What happened to those..

veer

Triangular and Quadrangular tournaments which used to happened so frequently in India.??. Wills series and independent series and pepsi series and what not.. now a days, its only bilateral series or champions trophy with bunch of rookie teams.. this seven ODIs series going to get boring if we reach 4-0...

The maximum number of games for a bilateral series should be 5' date=' but BCCI wants more and more money, so we have ridiculously long series's[/quote'] i think they can make 10000x more money with well organized triangular or quadrangular series. with bilaterals (like now), 1) it gets boring after 3-4 matches, 2) with series being decided after 3 or 4 matches, no one would care for the rest of the matches. i think BCCI is more concerned with IPL. they could give rats ***** about ODIs/Tests. Heck, they would probably play IPL year long if it's possible. seriously, how else could you have day ODI matches on weekdays???
i think they can make 10000x more money with well organized triangular or quadrangular series. with bilaterals (like now), 1) it gets boring after 3-4 matches, 2) with series being decided after 3 or 4 matches, no one would care for the rest of the matches. i think BCCI is more concerned with IPL. they could give rats ***** about ODIs/Tests. Heck, they would probably play IPL year long if it's possible. seriously, how else could you have day ODI matches on weekdays???
Yeh true, even if there are two strong sides and a weaker team, you still would have to wait till the end to see who wins the final, so interest would last longer BCCI are silly at times and yet they rake in the $$$
that begs the question.. how long Lalit Modi gonna stay in the power.. do they go through election? Sharad Powar is chor too..
forever and ever. he's a smart businessman, no doubt about it. sure, i love IPL. so, does everyone. but it has serioulsy ruined cricket, especially test cricket. not only because of the 'game' but because of the money. seriously, would you want to work your a@@ off and play 5 days of gruelling tests or play for like 3 hours max per game for like 4 weeks and get 400k-1mil???? too much money. waaay too much money. that's what has spoilt it, not the game itself.
forever and ever. he's a smart businessman, no doubt about it. sure, i love IPL. so, does everyone. but it has serioulsy ruined cricket, especially test cricket. not only because of the 'game' but because of the money. seriously, would you want to work your a@@ off and play 5 days of gruelling tests or play for like 3 hours max per game for like 4 weeks and get 400k-1mil???? too much money. waaay too much money. that's what has spoilt it, not the game itself.
Its not about too much money, they need to give similar amounts of money in test matches Footballers get ridiculous amounts of money, but that doesn't damage the game There needs to be better incentives for players to play test matches
Its not about too much money, they need to give similar amounts of money in test matches Footballers get ridiculous amounts of money, but that doesn't damage the game There needs to be better incentives for players to play test matches
ofcourse it is about money... football is the wrong example cuz that sport has no other competition within its Sport.. no longer version, sorter version... its just football.. to be honest, purists will stick to test matches but to get into new market.. you gotta get into 20/20 and glamourize the sport...
maybe BCCI can give Indian players that much money, but not other countries. There is no way that can happen. They don't have that kind of revenue. Seriously, what was the need for so much money to begin with? Even 100k max for 4 weeks would have seemed a lot for most players. That might not have ruined the players. but, trust me, i am sure after 2-3 more seasons of IPL, it would fail miserably. I am pretty sure ICC will recognize ICL. Teams will turn against BCCI. And, it would have to let go off its stranglehold....