Ponting goes for a FIRST BALL DUCK

Cricketics

Nope, I'd actually like to see Smith make runs. On an aside BB, do you realize that if he can make a couple of hundreds he's in with a very good shot of beating Mohammad Yousuf's record of test runs in a calendar year? I'd love to see him do that (just so the record isn't held by a complete FTB who excels in beating up weak bowlers).

Because I back Sehwag to beat that record :winky: And Moyo didnt play BD unlike the grade A pr!ck ... naaah
I highly doubt that Sehwag will beat Moyo's record and India will play their last test match of the calendar year vs England. That is, sehwag has 2 innings to score 344 runs :nervous:

Sehwag has only one test to go. Smith has 2, and played one of the finest innings this year I've witnessed; that big fourth innings hundred that sealed victory v. England in the 3rd test this summer on a challenging up-and-down pitch. I've always been a fan of Smith the batsman (not as much of Smith the person), but that innings really blew me away watching it ball by ball. In about a session he broke England's psyche, and they went from expecting to win the game to giving up and losing it within the session, rather than even coming back the following morning on day 5 to end the fight. Yousuf scored a ridiculous amount of runs that year on pathetically flat pitches; Lahore v. India (where 8 wickets fell in 5 days), Faisalabad, and more roads v. a crap WI attack that weren't that much better than BD. Either way, here's hoping Veeru smashes both men out of the record books soon. (But if he doesn't, I'd rather see Smith there than MoYo)

they made my day! I logged in to cricinfo and it showed 12 for 2. i was quite sure Hayden must have been dismissed, but was so happy to note Hussey was batting. i was thrilled when i found later that ponting was gone first ball, just like he was dismissed last series Vs NZ. i want Australia to win the series, so that SA would be out of 2nd place. i also want Hayden, Ponting to score very few runs and suffer the ignominy of being dropped/replaced from captaincy. G.Smith and Amla to fail big time too. i think with some luck my wishes may:--D become true.

I do not make any pretensions about being unbiased. I like Australia; always have and hold the likes of Warne, McGrath, Taylor, MEW, SRW and Heals in highest regard. Ponting on the other hand is an annoying little Tasmanian midget.
That was a dhondyesque description of pwnting :haha: