Double standards

bharat297

not really .IMO sehwag wud be a much better choice. dhoni already has two jobs batting n keeping. captaining wud be a burden on him.he does this job decently in LOIs' date='but tests are different[/quote'] As much as I hate Dhoni, I think he is the logical choice for captain. Although Sehwag has been really good in test matches, he has reached his peak in some sense. He can only go downhill from here and also he goes through a lot of lean patches which means that he will be under a lot of pressure once he is the captain. Dhoni, on the other hand, can only improve his batting in test matches and is also a very good WK. So his position should be more or less certain at least for the next couple of years. And his scoring in ODIs should also ease pressure off of him from the media. But, if the selectors made Sehwag the captain I wouldn't mind.
As much as I hate Dhoni' date=' I think he is the logical choice for captain. Although Sehwag has been really good in test matches, he has reached his peak in some sense. He can only go downhill from here and also he goes through a lot of lean patches which means that he will be under a lot of pressure once he is the captain. Dhoni, on the other hand, can only improve his batting in test matches and is also a very good WK. So his position should be more or less certain at least for the next couple of years. And his scoring in ODIs should also ease pressure off of him from the media. But, if the selectors made Sehwag the captain I wouldn't mind.[/quote'] so if sehwag has reached his peaks ?even dhoni has reached his peak in odis n can only go downhill. so should he removed as an odi captain?
Heard of a chap called Mike Brearley, sachin rox? BTW - Dhoni's main role is as a keeper, and he does that superbly. No complaints from me.
oh yeah but that was good 40 yrs back. it wont work now.n even gilly was a superb keeper.n tactically good too.why wasnt he made a permanent capt. then?
so if sehwag has reached his peaks ?even dhoni has reached his peak in odis n can only go downhill. so should he removed as an odi captain?
People usually don't go through prolonged loss of form in ODIs. It's hard to believe that Dhoni will suffer such as opposed to Sehwag not scoring in test matches. Sehwag is a type of player who will struggle on and off in tests. And if he is the captain during that period he will be under tremendous pressure.
People usually don't go through prolonged loss of form in ODIs. It's hard to believe that Dhoni will suffer such as opposed to Sehwag not scoring in test matches. Sehwag is a type of player who will struggle on and off in tests. And if he is the captain during that period he will be under tremendous pressure.
why not? look at pathan.tho he s a bowler but even he is going thru a prolonged lean patch.if it can happen to him. it can happen to dhoni.also u said dhoni will improve his batting?hes played 35 tests?wen will he do that?
not really .IMO sehwag wud be a much better choice. dhoni already has two jobs batting n keeping. captaining wud be a burden on him.he does this job decently in LOIs' date='but tests are different[/quote'] I completely agree. Why burden a guy who's already 20/20, ODI captain. It doesn't make sense. Sehwag has vast experience and Dhoni should be VC. The both of them work well together and Sehwag's calm demeanor would be an important asset.
why not? look at pathan.tho he s a bowler but even he is going thru a prolonged lean patch.if it can happen to him. it can happen to dhoni.also u said dhoni will improve his batting?hes played 35 tests?wen will he do that?
Hey I am not saying he will improve but that he has a chance to improve because he still has a lot many years left in him. And his wicketkeeping is already better than PP and DK (and others also I guess). It's not as if I am a fan of his batting or captaincy but once the seniors go out only VS and MSD will be a surety in the side for at least a couple of years. So you have to choose between the two. It's not like we have 10 other options.