No Google No Statsguru Trivia : with prizes :-)

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

Ok....I think no one would be able to get that fielder question. Here is the answer. Sunil Gavaskar. He fielded for a while for the West Indies on his debut tour in 1971. I think it was the Georgetown test. He has written about it in his book too. He was less worried about misfields than having to take a brilliant catch or effect a runout of his team mates , and then face their wrath later :-)

Guest HariSampath

Can anyone give an instance of a batsman given out in a test match by the umpire, being recalled and asked to resume his innings later in the innings on the next day ?

Guest HariSampath

lol.....that was a pretty simple one, because the only way this can happen is a wicket off the last ball , and the Kallicharan runout incident is well known :-)

Guest HariSampath

How many deliveries did Gundappa Vishwanath face in his first test innings and where was he caught ? Ok...guys asked for tough one right ? try this. $10,000 for the first correct answer ( I was seeing the Kanpur ODI and was reminded of GRV's debut on this same ground :-) )

How many deliveries did Gundappa Vishwanath face in his first test innings and where was he caught ? Ok...guys asked for tough one right ? try this. $10,000 for the first correct answer ( I was seeing the Kanpur ODI and was reminded of GRV's debut on this same ground :-) )
gone for a duck and score didn't change. so maybe, first ball duck... c. Redpath. he seems to have a lot of catches in a short career. so, i am gonna go with Slip...
Guest HariSampath

No....If you are guessing from the scorecard ..then you will see that Vishwanath came in at the fall of the 2nd wicket ( Wadekar at 167-2) who was dismissed off Connolly. The next to go was Mankad at 171, dismissed by Mallet, and at the same score Vishwanath was dismissed off Connolly :-) Yes he did get a duck , the only Indian player to get a duck and a 100 on debut, but it wasnt a golden duck