choice between an athletic (younger) batsmen who was a good fielder, like Badri, Rohit, Yuvraj or Munaf as the extra bowler. But it looks like Kumble has made another incorrect decision in picking Ganguly right from the first test. Now if he's dropped it'll cause a huge controversy because he'll go crying to the public whereas, what should have been done is to pick someone like Badri or Patel and build for the future considering Ganguly is history and then picked up Ganguly for the last test as a farewell thing. Now it's late for Dumble.
I kindly request your excellencey to take a look at posts # 19 ( fontaine's ) & # 28(mine) in this "your 11 for 1st test" thread, which were posted well before the 1st test started.. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=123004
which better captain wud go wid 5 bowlers knowing thers no allrounder? besides munaf may have bowled well earlier,but he's as reliable as agarkar. u cant rely on him. remeber even bhajji bowled well in irani trophy n srl.if he doesnt bowl well hes a complete liability.he is worst no.11 in da world, is even a worse fielder than ganguly.also his attitude sucks, he looks like sleepin all the tiime. also u cant drop ganguly after picking him in XIV.so th fault lies with selectors just tell me one capt who has gone wid 5 bowlers widout allrounder in tests?i cant think of any
which better captain wud go wid 5 bowlers knowing thers no allrounder? besides munaf may have bowled well earlier,but he's as reliable as agarkar. u cant rely on him. remeber even bhajji bowled well in irani trophy n srl.if he doesnt bowl well hes a complete liability.he is worst no.11 in da world, is even a worse fielder than ganguly.also his attitude sucks, he looks like sleepin all the tiime. also u cant drop ganguly after picking him in XIV.so th fault lies with selectors just tell me one capt who has gone wid 5 bowlers widout allrounder in tests?i cant think of any
an average wussy captain like Dumble (Thanks Fontaine :D) wudnt have done tht.. but a shrewd captain like Dhoni wud have done that.. well recently Munaf's form is refreshing.. if he is taking wkts we can live with his fielding lapses.. but what does a ganguly do .. gives away runs in the field.. cant take wkts.. n cant bat ( i hope he scores well to justify his selection)
like wat?if u look at our 'your 11 for ist test'' date='most have same squad .fontaine is taliking in hindsight[/quote'] Sorry dude. I'm not talking in hindsight: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=489669#post489669 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=483946#post483946 Actually this post here says it all: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=489185#post489185 Another example of how I've criticised Kumble's handling of our bowling in the past: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=476718#post476718 And that's just doing a quick search. The same problems from Kumble.
an average wussy captain like Dumble (Thanks Fontaine :D) wudnt have done tht.. but a shrewd captain like Dhoni wud have done that.. well recently Munaf's form is refreshing.. if he is taking wkts we can live with his fielding lapses.. but what does a ganguly do .. gives away runs in the field.. cant take wkts.. n cant bat ( i hope he scores well to justify his selection)
u r speaking hypothetically? i'm asking which capt has done it in past
Just tell me one capt who has gone with an extra batsmen who can't field and constantly picked two spinners when they're the least effective part of the bowling.
u r speaking hypothetically? i'm asking which capt has done it in past
You're asking the wrong question man. It's not five bowlers/ 6 batsmen, it's who are the best 11 that can help the team win instead of picking batsmen off reputations, and bolwers because that's what the captain wants no matter how they've failed in the past. Tell me this? How has picking Bhajji on a flat track, or even Kumble on a flat track helped compared to some one like Patel? Or a Badri/Rohit/Yuvraj?