Murali Vijay Krishna - Debut

fineleg

I am not so thrilled to see someone making his debut against Aus in such an important match. I am sure the talent is there, pitch also might be easy for him but lee, clark, johnson are quality bowlers. Sehwag, dravid and to a degree even Sachin have not got big score in this series, dhoni the batsman has had just one good game in the last 7-8 tests he has played. Add into the mix a debutant and things get tricky. Now if sehwag has a good test i doubt anyone would even talk about vijay but if he doesnt then things could go wrong pretty quick.

Now if sehwag has a good test i doubt anyone would even talk about vijay but if he doesnt then things could go wrong pretty quick.
Maaan...that is when it is cut to the quick...he has got it or he ain't....and you know what...I am so waiting for a new Indian to be on the scene.....maaaan....how long has it been? The young fella, by my feeling is going to hit THE SPOT! YEAH! About time mate! About time.
Maaan...that is when it is cut to the quick...he has got it or he ain't....and you know what...I am so waiting for a new Indian to be on the scene.....maaaan....how long has it been? The young fella, by my feeling is going to hit THE SPOT! YEAH! About time mate! About time.
cochise, don't think your excitement will last long! not for a second I'm worried of Vijay's failure.From what all one got to read and hear abt him,its quite evident that he's not one of those players who's going to give you butterflies in your stomach once he walks to the wicket.He's a solid opening batsman perfectly fitted for test cricket 'hopefully'.
cochise, don't think your excitement will last long! not for a second I'm worried of Vijay's failure.From what all one got to read and hear abt him,its quite evident that he's not one of those players who's going to give you butterflies in your stomach once he walks to the wicket.He's a solid opening batsman perfectly fitted for test cricket 'hopefully'.
F**** man....even if he gets zero....invented by us INDIANS remember....it's okay....i want FIGHT! I think the lad has that and much MORE! Bring it on!

The one positive I can see from Murali Vijay's selection is that the selectors have picked someone who is in form and not waited and picked the player after 6 months. Whether he succeeds, if picked in the 4th test match, depends on Murali. The opportunity will be there for his taking. "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

the only little doubt with m.vijay is that he doesn't have much experience but, virat, though not an opener, has opened for india in odis and much more importantly, he got a 100 in the warm up game, against the very same australian side that too, when his team was struggling, when they had lost early wickets so can definately carry the job off

MSD has said MVK will open. That is a bit of a shock. I thought he is going to be a 'backup opener'. Anyway, good luck to MVK. Tough, tough job - decider against Aus. Spare a thought for Badri folks, spare one. The guy has worked his butt off in domestics, A tours etc. He captains TN team, and one yengster from his TN team has pipped him :winky: Spare a thought.

MSD has said MVK will open. That is a bit of a shock. I thought he is going to be a 'backup opener'. Anyway, good luck to MVK. Tough, tough job - decider against Aus. Spare a thought for Badri folks, spare one. The guy has worked his butt off in domestics, A tours etc. He captains TN team, and one yengster from his TN team has pipped him :winky: Spare a thought.
I am not big fan of badri (but my current opinion is based on whatever little i have seen him bat) YET i would rather have dravid opening with sehwag and badri making a debut rather than vijay
am not big fan of badri (but my current opinion is based on whatever little i have seen him bat) YET i would rather have dravid opening with sehwag and badri making a debut rather than vijay
That is why you are not a selector man....you are so conservative. Do you think we play conservative cricket mate?
That is why you are not a selector man....you are so conservative. Do you think we play conservative cricket mate?
Ex from currernt series 1st test last day we were on survival mode even when ponting made such a bold declaration 3rd test even after scoring 600+ in first inning ; last day we seemed so vulnerable

my best wishes to Vijay..hope he has a decent outing in the middle..even a solid 30 or 40 wud be good enuf because we want a good start..As MSD said this is international cricket and there can be no excuses u have to grab the opportunity with both hands wen u get it..so go for it Vijay :two_thumbs_up:

1st test last day we were on survival mode even when ponting made such a bold declaration 3rd test even after scoring 600+ in first inning ; last day we seemed so vulnerable
You are not wrong...but it seems to me that your psyche is unduly hinged on the vagaries of the Indian Team. How to keep balance? First and foremost, keep it within yourself. p.s. We are going to win this last test, you know?