Dont you dare call it quits till you have won the world cup for India in 2011

DomainK

Kumble: In the long career since those teenage days, I've watched Sachin have his ups and downs, battle injury and deal with everything with immaculate calm. It's an amazing quality, a blessing. That calm is what has always fascinated me, apart from his game itself and the way he approaches it. Whenever there's been a bad decision, and this has happened quite a lot of times in his career, he comes back into the dressing room, sits in his place, looks at the TV screen and that's it. Link 18_10_2008_022_003.jpg

Richie Benaud: Over the years I have seen many new things in cricket and expect to see more before I finish. One such was the tournament in Sharjah in 1998.... It was there that I watched two of the greatest innings I have ever seen played in limitedovers cricket: Sachin Tendulkar was the batsman and he hit two centuries. The first in which he guided, or blasted India to the final was a classic. So was the second century, for that matter, but the first, with him knowing that millions of viewers in India were sitting in front of television sets, willing him to succeed, was quite something. I thought I had seen just about everything in cricket, but this was different because Sachin made his runs in a desert sandstorm. LINK 18_10_2008_022_006.jpg

"I was then Chairman of the Junior selection committee and picked him to play for U-15s when he was 12.He was run out in Pune off the first or second ball he faced and cried like a baby not because he didn't score but because he was deprived of batting-and all he ever wanted to do was bat" Milind Rege,Sachin's first selector LINK 18_10_2008_003_001.jpg18_10_2008_023_011.jpg

When the identity of cricket’s all-time greats are discussed, Tendulkar is assured a prominent place in the debate. There are obvious reasons for this. For starters, there’s his unrivalled number of runs in Tests and one-dayers. In the not-too-distant future his combined aggregate in these two forms will top 30,000, an astonishing tally. Then there is the testimony of Sir Donald Bradman, who said Tendulkar’s batting style was the closest to that of Bradman himself, and Shane Warne, who places Tendulkar top of his list of contemporary cricketers Simon Wilde in Sunday Times http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/cricket/article4969385.ece

"I think the great batsmen always have a little extra time than normal batsmen - and he had a little more time than any other I have seen.Some of the shots he has are amazing. He can look like he is pushing forward in defence but the ball goes rushing to the boundary.Millions of people in this country love him. Every kid wants to become Sachin Tendulkar.He has set a standard for those young people to follow him. The country needs heroes like him.It is great to have a player of this calibre and a cricketer who can give joy to the whole country.It is great to have a player of this calibre and a cricketer who can give joy to the whole country.It is not easy to play for 19 years with the pressure he has had throughout his career." Kapil Dev,Former Indian Captain. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/sachin-creates-history-breaks-laras-record/374653/

Good to see all these articles in one single thread. Thanks for the good read. BTW I don't reckon it was a good call by Gavaskar asking Tendulkar to bring back the world cup. In that case he should be saying the same to the likes of Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman and Anil Kumble. We all know a game cannot be won by an individual let alone a world cup. Sachin is great but not so great he can win the world cup all on his own. Neither can anyone.

Was just going through that video again. Sehwag was beaming like a baby who got a nice toy. He really adores Tendulkar' date=' doesnt he?[/quote'] He was also showing a big smile when Ganguly got a century. He's a really cool guy when it comes to appreciating other people's efforts - a very good team guy from that perspective.