Ganguly kept Ponting waiting during IPL

beetle

Ganguly kept Ponting waiting during IPL Press Trust of India Sourav Ganguly likes to keep the Australians waiting. The retired former Indian captain got on Steve Waugh's nerves by being late for toss on several occasions and during the Indian Premier League, he kept his Kolkata Knight Riders' team-mate Ricky Ponting waiting at nets. "There were couple of times when I was due to use his net straight after him but I was left standing there, waiting 20 or 30 minutes with my pads on, before I finally had my hit," Ponting recalled in his 'Captain's Diary 2008' in the section which deals with IPL. But far from taking offence, Ponting said he became an admirer of Ganguly's focus after watching him in action. "Sourav is very driven in the way he trains and prepares, a bloke who will get into a net and bat and bat and bat," Ponting said about his Kolkata Knight Riders captain. Ponting, who played only four matches in the inaugural edition of IPL, said he enjoyed sharing the dressing room with players of different countries and would want to see Kolkata Knight Riders win the cash-rich Twenty20 tournament next year. "I want the IPL to work and I really want my team Kolkata Knight Riders to win. "I was in India for a fortnight before the first IPL game, working on my game everyday, and for two weeks. By the time the first Twenty20 ball was bowled. I was really excited about the game. "Sharing a dressing with blokes from different countries is something I haven't done a lot of during my career. It was good fun, not so much because I suddenly confronted with a variety of cultures and different sense of humour. I love the team environment and being able to help people." But far from taking offence, Ponting said he became an admirer of Ganguly's focus after watching him in action. "Sourav is very driven in the way he trains and prepares, a bloke who will get into a net and bat and bat and bat," Ponting said about his Kolkata Knight Riders captain. Ponting, who played only four matches in the inaugural edition of IPL, said he enjoyed sharing the dressing room with players of different countries and would want to see Kolkata Knight Riders win the cash-rich Twenty20 tournament next year. "I want the IPL to work and I really want my team Kolkata Knight Riders to win. "I was in India for a fortnight before the first IPL game, working on my game everyday, and for two weeks. By the time the first Twenty20 ball was bowled. I was really excited about the game. "Sharing a dressing with blokes from different countries is something I haven't done a lot of during my career. It was good fun, not so much because I suddenly confronted with a variety of cultures and different sense of humour. I love the team environment and being able to help people." http://cricket.ndtv.com/cricket/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20080072344 ....................................................................................................................... Paisa makes everything acceptable .......:--D

http://cricket.ndtv.com/cricket/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20080072344 ....................................................................................................................... Paisa makes everything acceptable .......:--D
I'm not so sure. I don't think money can change they way people are, but money does have the effect of magnifying the way a person is. If you're an ***** to begin with money won't make you a better person just more of an idiot. At least with Ponting, I can respect the way he approaches the game and works hard at it. Where as guys like Steyn look at it as a paid holiday which is as lame as it gets.

Whats wrong in Chumps waiting for the Maharaja??? Moreover, Ponting shouldn't be talking about this in his Captain's diary, as he was not the Captain n the IPL. It was the Maharaja who was in charge and chump should not go around rubbing the man in charge on the wrong side... When will this guy ever talk sense? He can pass as a okay sort of a guy until he open his mouth. The moment he opens his mouth, there is no more argument that he is a big Fool.

"There were couple of times when I was due to use his net straight after him but I was left standing there, waiting 20 or 30 minutes with my pads on, before I finally had my hit," Ponting recalled in his 'Captain's Diary 2008' in the section which deals with IPL. But far from taking offence, Ponting said he became an admirer of Ganguly's focus after watching him in action. "Sourav is very driven in the way he trains and prepares, a bloke who will get into a net and bat and bat and bat," Ponting said about his Kolkata Knight Riders captain.
:haha: no offence .... he should just accept that he had no power to do anything about it ... No offence my ass :mama::shot: