Growing Taller

Shehezaada

Hey guys, So since this passed summer I've been trying to grow taller. When I was younger, in Grade 5 or 6, I used to be the tallest kid in the class. But I experienced a growth slump for some reason...I have no idea why. Between the age of 15 -19 I only grew 2 inches, from 5'5 to 5'7. Oddly, this was the period when I was the most fit, decent quickness (100 meter dash in 13 seconds), pretty strong so I expected to grow a lot more but this didn't happen. In Grade 5 I was quite fat, and watching Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls got me so psyched I played basketball all day and lost quite a bit of fat. In the summer some youtube videos of Jordan again got me psyched and this time the target is to grow taller. So I've been doing what he did, hang on a metal bar (averaging about 10 minutes a week but websites say 30 minutes a week is a must), lots of stretching, also some yoga. From 5'7 I've gained 2 inches and now I stand 5'9. My question to fitness freaks and the Doctors and everyone is. Many studies/websites say that you don't grow after puberty. They also say that this stuff is purely genetic. My Dad is 5'10, his brothers are 5'11, and 5'10. So am I growing because of genetics, or because of this recent effort, or both? Also are there more exercises you would recommend for me? Currently I'm hanging on the metal bar, stretches, yoga, and once exams are over, plenty of basketball and swimming. My dream is to get another 3 inches and get to 6 feet, but I would be happy getting another inch or 2. Thanks!

Hey guys, So since this passed summer I've been trying to grow taller. When I was younger, in Grade 5 or 6, I used to be the tallest kid in the class. But I experienced a growth slump for some reason...I have no idea why. Between the age of 15 -19 I only grew 2 inches, from 5'5 to 5'7. Oddly, this was the period when I was the most fit, decent quickness (100 meter dash in 13 seconds), pretty strong so I expected to grow a lot more but this didn't happen. In Grade 5 I was quite fat, and watching Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls got me so psyched I played basketball all day and lost quite a bit of fat. In the summer some youtube videos of Jordan again got me psyched and this time the target is to grow taller. So I've been doing what he did, hang on a metal bar (averaging about 10 minutes a week but websites say 30 minutes a week is a must), lots of stretching, also some yoga. From 5'7 I've gained 2 inches and now I stand 5'9. My question to fitness freaks and the Doctors and everyone is. Many studies/websites say that you don't grow after puberty. They also say that this stuff is purely genetic. My Dad is 5'10, his brothers are 5'11, and 5'10. So am I growing because of genetics, or because of this recent effort, or both? Also are there more exercises you would recommend for me? Currently I'm hanging on the metal bar, stretches, yoga, and once exams are over, plenty of basketball and swimming. My dream is to get another 3 inches and get to 6 feet, but I would be happy getting another inch or 2. Thanks!
Hanging from metal bars, stretching and yoga all contribute to expansion of the cartiledge between bones. The most pronounced being the numerous cartiledge disks found in the spinal column between the spinal bones. This effect can be observed every morning after a good nights sleep when you're lying down horizontally so these cartiledge disks expand naturally while you sleep because gravity isn't pulling you straight down and constricting them like say when you're standing up. Anyone can observe this phenomenon first thing when you wake up and measure you're height. You could be anywhere from half to 1 inch taller. However, any such effects are temporary and will cease once you stop stretching, and hanging from metal bars since the cartiledge won't be stretched. If you're serious about playing basketball then I would recommend against hanging from metal bars because the extended cartlidge is actually weaker structurelly and there's a greater chance of your spinal column not being fully supported when you're jumping around a lot. Otherwise you could always go to China where doctors break your shin bones and insert bone grafts to permanently add a couple of inches but the side effects are months of pain while you're ligaments and supporting muscle structure are forced to stretch and adjust.

Hanging from metal bars, stretching and yoga all contribute to expansion of the cartiledge between bones. The most pronounced being the numerous cartiledge disks found in the spinal column between the spinal bones. This effect can be observed every morning after a good nights sleep when you're lying down horizontally so these cartiledge disks expand naturally while you sleep because gravity isn't pulling you straight down and constricting them like say when you're standing up. Anyone can observe this phenomenon first thing when you wake up and measure you're height. You could be anywhere from half to 1 inch taller. However, any such effects are temporary and will cease once you stop stretching, and hanging from metal bars since the cartiledge won't be stretched. If you're serious about playing basketball then I would recommend against hanging from metal bars because the extended cartlidge is actually weaker structurelly and there's a greater chance of your spinal column not being fully supported when you're jumping around a lot. Otherwise you could always go to China where doctors break your shin bones and insert bone grafts to permanently add a couple of inches but the side effects are months of pain while you're ligaments and supporting muscle structure are forced to stretch and adjust.
Thank you for your suggestions Fontaine. So your saying there's basically no way to grow any further? I check my height every single day at various time and there's no doubt been an increase. I wonder what's going on then. I'm going to try the swimming routine and I'll let everyone know how it works out. I'm pretty confident of growing against all odds. We'll have to see the outcome.

Yes' date=' but it involves spending money. Are you willing to make that sacrifice, Mr. Kanjoos ?[/quote'] NO! After all, I am guj-jew :--D