"Switch-hit"

Lord

"Switch-hit" Is it the same thing as a reverse sweep? If so, why suddenly change the terminology? Reverse-sweep was perfectly fine. Now, all of a sudden, we are using baseball terminology in cricket? On a related note, I hate the term "batter." I'll take "batsman," thank you very much. Also, "line and length" was fine ... now it is "the right areas." Oh well, I am just an old throwback.

Its not the same as reverse sweep because when KP tries to "switch hit" he actually changes his grip from (how a right hander) holds his bat to (how a left hander) holds hi bat. In other words, he bats like a genuine left hander. So during this switch hit, logically he makes his leg stump appear as off stump and this is where all the LBW and what not problems appear

Guest dada_rocks

it's right hand batsman suddenly hitting conventional sweep with left-hand batsman's grip... so it feels like reverse sweep but it's actually conventional sweep

This ought to be merged with Sachin_Rox's thread titled "Should this be allowed?" but my take on this is that it is perfectly fine because it shows how much the batsman anticipates the bowler to bowl a particular type of delivery. He had actually done this to medium pacers in the past and at that point, the fault lies with the bowler for not being smart enough to change the delivery. The only rule change that I see that ought to apply is, if this happens, 1) The pitching-outside-leg lbw out to be allowed, and 2) If a batsman chooses to switch hit, then his leg stump would become the off stump so something on the original leg stump (or outside it) ought not be called a wide.

Peterson must have got strong wrists... this creative shot of his does put some extra spice in modern style batting.. but i doubt if anybody can do it as great as Peterson
paul nixon can do it.he did it in the 2007 WC against murali.more n more batsman will try it.yusuf pathan said in an interview that he is trying it in the nets