Your top 3 favourite Kumble moments

bharat297

1.10 at kotla, was very memorable as it came against pakistan and especially when i was fast losing hope after a good opening partnership by Pak. at some point, i switched off the TV and went out for lunch. on returning , he was picking up wickets so regularly that the 10 wickets opportunity slowly came up, excitement built and eventually it was a thrilling experience. 2. It was off the field- the sydney press conference and the famous quote-" only one team played with the true spirit". that was a slap on the face of Ponting, Symmonds and Clarke. 3.the last catch he took of his own bowling, his last wicket, after watching the indian fielders drop sitters, he did not even think twice before running to mid wicket and catching with his injured hand. thats the man.

Why only 3.. There are plenty... All the tests in the 3-0 whitewash of England. I think thats the first time in India, WorldTel was picturising and broadcasting Test matches in India. First time, we were seeing matches in India on Satellite channels which is a far different from what we used to get on DD. Vividly remember Azhar throwing the ball to Kumble as soon as 8 or 10 overs were dont with in the name of formality. And everytime he came on, he picked up a wicket. Dont remember the stats, but remember him as a bowler Hero Cup final was awesome 80+ score in an innings against south africa at kolkatta Theere was a Titan Cup match in Bangalore where Kumble and Srinath fought our way back to victory. How can we forget the child like enthusiasm of the elderly ladies who were jumping up in joy as their sons went on to make the country proud 10 wkt in an innings at Delhi, with Srinath deliberately bowling wides at the other end Getting out in a match against New Zealand, where he was ducking for a bouncer and the ball went on to hit the stumps. Every time he dives to stop the ball at mid off / mid on. He'll make the easiest of stops look so difficult, yet I enjoyed them all. The French beard look that he had during 2002, 2003, 2004 Broken jaw bowling Century against England Broken finger catch at Kotla Riding on Dravid's and Zaheer's shoulders

Theere was a Titan Cup match in Bangalore where Kumble and Srinath fought our way back to victory. How can we forget the child like enthusiasm of the elderly ladies who were jumping up in joy as their sons went on to make the country proud
Yeah..that match was bloody legend..:two_thumbs_up: I remember dancing like crazy in my drawing room while watching it:yay:
Theere was a Titan Cup match in Bangalore where Kumble and Srinath fought our way back to victory. How can we forget the child like enthusiasm of the elderly ladies who were jumping up in joy as their sons went on to make the country proud
I watched that game with my entire family (my mom watched one for the first time), i had taken a vow from her that if India won that game, she would watch the entire tourney incl the final (as my lucky charm), i know now it sounds juvenile, but as a 9 year old i really enjoyed those days.

Your Favorite Jumbo momentz Can't be just one.. offcourse there would be plenty of them i am sure.. but to name few.. here goes my list... - In Every Test Match he used to carry that Famous First Test Cap of his and used to wear that.. it got old. it got faded.. still it had charm.. whenever he used to wear that cap.. he used to look a gentleman.. Those BLOODY lucky umpires who used to get to hold that Fantastic Memorable cap of Kumble every over when Kumble used to bowl... Legend......... - Man with the Broken Jaw.. is a man supposed to be in a hospital... not in the case of Legend Kumble.. Jumbo was there in Antigua's famous cricket ground even after breaking his JAW... India needed effort in bowling and Champion from Bangalore turned up for India and got the famous wicket of Brian Lara... THAT WAS THE BRAVEST ACTION SEEN ON A CRICKET FIELD - I was there in the crowd in 1999.. Day 4 of the test match.. it was Sunday.. Everyone in the crowd hoping for the game to get over on Day 4.. else the next day being Monday won't have the same charm as all the school kids, college students would have to miss the game and go to their school and colleges.. and then Azhar brought on KUMBLE... wickets after wickets.... stadium full... SUPER SUNDAY IT CAME... Here we were eating Matar Aloo with Puri sitting somewhere in the Crowd.. and their on the pitch Kumble was making sure the Pakistani Batsmans enjoy the matar aloo on pitch... Kumble took 10.. India drew the series... ALL HAPPEND AT KOTLA... ... WILL ADD MORE LATER p.s - my bad. didn't see the thread before.. sorry folkz...

^ Yea ... that cap has become iconic now. Watching Anil Kumble at the end of each over take his cap, and go back to his field position , annoyed at himself for not doing better (even when he did very well) was something I got so used to seeing. Kumble was ever the perfectionist.