No Google No Statsguru Trivia : with prizes :-)

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

Let me start with a couple of trivia questions that I bet no one can get from statsguru or google. Other posters please add your own, with prizes too if possible :-) 1. Who was the only Indian opener, to have ever been dismissed twice within the same session in 2 different innings against Australia, by the same bowler ( 5 day match) Prize ICF $ 10,000 for the first correct answer. And ICF $10,000 bonus if you can name the bowler too. 2. Who was the only test cricketer for India who had joined the team 3 hours after the test match had started and still played in the 11 ICF $10,000 for first correct answer. ( if you can name the coach/manager then, you get $10,000 bonus ) Come on , Lets see some answers, and more questions...:dance:

Guest HariSampath

The 2 questions are quite tough ones...and you may need to have a very good memory/as well as some ability to find out how it could have taken place.

obi. for the 1st one.. a dude probaly stayed not out, while rest of the dimwits failed.. india got follow on.. and he was dismissed cheaply 2nd time 1. ravi shastri? 2. srikanth :rolleyes:
yeah and prolly, india were shot out for a low total in the first innings and were made to avoid the follow on
Guest HariSampath

hmmm, Mankad, Lindwall ? No...can you provide me with any reference at all, but I dont think its correct. If you can show me when it happened, I will still pay you prize even if someone else gives the answer I am thinking of.

hmmm' date=' Mankad, Lindwall ? No...can you provide me with any reference at all, but I dont think its correct. If you can show me when it happened, I will still pay you prize even if someone else gives the answer I am thinking of.[/quote'] http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/62676.html India 58 a.o. Mankad got out first. First innings lasted less than an hour. Then, follow on, Mankad got out again before the session over.
Guest HariSampath
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/62676.html India 58 a.o. Mankad got out first. First innings lasted less than an hour. Then, follow on, Mankad got out again before the session over.
Excellent answer...but....it doesnt satisfy ALL the criteria in my question. Read it carefully . I said "5 day match"...and the game you refer to was a 6 day match :--D But still, a wonderful answer....and I surely think you deserve at least half the prize money ...in fact although I had examined this game before framing my question, I was quite sure that no one would even get at this game, ....but you did...:hatsoff: but let me see if the answer to my question on a "5 day match"....does come in...I will of course give you your richly deserved prize, like I promised above in this thread ( I owe it to you for the agony I caused you in another thread ;-) ok...folks one more clue for question #1....that 5 day game was at Melbourne, and by then Sunny Gavaskar was a world renowned batter :-)