I ask this question again.

Ram

Referrals will reduce the innings score by 25%. certainly. even in this series, there were so many LBW decisions which would have been upheld on referral. almost all batsmen with major scores of 60+ in an innings had a favourable LBW ruling by on field umpires. it would have brought the score down. there will be less hundreds in test cricket if the referral system is in place.

I personally don't like the idea of referrals. I think the umpires should be held accountable. If an umpire is consistenly performing bad, he should be dropped ... and another umpire move up to the elite panel just like a player would. We have 2 umpires on the field, and a 3rd umpire upstairs monitoring every ball with several cameras at his disposal. If between the 3 of them they cant get most decisions correct, then something needs to be done about the training that umpires go through. I know it had no relevance to the match but that final lbw of Johnson was an absolute joke. At live speed (at the actual time) I could easily tell that was missing off. Now the way I judge an umpire is that if I can tell the correct decision at live speed at the actual time, and the umpire makes an incorrect decision then I consider that a horrible decision. That last wicket of Johnson was a horrible decision. Its a shame our last wicket in the series was due to umpiring.