Pakistan unsafe: Dhoni, Tendulkar tell Board

Kartikey

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/pakistan-unsafe-dhoni-tendulkar-tell-board/79106-5.html New Delhi: Top Indian cricket players, including captain M S Dhoni and Sachin Tendulkar, are unwilling to tour Pakistan in January because they fear for their security. Sources tell CNN-IBN senior players have expressed their concern to the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI). The team is scheduled to play three Tests and five ODIs from January 4 to February 19 tour in Pakistan. Rahul Dravid, Virender Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh too have expressed their unwillingness to tour Pakistan. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCP) has assured foolproof security but the Indians believe the threat during the tour would be severe. PCB chief Ejaz Butt is scheduled to visit India soon to try and convince the BCCI but that plea is now likely to fall on deaf ears. CNN-IBN learns that the Ministry of External Affairs is unlikely to permit the Indian team to tour Pakistan. Play or lose friendly ties: Pak tells India Early November, the government refused to permit the Indian junior hockey team to tour Pakistan due to security concerns. The Associated Press reports the International Cricket Council deferred the Champions Trophy in September after five of the eight participating teams refused to compete at the biennial tournament that is considered the second most prestigious one-day event after the World Cup. The PCB has said it would consider playing India at a neutral venue or possibly switch series as alternatives. Pakistan is due to tour India in 2010.
Unless government doesnt permit' date=' i would like the tour to go on as scheduled. I dont think Indian gov would approve this tour if they had any kind of doubts. As an individual if you still dont want to go thats fine but BCCI as part of ICC has to fulfill its commitment.[/quote'] Which other countries fulfilled their commitment? Why was the Champions Trophy not staged in that country? why Australia and West Indies refused to tour ? Unless our government,BCCI and more importantly players feel safe to play,there is no need for a tour to Pakistan.

yeah already 25 dead .... and the tally of blasts in India continues to grow. The next step of course is for Shivraj Patil to spout the same nonsense ... I know this is a tough thing to stop. My grand-dad was in IB for 35 years so I understand the challenges faced. But our lack of concerted efforts is shocking right now

Blast in Mumbai.. GOOD.. One more blast on the face of the dump crowd who does not want to change...... Remove congress Bring back POTA I still dont understand why indian gov can not work against the terrist org in india soil forget the paki ***gots.. First control the anti indian element in INDIAN SOIL... I am being sarcastic here but i like this blasts.. Die more hype them more.. GOOD GOING..:mad:

Pakistan pe has rahe the...apne desh ki maa c# gayi.
Seriously!!! Still cant fathom how can events of such magnitude and scale be conducted without the police/govt getting a whiff of this?!? How incompetent are the internal intelligence agencies?!?! Considering that we have had so many blasts all over the country, the intelligence agencies should have been on their toes. Damn!!:((:((:((
Seriously!!! Still cant fathom how can events of such magnitude and scale be conducted without the police/govt getting a whiff of this?!? How incompetent are the internal intelligence agencies?!?! Considering that we have had so many blasts all over the country' date=' the intelligence agencies should have been on their toes. Damn!!:((:((:(([/quote'] i know what u mean but if 15 people decide to kill people like this and get ammunition dropped off by a boat what can intelligence do about it ... they cant catch them every time PS: this govt is good for nothing but what is the alternative .. Modi ? not really he is the other extreme
i know what u mean but if 15 people decide to kill people like this and get ammunition dropped off by a boat what can intelligence do about it ... they cant catch them every time PS: this govt is good for nothing but what is the alternative .. Modi ? not really he is the other extreme
Would prefer Modi or any XYZ to this lousy govt!! I have lost count how many times our cities and civilians were targeted. Modi will definitely instill fear in these ROP morons.