~Rumor~ Hayden may retire next week.

Not so shocked' date=' but just would like to see a reputable source[/quote'] The sunday times in england is a hundred time more reliable then cricinfo or any other crappy internet sites. Its widely reported in oz media so no idea why everyone thinks its not been reported. Do you really live in oz donny? As it is widely being reported there.
just my guess: i think hayden will continue' date=' lets see what happens after the test[/quote'] If he flunks next week he will IMO say thats it. 100 caps and out. I think he wants to retire as he feels its right time with his form etc. Its ponting who seems to be persuading him to stay! As ponting knows the replacemnts are very average
If he flunks next week he will IMO say thats it. 100 caps and out. I think he wants to retire as he feels its right time with his form etc. Its ponting who seems to be persuading him to stay! As ponting knows the replacemnts are very average
and that too at a time when Cricket Australia is busy finding one to replace him :giggle:

Matthew Hayden has been the best opener in world cricket for a few years now - only player who might challenge him is Graeme Smith. Sehwag is also up there, but as we can admit, Veeru is rather hot and cold. Sehwag differs from Smith and Hayden, in that he can change a test match in the space of 10-15 overs, can score really quick, but sometimes will go out for a quick, 40-50+. Still amazing though. Hayden has consistantly scored for Australia, bar the recent Indian series and the NZ series going on now. It will be sad to see Hayden go, he is an amazing player when on song. Players like Hayden, like Dravid, like Ponting dont score X amount of runs in test cricket and just suddenly lose it. It is their ability to bounce back, that make them champions. If Hayden goes, Australia have depth in that opening spot. Phil Jacques and Simon Katich will make a great opening pair. Loathe or Love Hayden - you have to respect his game as an international cricketer.

No, Hayden should continue till Ashes and score... lesser and lesser. his average should come down below 50 if possible. he should repent for all those foul mouthed sledging about indians and india, on the field and off the field. May my wish come true, however sadistic it is! Omen.

He knows this and as reports suggest is looking to pack it in before he humiliates himself.
What reports ? Couldn't find one. Hardly surprising considering the topic starter's record. :regular_smile:
If Hayden goes' date=' Australia have depth in that opening spot. Phil Jacques and Simon Katich will make a great opening pair.[/quote'] PJ will be out for quite a while, after surgery. Chris Rogers is the man in waiting. My report in AC.net from the just completed Sheffield Shield match in Perth: Victoria records stunning win Nov 25th, 2008 | By Donny | Category: Domestic cricket, Sheffield Shield After Marcus North’s wonderful batting - a century in each innings - the Bushrangers' opener, Chris Rogers repeated the feat. After scoring 115 in the first innings, he was 147 n.o. as Victoria took outright points with just 7 balls remaining in the match. Played at the WACA, this match had everything. Excellent bowling by Damien Wright (8/106) and Brett Dorey (8/179), spirited tail end batting with Matt Wade and Peter Siddle putting on 65 for the 9th. wicket and Steve Magoffin pairing with Dorey in an 8th. wicket stand of 113, and the previously mentioned centuries. Other good performances came from James Pattinson (Darren's younger brother), who took 3/43 in his first bowl at first class level, David Bandy’s valuable contributions of 36 & 48 when really needed and the great support given by Dave Hussey (87) and Andy McDonald (60*) to Rogers during the Vics successful chase in which they notched 4/321.
What reports ? Couldn't find one. Hardly surprising considering the topic starter's record. :regular_smile:
Donny conveniently ignores all the links to oz media outlets in this thread speculating hayden is going to retire. Why dont you try one of those links to your media, so I hardly made it up did I! Don't shoot the messenger
What reports ? Couldn't find one. Hardly surprising considering the topic starter's record. :regular_smile: PJ will be out for quite a while, after surgery. Chris Rogers is the man in waiting. My report in AC.net from the just completed Sheffield Shield match in Perth: Victoria records stunning win Nov 25th, 2008 | By Donny | Category: Domestic cricket, Sheffield Shield After Marcus North’s wonderful batting - a century in each innings - the Bushrangers' opener, Chris Rogers repeated the feat. After scoring 115 in the first innings, he was 147 n.o. as Victoria took outright points with just 7 balls remaining in the match. Played at the WACA, this match had everything. Excellent bowling by Damien Wright (8/106) and Brett Dorey (8/179), spirited tail end batting with Matt Wade and Peter Siddle putting on 65 for the 9th. wicket and Steve Magoffin pairing with Dorey in an 8th. wicket stand of 113, and the previously mentioned centuries. Other good performances came from James Pattinson (Darren's younger brother), who took 3/43 in his first bowl at first class level, David Bandy’s valuable contributions of 36 & 48 when really needed and the great support given by Dave Hussey (87) and Andy McDonald (60*) to Rogers during the Vics successful chase in which they notched 4/321.
--------- your report is nothing but a score card in word format! AC.net can do with better report(er)s:--D