Gary Kirsten the mystery man

Does anyone realise he is our coach:--D Have no idea what he is like or what he thinks. Doing a decent job as evidenced by results, although we were winning and doing well for at least a year before he arrived so just needed to keep thinks ticking over. I believe he is or has learnt that silent coach who does not boss around to much is the way forward with India eg like wright and not like chappell. As dada said " He is very good and is a better version of Wright" However, I think we have gone from 2 extremes from Chappell motor mouth to Kirsten the silent. Clearly BCCI diktat not to speak and in a way it does avoid contoversey. But wouldn't mind the odd interview here and there. Kirsten say something god dammn it! :pray:

Kirsten say something god dammn it!
Well he did say something like "Dhoni is ready for test captaincy" which dint really go well with the team. I think he learnt his lessons quickly and decided its better to keep his mouth shut and carry on with the jon without much controversy. Good for him and good for our team. We dont want another Chappel kind of loud mouth. That :finger: incident at Kolkatta and the slap Chappel got in Orissa might have taught Gary a lesson. Although he is a good man and dint do anything over the top, its good for him to live up to the "better version of wright" reputation.

John Wright also took a more backseat approach, especially early on. Wright and Kirsten seem coaches in a similar mould - people capable of adapting, being flexible, and knowing when to keep quiet and when to open their mouths. If Kirsten has the success Wright did, the next few years will be very good to watch as an Indian fan.