Growing Taller

Shehezaada

That's good stuff Shehzada! I used to need a greater run to touch the rim than yours. Also try to push your right knee up as you jump, it may give you a little more elevation. lol @ Max- that guy is pretty impressive. If you notice he's getting that elevation due to his spring like runup i.e notice the use of the arms as well xoxo

That's good stuff Shehzada! I used to need a greater run to touch the rim than yours. Also try to push your right knee up as you jump, it may give you a little more elevation. lol @ Max- that guy is pretty impressive. If you notice he's getting that elevation due to his spring like runup i.e notice the use of the arms as well xoxo
appreciate that brotha...i'll try it out for next time. howz ur season goin? playing for any teams, did u hear about the new BCL?

I've been refraining to comment on this thread since it was started' date=' but really this is unadulterated garbage - increasing your height by hanging on bars!!:hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] add another doubter to the list. even my doctor is confused but still says growth spurts are not likely, but possible till 25. Besides in my records at age 20 my measured height is 5 7 and now it's close to 5 9.5.

I need to grow too, im just a bit younger than OP too. At school i was vaguely average height and was the highest scorer for our basketball team. Then it all went downhill lol. What are you hanging off? A pullup bar? It probs wont work for me, but i need to improve my posture anyway, its ****ed lol

Honestly tall is always not that good. I am 6 foot but the problems I faced on public transport especialy in India were terrible especially with the seating. Even in some airlines I have trouble on long flights. So being tall is not all hunky dory.. The human growth hormone is the main factor for growth and it determines ur height. Stretching and dietary supplements do help to some extent especially when u r younger. I had a friend who was of avg height till 12 yrs of age. but after that he started playing basketball and I assume it must have played a role in him being taller than me now. shehezaada at ur age am not sure if these things will help but u r not short by any standards, u r of avg height for asians.. Appropriate clothing can help u if u wanna look a bit taller externally.Wearing dark, solid colors or pinstripes (vertical lines make u look taller while horizontal lines make u look broad) makes your legs and arms seem taller, while adding big shoes such as boots or clogs helps your feet look bigger, subsequently making you taller. Your posture is also important-not only will it make you look taller, but it is better for your back, neck, and feet as well.

I've been refraining to comment on this thread since it was started' date=' but really this is unadulterated garbage - increasing your height by hanging on bars!!:hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] hanging on bars = improves back posture, which *could* result in an increased height because of it. that's about it, besides probably strengthening your lats....
I was 5'6 in 8th grade went up to 6'3 in 12th
:omg:

I can promise you, there's a MASSIVE difference between 'touching the rim' and dunking. You dont even need to play basketball or have any serious levels of fitness to leap high enough to touch the rim. But dunking is a totally different issue altogether. I have played basketball with several 6'2 and 6'3 guys and none of them have even come close to dunking. Derek Fisher of the Lakers is 6'2 and I dont think I have ever seen him even attempt a dunk. Dunking is not just bout reaching the rim or getting over it, its also bout having the finger-span to hold the ball in your hands for long enough to dunk it in. In the NBA, I have seen quite a number of 6' footers and sub 6' footers dunk the ball, but these guys are professional athletes. The black guys are built to be serious athletes, which is why i am amazed to see an Asian who is sub 5'10 claim he is VERY close to dunking. Another thing is, if you're sub 6 foot, its really really hard to leap high enough to dunk with both hands. So you have to dunk to with a single hand and our fingers are not long enough to hold a basketball in a single hand, most times.
oh yeah, no question about it... i cant palm the ball, but when i try to hold something in my hand of slightly smaller size, like a volleyball or something, my balance and leap are way off, and i find myself fishing at the net... i am not claiming that i am close to dunking, i am simply pointing out that a vertical leap can be improved with training and not just height.

die bastard... i would give my left nut to be 6'3"
So what? I'm 5'8" and I don't care. There are more pressing matters in life. Saying that though, my dad is 5'11" and my brothers are 6' and 6'2" so I don't know what happened to me. My mother was 5'6" which is above average height for a women too.

I need to grow too, im just a bit younger than OP too. At school i was vaguely average height and was the highest scorer for our basketball team. Then it all went downhill lol. What are you hanging off? A pullup bar? It probs wont work for me, but i need to improve my posture anyway, its ****ed lol
hey jay..if your younger then give it a try. I try to hang from a pull up bar for 5 minutes a day atleast for 6 days a week....each week for a minimum total of 30 minutes. Then I also stretch everyday, especially back exercises. Baba Ramdev has some interesting stuff on youtube as well. Anything is possible and I'm sure if you believe in yourself you can accomplish it.

Honestly tall is always not that good. I am 6 foot but the problems I faced on public transport especialy in India were terrible especially with the seating. Even in some airlines I have trouble on long flights. So being tall is not all hunky dory.. The human growth hormone is the main factor for growth and it determines ur height. Stretching and dietary supplements do help to some extent especially when u r younger. I had a friend who was of avg height till 12 yrs of age. but after that he started playing basketball and I assume it must have played a role in him being taller than me now. shehezaada at ur age am not sure if these things will help but u r not short by any standards, u r of avg height for asians.. Appropriate clothing can help u if u wanna look a bit taller externally.Wearing dark, solid colors or pinstripes (vertical lines make u look taller while horizontal lines make u look broad) makes your legs and arms seem taller, while adding big shoes such as boots or clogs helps your feet look bigger, subsequently making you taller. Your posture is also important-not only will it make you look taller, but it is better for your back, neck, and feet as well.
thanks for your advice bro...i'm not sure what's going on but I do know that it's working so i stick to it. The clothing part I'll turn too after I stop growing..hopefully that's after I turn 25!

oh yeah, no question about it... i cant palm the ball, but when i try to hold something in my hand of slightly smaller size, like a volleyball or something, my balance and leap are way off, and i find myself fishing at the net... i am not claiming that i am close to dunking, i am simply pointing out that a vertical leap can be improved with training and not just height.
can you point out some exercises to improve vertical leap? do you do it with machines? or just squats everyday?

just checked the other day with the doctor....he says that growth spurts are ENTIRELY possible at this age. Although per month, it seems to be slowing down to about 1/16th an inch each month..... in good news I just dunked a basketball at 9 3! I'd like to thank Dhondy in particular for providing me with with the rage to go out and do this. Wouldn't be the same without you souljah