World Cup 2011 : Who are 100% certain to play ?

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

Lets take a much forward look at world cup 2011. Although there are 2 more seasons to go before the team will even settle down , there would be some 100% sure players in that squad. This thread is ONLY for those players who would be absolutely sure to play in that squad. Performances, form and fitness, as well as how much they would fit into the squad will be the guiding factors, and we cannot assume that players like Sachin will even be playing by the 2011 season. I feel that the following players will figure for sure, on considerations of what they have done in ODIs so far, their age, fitness expectations , performance expectations and also team combination. Go on, and nominate your set of iron clad certainties, not even 99%...but 100% for world cup 2011. 1. Dhoni 2. Sehwag 3. Yuvraj 4. Gambhir 5. Ishant Sharma 6. Zaheer Khan 7. Bhajji 8. Rohit Sharma At the moment I can only be absolutely certain of these 8...possibly players like Yousuf Pathan, Munaf Patel, Raina, Ojha, Uthappa, Kohli, RP, can also be a fairly reasonable bet. But we also have 2 more seasons of IPL, and who knows how many more super brilliant prospects may come up...there are very real possibilities of some extremely talented players coming through within 2 seasons...lets hope so..but lets guess for the moment ! Dont forget...Dhoni is the boss, and he has already said many times that he would like to have a core squad of 100+ ODI experienced players for wc2011.

Guest HariSampath
you are wasting byte space on ICF.. its year 2008 right now
No...considering that "building a winning team" for 2011 is a major theme for Indian fans, captain Dhoni , selectors , media etc, this is a very valid discussion
Guest HariSampath

Oh no....he had vaguely said 2-3 times that India has the potential to put out the best team. Cheeka wants Sachin to play, Sachin himself wants to play.....but no one can say how things will pan out for Sachin, on fitness grounds, 2 seasons/age later...but I can add something here on what Cheeka is looking for, as he told me " an allrounder in the genuine sense, not bits and pieces, a true Kapil Dev like allrounder"....but I dont see that here as yet

:hysterical:@rohit sharma being mentioned. he will be struggling in ranji even by 2011 or might have even been dropped from ranji teams even the only certainities r - gambhir yuvraj dhoni raina bowlers(esp fast bowlers) can never be certainities as they happen to be injury prone. sehwag not inclued in the list due to his poor odi form till the cb series the 2011 wc squad could look something like sehwag gambhir dhawan pujara yuvraj raina dhoni(c,w) harbhajan amit mishra zaheer ishant reserves: uthappa pravin kumar yusuf pathan munaf patel

^ I think you have missed out 2-3 Delhi players amits :hysterical: Not even Sehwag ?? LOL
read the full post. i mentioned y sehwag isnt a certainity. and i dont like all the delhi players. it is only that i am a fan of sehwag, gambhir, dhawan & ishant

To me there are only 2 certainties ... MS Dhoni and Sachin (if he can maintain his fitness until then)... thats it. If someone said 3 years ago to predict the side today ... very few of us would have had guys like Ishant Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Munaf Patel, etc. You dont know what could happen in 3 years time.