Harbhajan is now Officially Unbowlable

Mr. Wicket

I actually want him dropped for a year so people can realise his worth. Trust me after a year of Ojhia and Mishra, people would start to realise bhaji is not that bad after all. They will not suddenly rip through teams on all pitches, at all times They will need favorable conditions to deliver if they actually do, just like all spinners do bar on some occasions murali and warne.

The expectations of bhaji the spinner are unrealistic. Those expectations will not be fufilled by any other indian spinner and frankly any other spinner in the world at the moment. He is the best around at the moment. Lament the lack of magical spinners if you want but me thinks many have been spoiled by the magic of murali and warne and now have unrealistic expectations

The expectations of bhaji the spinner are unrealistic. Those expectations will not be fufilled by any other indian spinner and frankly any other spinner in the world at the moment. He is the best around at the moment. Lament the lack of magical spinners if you want but me thinks many have been spoiled by the magic of murali and warne and now have unrealistic expectations
sadly this is true.i really dont think ojha would have made much of a difference.we need to find an off-spinner who can be a replacement for bhajji in the next year by the latest.
sadly this is true.i really dont think ojha would have made much of a difference.we need to find an off-spinner who can be a replacement for bhajji in the next year by the latest.
Forget India that problem is worldwide. There is no spinner in the world who would keep many indians fans happy at the moment(murali is basically retired). I mean after a year of Harris, Swann, Kaneria,Krejza or Mendis in the indian team, I am sure they would start to get slaughtered. Thus why slam Bhaji if no other spinner in the whole planet fits the bill for what india needs to satisfy its fans?

Harbhajan bowled crap yesterday, but there is a lot of time to go in the series and frankly if India are to do well it will have to be on the back of Harbhajan. Best thing is to hope for a couple of early wickets tomorrow which will give him the chance to bowl against the likes of Duminy and Boucher, who are genuinely poor against spin. That might help him get back into rhythm. Kallis and Amla are their best players of spin and though Harbhajan did get rattled yesterday there is every chance he can strike back, even in this innings. You can't expect miracles from Mishra either - bowlers do take time to develop at the international stage and frankly he bowled very well yesterday. On another day could easily have had 2-3 wickets to show for.

Finally a sane voice from Dom. If a spinner is not turning it round corners from 1st ball like the freak murali he gets slammed now. I tell you Kumble in his pomp would have done jack today, is he also unbowlable? I am sure Bhaji would have dreamed of bowling on pitches Kumble had in 90s. O wait he did in 2001 series against aussies and look what he did:cantstop:

You can't expect miracles from Mishra either - bowlers do take time to develop at the international stage and frankly he bowled very well yesterday. On another day could easily have had 2-3 wickets to show for.
Mishra has been aroud indian team for 1 and a half years now. He also bowled loads of overs today, loads more then Bhaji yet did not pick up a wicket. So weak to slaughter Bhaji and give a mishra a get out of jail free card! Mishras struggles also show how difficult it was today for a spinner on this day 1 pitch and against 2 players bang on song
Forget India that problem is worldwide. There is no spinner in the world who would keep many indians fans happy at the moment(murali is basically retired). I mean after a year of Harris' date=' Swann, Kaneria,Krejza or Mendis in the indian team, I am sure they would start to get slaughtered. Thus why slam Bhaji if no other spinner in the whole planet fits the bill for what india needs to satisfy its fans?[/quote'] the first part is true but you cannot deny that bhajji's line(more leg sidish) even his lack of willingness to give it more air has impacted his bowling a lot.
the first part is true but you cannot deny that bhajji's line(more leg sidish) even his lack of willingness to give it more air has impacted his bowling a lot.
I agree he bolwed awful today. But Kallis was superb and just owned him today. Difficult when an all time great is in imperious form. Bhaji had no answers to Kallis and it mentally threw bhaji today as he knew kallis owned him. However, he also owned Mishra. Also they are not the only spinners to be owned by a top batter in imperious form. Warne got owned by whole indian batting line up for his whole career for example

No KT, no one "owned" Mishra. Mishra got hit a couple of times due to short deliveries. For the most part, they looked to get their pad out of the way, and defend against him. They attacked Harbhajan, and he didn't do anything to stop getting attacked. Darting the ball in down the legside is not the way to stop runs or get wickets.

No KT' date=' no one "owned" Mishra. Mishra got hit a couple of times due to short deliveries. For the most part, they looked to get their pad out of the way, and defend against him. They attacked Harbhajan, and he didn't do anything to stop getting attacked. Darting the ball in down the legside is not the way to stop runs or get wickets.[/quote'] They were not short they were rank long hops. Yeah Mishra beat the bat about 5 times, well done Mishra:two_thumbs_up: But he also bowled around 5 overs more then Bhaji and got ZERO wickets, But hey lets praise Mishra and slam Bhaji!
They were not short they were rank long hops. Yeah Mishra beat the bat about 5 times' date=' well done Mishra:two_thumbs_up: But he also bowled around 5 overs more then Bhaji and got ZERO wickets, But hey lets praise Mishra and slam Bhaji![/quote'] Its quite clear you didn't watch the match. But um 5 times > 0 times. And 27 overs with an economy rate less than that of Harbhajan who bowled 21 overs with no maidens is much better. Also he bowled more, as MTC said, because he wasn't getting hit as much as Bhajji was.
Mishra has been aroud indian team for 1 and a half years now. He also bowled loads of overs today, loads more then Bhaji yet did not pick up a wicket. So weak to slaughter Bhaji and give a mishra a get out of jail free card! Mishras struggles also show how difficult it was today for a spinner on this day 1 pitch and against 2 players bang on song
How many tests has he played? 7!! Why did he bowl loads more overs? Because he was not getting thrashed with the alarming regularity Harbhajan was. Anyhow, if you think Mishra did not bowl better than Harbhajan yesterday, then you are just a jingoistic Sikh anti-Hindu and I have nothing more to add here.

The thing though with Bhajji is the longer he goes wicketless the more he becomes frustrated and more his bowling detriorates. Make no mistake the pitch Nagpur definitely has turn. If Saffies lose a wicket early tomorrow the new batsmen wouldn't find playing the spinners as easy as Kallis & Amla made it look. Duminy & De villiers aren't the greatest players of spin.