• Bell End
    • Pappuson
    • BoringWood
    • Fred Flintoff
    • Jimmy Swing Anderson
    • Matt "What do you drive?" Pior
    • Drowning Swann
    • Self Harmison

I was just thinking about which England players would you consider putting in among the India XI. For me, the only two players worth consideration are Flintoff for his all round abilities and KP. Dravid would certainly go for KP and Fred would come in for Mishra overseas and probably for Yuvraj or Laxman India. Edit: Poll options limited to 10 so I left out Madhusan Monty, well, because he sucks compared to our spinners.

Purely on current form..i would say Flintoff and Strauss.
Yeah I was thinking about Strauss too but what turned me against him was that he won't play as an opener because we've got two explosive ones and he would only slow down Sehwag or Gambhir. So you really can only play him at number 3 and he would still be too slow and I would rather put KP at number three instead.
Yeah I was thinking about Strauss too but what turned me against him was that he won't play as an opener because we've got two explosive ones and he would only slow down Sehwag or Gambhir. So you really can only play him at number 3 and he would still be too slow and I would rather put KP at number three instead.
But thats not the point of the thread right? Based on current form, Sehwag and Strauss would be opening for the combined team.
But thats not the point of the thread right? Based on current form' date=' Sehwag and Strauss would be opening for the combined team.[/quote'] I think that is the point. Where would you put him? We have got better openers than him. At no 3 either Laxman or KP are better than him. Down the order are Sachin and YS. He might replace YS, but I am not so sure of putting a slow scorer at that position.
But thats not the point of the thread right? Based on current form' date=' Sehwag and Strauss would be opening for the combined team.[/quote'] I dont think Font meant this poll to be on the basis of current form ... i think its in general ... in that case Boringwood might sneak in too ... and KP might miss out !!! In general i think its Freddie alone !!!

It's up to you all to decide what reasons you put them in based in current form or team balance. The point was to really show the form and talent gap between the sides at the moment, especially because I got so sick of hearing about how Harmison and the bowlers were going to tear apart the old Indian batsmen from the English media. We got the same nonsense last year when we toured there and all the pre series talk was about how our fast bowlers wouldn't be able to take 20 English wickets!

I think that is the point. Where would you put him? We have got better openers than him. At no 3 either Laxman or KP are better than him. Down the order are Sachin and YS. He might replace YS' date=' but I am not so sure of putting a slow scorer at that position.[/quote'] No what i meant was compare the members of both teams for their respective positions and choosing the better one for that spot.Here is what i think.. Strauss>Gambhir KP>Dravid (in the country of blind one-eyed man etc etc..) Flintoff>Harbhajan As for the rest Indians come out on top.
No what i meant was compare the members of both teams for their respective positions and choosing the better one for that spot.Here is what i think.. Strauss>Gambhir KP>Dravid (in the country of blind one-eyed man etc etc..) Flintoff>Harbhajan As for the rest Indians come out on top.
This is on the basis of only one game ... Dravid better than KP at the no.3 spot in general, and even Gauti comes out trumps by performing against quality opposition ... freddy should come in place of mishra and not bhaj ... coz bhaj is our frontline spinner !!!

Loving the names...especially "Self Harmison"...:hysterical: Flintoff would definitely get into the Indian side - i think he is a better fast bowler than Ishant Sharma, but only just, and on par with Zaheer. Pietersen would make it as well, he is much better than Dravid. I might even take Bell over Dravid. Before day 5, i would have taken Morningwood over Yuvraj to bat at #6 but my mind has changed since then for obvious reasons.

Loving the names...especially "Self Harmison"...:hysterical: Flintoff would definitely get into the Indian side - i think he is a better fast bowler than Ishant Sharma, but only just, and on par with Zaheer. Pietersen would make it as well, he is much better than Dravid. I might even take Bell over Dravid.
Ohhh come on, u mean over current form rite !!!