Final bow on my terms - Kumble

graphic23

even if u dont have bench strength? even if ur 80% fit performance is much better than other guy's 100% fit performace?
Entirely hypothetical. Who's to judge that ? The other factor is this: a player who plays injured not only will underperform but risks that injury becoming more serious, therefore possibly missing vital matches whereas had he missed just one match to rest/recover, he could play the others.
That's all fine an good Kumble, but your captaincy was weak, and your bowling worse. There's no doubt about the fighting spirit of this man but that alone doesn't qualify a player as a great captain or in form cricketer.
it wasnt that bad . u dont need to be over agressive.after losing the toss on such a wicket against a champion side, only two results were possible: aussie win or a draw. we have achieved the better
it wasnt that bad . u dont need to be over agressive.after losing the toss on such a wicket against a champion side' date=' only two results were possible: aussie win or a draw. we have achieved the better[/quote'] Look, no offense to you my friend, but that's a loser's attitude and the problem I have with Kumble. The facts are the following: 1. Australia come into the test without a single real spin bowler. 2. None of Australia's fast bowlers had ever bowled in a Test Match in India before. 3. Their batting was without the likes of Symonds, Gilly, and Ponting had struggled against India. That left India with two bowlers of spin who had taken around 800 wickets between them, a batting order of vast experience, an opener in Sehwag who Australia was terrified of, yet Kumble played Australia on the defensive over and over again. This was not an invincible Australian team. Zaheer Khan, Ishant, then our tail enders batting proved that and MOST IMPORTANTLY believed it. Too bad our captain didn't. The difference in intensity, aggression and purpose was like night and day when Dhoni took over briefly from Kumble as the captain. That talent in this side is there. All they need is direction and a purpose that Kumble is sorely lacking as a captain. This could be one of India's greatest moments of cricket. But under Kumble it'll turn out to be a mis directed journey into uncertainty and self doubt.

With all due respect to Kumble, your captaincy is way too ordinary. And that fact remains along with the fact that you are a legend as a bowler. Your lack of form does not bother me....you will come back soon, I know that. But your captaincy does. You are a man with a strong mind, strong character and a great fighter. But you lack the imagination and innovation needed in Cricket these days. I would advise you resign from captaincy and concentrate on your bowling.

Look, no offense to you my friend, but that's a loser's attitude and the problem I have with Kumble. The facts are the following: 1. Australia come into the test without a single real spin bowler. 2. None of Australia's fast bowlers had ever bowled in a Test Match in India before. 3. Their batting was without the likes of Symonds, Gilly, and Ponting had struggled against India. That left India with two bowlers of spin who had taken around 800 wickets between them, a batting order of vast experience, an opener in Sehwag who Australia was terrified of, yet Kumble played Australia on the defensive over and over again. This was not an invincible Australian team. Zaheer Khan, Ishant, then our tail enders batting proved that and MOST IMPORTANTLY believed it. Too bad our captain didn't. The difference in intensity, aggression and purpose was like night and day when Dhoni took over briefly from Kumble as the captain. That talent in this side is there. All they need is direction and a purpose that Kumble is sorely lacking as a captain. This could be one of India's greatest moments of cricket. But under Kumble it'll turn out to be a mis directed journey into uncertainty and self doubt.
thats just your POV.the only problem with is ,as u said,lack of a genuine spinner.the fast bowlers ur tallking about, two of them are in top 10 of icc rankings and mitchell johnson, the fastest left armer in the world, raises his performance wen he sees india.u cant write them off just bcoz of their inexperience in india.thier batting lineup boasts of champions like ponting ,hussey,hayden n proven players like katich n clarke. watson is as good a batsman as symonds but didnt have chances earlier bcoz of injuries. they may not be invincible,but still are toughest to beat in the world. also i disnt see any differnce in intensity,aggro wen dhoni was captain.yes the croud roared with every ball thts bcoz, dhoni is popular among them,not a big deal. as u said this could be one of india greatest moments.but i;m sure kumble will lead us to glory.with dhoni's overagrresive tactics, we might end up losing tests instead of winning them
two things to bear in mind. they don't necessarily apply to kumble at this stage. 1. what makes such hyper-competitive people champions is exactly what makes them stick around past their use-by date.
Very-well said. They always believe that they have more to give, and push themselves more than the normal guy. But, after a point, they honestly don't have any more to give, but cannot see it for themselves. The example that I am familiar with is Bobby Bowden, the head coach of my alma mater's football team. The man brought sporting glory to a defunct program, but now that the team has slipped, he is not willing to step aside until he can right the ship again. Unfortunately, there comes a time when the spirit is willing, but the flesh is starting to rot.