Woolmer murdered?

Ok, am not trying to create sensationalism. A Pakistani friend of mine just called me up saying GEO TV reported he was murdered and there might be an official announcement on it in a couple of hours. Dont shoot the messenger if this turns out to be false. Maybe, someone who has access to GEO TV can confirm.

Re: Woolmer murdered?

Who ? Why ? and How ?
According to him thats all the news was that the initial investigation revealed homicide. No other details. Was not even sure if he is pulling my leg so went to PP and there are similar reports there. So looks like there might be some truth to it.

Re: Woolmer murdered? I am saddened but not surprised(if this is true of course). Like I had mentioned in other thread, I had started to wonder about the foul play once Inzzy announced his retirement. It was a classic case of bad timing and considering the close equation Inzzy and Woolmer enjoyed it just did not seem right. If this was a hit(and its a big if at this time) I bet that was the reason Inzzy stepped down lest he be next. Please take all my theories with a pinch of salt though.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Woolmer murdered? from the word go I smelled fish.. :mad: .. he was tough cooky and this pressure was nothing in comparison to sa's exit in 99 so always had doubt about pressure getting to him

Re: Woolmer murdered? Woolmer may have been murdered Cricinfo staff March 21, 2007 Mystery surrounds the death of Bob Woolmer ? Getty Images Jamaican police are investigating whether Bob Woolmer was murdered after marks were discovered on the Pakistan coach's neck. Woolmer was found unconscious in his hotel room on Sunday and died shortly after in a Jamaica hospital. Woolmer's family said after speaking to doctors they expected his death was caused by a stress-related heart attack. An autopsy completed on Tuesday was inconclusive and further forensic tests were ordered to determine the cause of death. A press conference in Jamaica is currently underway.