No Google No Statsguru Trivia : with prizes :-)

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath
ok...folks one more clue for question #1....that 5 day game was at Melbourne, and by then Sunny Gavaskar was a world renowned batter :-)
I have really simplified it too much with this twin clue.....anyone who has any knowledge of cricket history, and some logic, can easily deduce when this must have happened...for elimnation purposes of course , you do have statsguru still :-)
Guest HariSampath
2. Sandeep Patil
The answer is correct, sandeep...excellent...btw...what about some context, and also that bit about the bonus ...coach/manager ? u wanna try ?...but still very very good. :hatsoff:
Guest HariSampath
Wild guess for #1 - Chetan Chauhan?
naw....no need to guess wildly, I have said enough already...but Chauhan is wrong, but here is yet another clue...this man ( answer), was in the news..last year ..when IPL was being played...COME ON....guys, this is RIDICULOUS...someone HAS to get it :dance:
Guest HariSampath
I saw your context requirement a bit later and edited my earlier post - This was in the 80s before the 'coach' role was so glorified - i'm going to guess raj singh dungarpur?
Well...dont worry about the coach bit......when I said context, I mean some reference to series, opponent, anything to say that you indeed followed/read/heard about that event...Sandip Patil is correct, like I said...and I will pay you $10,000...but can you give any more specifics.....and then IF you can name the coach/manager....I will give you ( or anyone else) a bonus $10,000...I just want to see if anyone knows how and why Sandip Patil joined the team 3 hours after a test match had started, the circumstances.
aaawwgh.....get out of here.....Cheeka is the wrong answer. SAME session means the batter had got out TWICE within THAT session....NOT 2 times pre lunch or post tea etc on diff days...same session = 2 times dismissed in THAT session. ok ? dont cheat :giggle:
LULZ. i tried. :embarassed:
Guest HariSampath

Hey...just a min....it was NOT Melbourne, a small correction...it was Perth :-) sorry....I was thinking about the other game of that series....but here's yet another clue....a team got allout for 59 LOL.....now this is terribly easy :D

Guest HariSampath

doesnt that make it easier ? read my question very carefully. btw here is a clinching clue.....a world class player played an innings of 254 notout in that series, prompting Sir Donald Bradman to say it was the greatest innings he had ever seen. read carefully, again read my question....ok, one more clue..the Indian opener who got out twice, had more than one skillset to offer the team....now its obvious :-)

Guest HariSampath

Ok...let me summarise all the clues I had given so far. 1. An Indian opening batter is dismissed 2 times within the same session in a 5 day match at Perth , against Australia, by the same bowler.( 2 diff inngs, same day same session) 2. This happened at a time when Gavaskar was already a world renowned batter, but before the time Ganguly made his international debut. 3. This match was a game in which a team got allout for 59 4. This was a series in which a world class batsman got an inngs of 254 notout , prompting Donald Bradman to say it was the best ever innings he had seen 5. This opening batsman had more than one skillset to offer to his team. Additional clues for those who cant visualise enough. Gavaskar made his international debut in 1971 , making 774 runs in his debut series in Windies, we all know that. Ganguly made his international debut in 1991 ( in Aus). India , after Gavaskar's debut in 1971, did not tour Aus till 1977 , and all Perth games scores can be seen after that. So what could have happened, which series and game that will satisfy all the criteria given above ? Think...and I repeat...read very very carefully my original question as well as clues ...google smartly with the facts I had given ( scores etc), and you may find it. Remember , I said " 5 day game"....but game got over in 3 days .