Pakistan unsafe: Dhoni, Tendulkar tell Board

Kartikey

^ Yes bharat297 statement is VERY naive. Sweet really. He seems to live in a world were he watches to many bollywood films. The allies replies to Hitler should also have been non viloent.
Do you remember your history? That was very different ... that was a coordinated attack on the government where several countries disagreed with the policies of the German government and decided together to invade them. There is yet to be any proof that the Pakistani government is responsible for this and these groups are separate from Pakistan itself. Bombing Pakistan will serve no purpose other than just to kill random Pakistanis ... however, based on some of the comments on the forum, it would make a lot of people here very happy to see random Pakistanis get killed.
Did violent action solve anything after September 11? America bombed Afghanistan, then invaded Iraq and declared a full-scale war on terror. Now, is America a safer place than before? Is Iraq safer? Is the world safer? As a result, there is more hatred amongst Islamic people towards America and people that were silent before begin to support Islamic extremists.
And what gave you the impression that America is not safe ? After 9/11 nothing has happened here. Even 9/11 interms of death toll does not compare with whats happening in Kashmir and in other parts of India routinely. Do you live in America ? I live here & I fly every week. The extra security measures that Americans have put in place is working. And its not the job of America to ensure that the world is safe. Their job is to protect their own interests first & America has done a pretty good job at that.
There are so many ignorant people who say crap like "we should just nuke all of pakistan" and then go and swear at their muslim neighbours, kick poor people around simply because they are muslim. These people live in the lap of luxury and are in no way directly affected or have been affected by past attacks, yet they still harbour this bullshit ignorant hatred. Any muslim kid who has to grow up in that atmosphere will be against India.
You'd put Shivraj Patil to shame. No one is calling for nuking Pakistan, but for Pak to take this seriously, they must know that they cannot get away with it. And for that, you need action. Giving speeches wont do. Gandhian fasts & non-violent demonstrations wont do. You are fighting evil ideologists and hate mongerers. Cant fight them with non violence. Our army exists to protect our nation. When citizens cannot live & commute to work safely in our cities, whats the use of our army ? We must invoke military action, albeit a mild one to get international attention.
At the end of the day, people have to understand that if we go to war with Pakistan then Pakistan will retaliate and although we would probably win that war, it would be at the expense of innocent civilians in both countries.
How else do you fight this ? Innocent civilians are dying as it is in India. War will hurt Pakistan more than it will hurt India. The hope is that those retards will finally wake up & realize that protecting Dawood & LeT is not worthy enough after all.
People do not understand that and are happy just to see violence in retaliation. The real solution is to find the senior figures in these terrorist groups and capture (and if necessary kill) them. Bombing random areas of Pakistan will not solve anything and people that think it will are simply running on pure emotion and not thinking straight.
This is easier said than done. For that we need to send counter-terrorist squads to Pakistan and take out these terrorist groups that are all over Pakistan. Without the help of Pakistani govt this is almost impossible to do. If we do this ourselves & Pakistani intelligence finds out (in all likelihood they will), there will be a war anyways. Propose a workable solution, dont give speeches.

^ If it is a coordinated attack on the terrorists by both countries then yes. However just randomly going into a war with Pakistan will not solve anything. If India are adament on a war then they can try ... commit trillions of dollars like the US did, fall into a terrible deficit ... lose a lot of money and effectively serve very little purpose. This requires a smart attack and the kind of things people are saying in this forum are nothing more than emotional outburts where they look to destroy the country of Pakistan in any way they can. You can not honeslty tell me that statements such as 'All Muslims should be evacuated from India' and 'Islam is the root of all evil' are nothing more than emotional outbursts.

So let me get this straight .. you think that by me saying that statements such as 'All Muslims should be evacuated from India' and 'Islam is the source of all evil' is over the top and purely emotional is devoid of any facts? I know quite a few Islamic people that are decent honest good people. To say that its a problem with all Muslims because the remaining ones are silent is extremely skewed. Look at WWII and the Holocaust ... German Nazi's were killing innocent Jews. Now a commonality amongst all these Nazi terrorists was that most of them were Christian. One of the many reasons the Nazis hated the Jews was due to the belief amongst Christians that Jews were to blame for the death of Christ. They used religion as a defence for their actions. Now imagine if people said that "Christianity is the source of all evil", and looked to target all Christians. The Americans realised that the best way to stop this was to target the very top ... target Hitler ... target Hitler's men. Thats what they did and thats how they won the war.

Extremist Muslims are a subset of Muslims overall Extremist Hindus are a subset of Hindus overall Exremist Christians are a subset of Christians overall and so on...you get the drift. In all these categories, extremists exist. Now "what % is the subset"? That answer I dont think is definite. I can agree the % is higher for the first category above than the 2 and 3. I dont know the % but I know its higher for category 1. But it still does not mean every muslim is extremist and fundamentalist.

Extremist Muslims are a subset of Muslims overall Extremist Hindus are a subset of Hindus overall Exremist Christians are a subset of Christians overall and so on...you get the drift. In all these categories, extremists exist. Now "what % is the subset"? That answer I dont think is definite. I can agree the % is higher for the first category above than the 2 and 3. I dont know the % but I know its higher for category 1. But it still does not mean every muslim is extremist and fundamentalist.
oww what a reaosning... im dumbfounded.. thanks for bringing some sense into this thread can someone give this an award for most sensible quote ever...
Guest dada_rocks

There are many level of extremism (1) Ideological one: People who think everybody else is fodder for hellfire no matetr what they do and only they are heaven-bound. In this category all muslims all chrstian and all Jews fall. Muslims have stornger belief here than the rest believe in thsi garbage they all. Followers of religion who think everyone has equal chances of salvation and they all need follow the same path fundamentally can;t be ideological extremist. (2)Physical extremist: Hereone can be extremist in any group. No doubt Muslims take the cake here. Even here I would divide it in two category reaconrry extremist and proactive extremist. You can figure out who falls in what group. My point ideological extremist they all are even Pope is an ideological extremist while even the worst hindu offender can;t be an ideological extremist.

Guest dada_rocks

BTW why are people surprised over Dhoni's comments now. Level of security in India has no bearing on the security situation in Pakistan. if it was ***** before 26/11 then so it remains after 26/11.

oww what a reaosning... im dumbfounded.. thanks for bringing some sense into this thread can someone give this an award for most sensible quote ever...
Its a basic fact and not some moment of reckoning. But you'll be surprised how many here at ICF dont see the basic fact, and hence you are dumbfounded since maybe you are amongst those who missed the basic fact the first time around. (yes, ur sarcasm noted)
Guest dada_rocks
In Islam you are not allowed to criticise Islam at all. Forbidden. Punishment for doing this is very extreme. Hence muclims do not critiicise it and thus no reformation like other religions have been through
'That is by design the day questioning is allowed in muslim countries this citadel will fall like pack of cards. What is the credibility of a book where God has not made up his mind yet even after 124000 attempt of sending the message.. Even at the puportedly last attempt he is not sure. Hence he has provision like if anything I say later contradicts what I have said earlier then later revelation wins. It's all **** and bull one guy making things up and obviously like any human being he too is prone to contradicting himself hence came up with the marvel law where later revelation wins. Point is if that guy was making this all up then it makes sense but if he claims it was god revelaing things then I tell to that god make your mind up before indoctrinating me. How many attempts God need to get this simple freaking thing right anyway. And He has audacity to call himnself all knowing and all powerful.