Zak launches stinging attack on the Aussies

Ram

I don't thik the Australians should go back to India to tour again. They are clearly not respected there...quite obviously from the comments in these forums. They may even experience danger there, knowing how much the Indians detest them, according to the reply by sm332. It might be safer to not go to a country which hates you..

I don't thik the Australians should go back to India to tour again. They are clearly not respected there...quite obviously from the comments in these forums. They may even experience danger there' date=' knowing how much the Indians detest them, according to the reply by sm332. It might be safer to not go to a country which hates you..[/quote'] you seriously think aussie players are 'not safe' in india ? just so you know, brett lee has been india's "sweetheart" for quite a while now. His album (which according to me was total bs) was a blockbuster. Symonds was paid $1.35 million (despite the sydney fiasco) and all the hyderabadi's cheered for Symo during his IPL stint.

Ravi (above) seems to suggest the Australians are the most "hated" team going around. Once again, quite strong words. I would think in a country where you are hated that it would be dangerous for Australians. Although, I have to say, I am yet to venture to India, but indications from this forum are not good.

Ravi (above) seems to suggest the Australians are the most "hated" team going around. Once again' date=' quite strong words. I would think in a country where you are hated that it would be dangerous for Australians. Although, I have to say, I am yet to venture to India, but indications from this forum are not good.[/quote'] Of course, his "hated" comment was solely directed towards Aus cricket team. Do you seriously think, that people outside Australia are bunch of fools who will vent out their anger on a normal citizen of a country because of their hatred towards some sporting team that coincidentally belongs to the same nation ? I think I have you enough evidence that not all the Indians are hell bent on hating aussie cricketers. The fact that Indians love Brett Lee is more than enough evidence for you not to prejudice us being a vulgar crowd.
Ravi (above) seems to suggest the Australians are the most "hated" team going around. Once again' date=' quite strong words. I would think in a country where you are hated that it would be dangerous for Australians. Although, I have to say, I am yet to venture to India, but indications from this forum are not good.[/quote'] Aussies are hated in NZ too. They are hated in South Africa and are hated in West Indies. You will have nowhere to go other than stay in your own country. "Hate" doesn't really mean - "Kill" in some countries. Don't be so naive and pretend people in Australia don't hate other nations or people from other nationality. I visit Australia often knowing very well Aussies have absolute contempt for people of certain nationality but that doesn't mean every Aussie I meet is an idiot. Most Aussies are excellent and are a good sport but there are enough pests as there are in other parts of the world. Your holier than thou opinions coming from Australia surprises me. A lot of people get mugged, thrashed and killed in Australia on a daily basis. There have been many race related riots in Australia. Don't make it sound like every Aussie is a saint and it's heaven like in Australia. It's only as good as other parts of the world and people from your country are no better educated or behave any better than people from other countries. Open your eyes and you will see people are the same everywhere. You take offence to Zaheer's remarks about Australia's cricket related tactics but you will hear nothing or mention nothing about Hayden's "Obnoxious weed" comment on Harbhajan. Either you are not from Australia or you don't have any knoweledge about cricket and its history.
Australians are starting to become quite frustrated with Indians and not having good relationships with them. Australia are currently going through the proper professional avenues with rebuilding their team. Of course they will not play as dominating like they have in the past. To Australians it seems quite strange that Indians would put the same pressure and make the same commetns to a team that are learning. (snip) Sacchin Tendulkar is loved in Australia, because he understands how to get his point across without being rude. We as Australians are finding ourselves responding to comments that we normally consider to be unappropriate, uneducated or rude. This is making us respond in ways that we don't like and also making us look bad.
Sounds like a load of self-righteous crap from a guy who either isn't Aussie and is just here to troll or as Ravi said, knows F all about Aussie cricket. The line that "it seems quite strange that Indians would put the same pressure and make the same commetns to a team that are learning." is complete and utter BS, because Australia have been very good at doing this for a long time and set the standards (not a bad thing). This is why just about any debut v. Australia in recent years (or for that matter in periods during the 30s and late 40s) was treated as a baptism of fire. Heck, go see a club/grade cricket match in Sydney or Melbourne - if there are youngsters playing, they'll be put under pressure and given a bit of **** from the older players who will not be nice, and will try and make them sweat it out. I've experienced it first hand (in terms of receiving and giving), and I'd say anyone who thinks Aussies are nice, soft and gentle like the old mid-90s English teams is talking out of their ****. Nothing wrong with a few verbals - nothing wrong with it when it's done in Aus, by Aussies, and nothing wrong when it's done by Indians to Aussie youngsters. Stop whinging. As far as "Australians are finding ourselves responding to comments that we normally consider to be unappropriate, uneducated or rude" go - what a load of crap. Anyone who has followed the Australian team over any segment of the last 20 years barring the Mark Taylor years would laugh at that.

It won't make any difference to that bloke, forget it Salil. As usual I have no problems whatsoever with comments from Zak or Punter. They are absolutely acceptable and the Aussies are liked/hated by a lot because of their aggressive demeanor. One reason I like them is because of their aggressive attitude and game play. That is what separates them from the rest. What irks me is this guy making an appearance here and telling us some of the Indian cricket players needing education. There are more drop-outs in Aussies schools compared to India. Some of these blokes that haven’t seen outside their country seem to think theirs is the best ever place and all other places outside theirs is rubbish. This guy is mentioning English language is a problem in India. I know these types of blokes like back of my hand, they expect the local Indians to speak English in an accent Aussies can understand and put across discussions using the slang the Aussies have. That was what he was implying. Why is that? Just because the Aussies cannot understand. Why should an Indian living in India and coming from India speak in an accent that caters to the Aussies? Not all of them from Australia are like this but some can be like this, expecting to be pleased by all and sundry.

This is fantastic. I've been looking for a forum mainly dominated by Indians, to stir up and I have found one. I still don't think the Australian team should be touring India. Even the Indians I work with mentioned it could be dangerous in the north, north/west for us. Go to safer places I say..

It won't make any difference to that bloke' date=' forget it Salil. As usual I have no problems whatsoever with comments from Zak or Punter. They are absolutely acceptable and the Aussies are liked/hated by a lot because of their aggressive demeanor. One reason I like them is because of their aggressive attitude and game play. That is what separates them from the rest. What irks me is this guy making an appearance here and telling us some of the Indian cricket players needing education. There are more drop-outs in Aussies schools compared to India. Some of these blokes that haven’t seen outside their country seem to think theirs is the best ever place and all other places outside theirs is rubbish. This guy is mentioning English language is a problem in India. I know these types of blokes like back of my hand, they expect the local Indians to speak English in an accent Aussies can understand and put across discussions using the slang the Aussies have. That was what he was implying. Why is that? Just because the Aussies cannot understand. Why should an Indian living in India and coming from India speak in an accent that caters to the Aussies? Not all of them from Australia are like this but some can be like this, expecting to be pleased by all and sundry.[/quote'] Agreed Ravi. Although I've come across very few in Australia who have the close minded/tunnel-visioned approach that this fella has. Thankfully most Aussies I know are far more pleasant and certainly don't have that holier than thou attitude...
This is fantastic. I've been looking for a forum mainly dominated by Indians' date=' to stir up and I have found one. I still don't think the Australian team should be touring India. Even the Indians I work with mentioned it could be dangerous in the north, north/west for us. Go to safer places I say..[/quote'] You are not trying to stir but just being dumb. There won't be any loss whatsoever to Indian cricket if an Australian team doesn't tour them. It only hurts the Aussies if they don't tour. This is the reason why the Aussie players folk to play cricket in India. BTW none cares for your opinion, your players seem to love to tour India. BTW your not visiting India is quite positive. Lest the Indians won't reckon Aussies are naive and have blinkers. India will be better off without tourists like you.

Zoch, with all due respect son, what you've just said is just a big crock and nothing more. Aussies not respected in India ? Oh please. Try telling that to Shane Warne, Steve Waugh, Brett Lee amongst others. They are all revered in India - so much so that Indian companies even recruit them to do ads. Walk down a street in New Delhi and you will be shocked to see huge boards on which Brett Lee is advertising a Timex or Steve Waugh is advertising MRF tires. Lee even recorded a [crappy] song with a famous Indian singer and it flew right to the top of the billboards mainly because of his popularity. When was the last time a curry muncher was seen advertising Weetabix ? The only uneducated, inappropriate and rude comments are coming from you. Get a life.

Don't know what you're talking about Ravi. You actually have it quite wrong. I don't speak like the typical Australian stereotypes. I can see I've made you quite upset. Makes for a good tour possibly? I would never expect an Indian to speak in a way that I prefer. My city is very multicultural and I need to listen quite hard to different accents every day. I'm just bantering on the internet because I can't be in India for the games to give the Indians a bit of curry. Don't get too upset fella's.

This is fantastic. I've been looking for a forum mainly dominated by Indians' date=' to stir up and I have found one. I still don't think the Australian team should be touring India. Even the Indians I work with mentioned it could be dangerous in the north, north/west for us. Go to safer places I say..[/quote'] You know what dude, BCCI will throw them a few $$, and they will come and play in India. Safe or unsafe. No bombs or 200. They will come. :cantstop: So.....

That's correct, they will go for the money. The money needs to be big or they won't, what would be the use? Don't worry, Indian is still some of my favourite food. I remember watching a doc. once where a local cricket team from Australia went to India to play against the locals. I'd like to do that. Would you play against me Salil & Ravi, or am I still not welcome?

I don't thik the Australians should go back to India to tour again. They are clearly not respected there...quite obviously from the comments in these forums. They may even experience danger there' date= knowing how much the Indians detest them, according to the reply by sm332. It might be safer to not go to a country which hates you..
Money is above everything, you forgot the commercial endorsements and IPL. Aren't the aussies hated in England too, albeit with a pint ; at the end of the day - its all on the field
That's correct, they will go for the money. The money needs to be big or they won't, what would be the use? Don't worry, Indian is still some of my favourite food. I remember watching a doc. once where a local cricket team from Australia went to India to play against the locals. I'd like to do that. Would you play against me Salil & Ravi, or am I still not welcome?
Guess what? I don't live in India so can't comment. There are millions that'll queue up in India to play cricket with anyone even if they are from Amazon jungle :winky: