Balajee,Badri & Vidyuth on *Vijay TV-Anu interview

Rajan

True - thats why this program became popular I suppose. Anu asks interesting Qs - not the usual stupid boring interview questions. And, she does lot of research before the program to find out about the people she is talking to.
Good points... It wasnt the run-of-the-mill 'So, who was your inspiration?', 'What are your goals for the future?' etc sorta droning.
one politically incorrect statement that badri makes (and hinted at by L.B.) : "South Indian players in general dont get in the news for the wrong reasons' - he says they are more focussed on the game' date=' and dont involve in any incidents.[/quote'] What the hell is that suppose to mean ? Did he really had to relate players' off-field performances with their regions ? So I am guessing, badri is weak in geography as the last time I checked Sreesanth is from kerala, which sadly is the "southest" part of south india :haha:
What the hell is that suppose to mean ? Did he really had to relate players' off-field performances with their regions ? So I am guessing' date=' badri is weak in geography as the last time I checked Sreesanth is from kerala, which sadly is the "southest" part of south india :haha:[/quote'] That was a poor stmt by Badri come to think of it, i think anu shud have called the dancing donkey SS for a break dance on the show :hysterical: BTW - does SS have any games before NZ tour or is he still partying!

Vidyut Sivaramakrishnan and L.B. say that Hayden looks like a big steel 'bero'(spelling?) - what they mean is a big steel chest - huge build and Badri says Hayden is like Anjaneya (pic posted above). http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=559221&postcount=11 Darn - Haydos is too intimidating :haha: (PS: they did appreciate the aggressive and dynamic personality of Hayden, and he targets bowlers beforehand and goes out to attack them during the play while batting - however in recent series ZK got the better of that)

Vidyut on Dinesh Karthik: KKD is a very talented cricketer and got a great potential - the one drawback he mentions is he is very impatient, everything had to happen immediately, so that is the flaw he sees. On Anil Kumble: one of the most dedicated cricketers. And all were unanimous in saying he is one of the nicest persons to be with off the field.

Here we go.. Just a matter of time before this becomes the usual 'North vs South' show.... :giggle:
No dude. I was just pointing out what Badri shouldn't have said. Do you think it was alright for him to say that ?
No dude. I was just pointing out what Badri shouldn't have said. Do you think it was alright for him to say that ?
Mate, the Hostess posed the question in such a way that he couldnt have said anything else. Besides, this is a Tamil Regional Program, with a largely regional audience. You'd expect the guys to play up a bit. In fact, there was the usual 'Not knowing Hindi is a big problem if you get selected for the U-19, India side etc... They were like 15-18 guys Hindi guys.. We were only 2-3 Tamil guys.. and we didnt know Hindi.. so those guys used to mock us big time'... :D But I promise, it was all meant more in a lighter sense than anything else.
Mate, the Hostess posed the question in such a way that he couldnt have said anything else. Besides, this is a Tamil Regional Program, with a largely regional audience. You'd expect the guys to play up a bit. In fact, there was the usual 'Not knowing Hindi is a big problem if you get selected for the U-19, India side etc... They were like 15-18 guys Hindi guys.. We were only 2-3 Tamil guys.. and we didnt know Hindi.. so those guys used to mock us big time'... :D But I promise, it was all meant more in a lighter sense than anything else.
Off topic: They shouldn't blame the guys who were mocking them, instead blame the Tamil government from snatching away the rights from Tamil Nadu students who should have learned hindi during their schooling days. It's the only language that can bring Indians from different region together.

^ This has been debated at ICF before (we can pull up other old threads). If we need a common language English is much better suited as common language. Anyway - as I said - all pros and cons points on this are already on other threads in ICF. TN does not prevent learning Hindi (may have done many years ago - 1960-70!?? - I dont even know - maybe some folks here may know)- since many decades - there is no restriction, it is not mandatory though people can very much elect it if they want to study that. PS: Did a quick google on this (i dont know the actual history, so just thought i'll do a quick search) Correction - I dont think it was "prevented" ever. Only "Compulsory learning" was not there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Hindi_agitations Official documents were done in Hindi and English nationwide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Hindi_agitations India has since continued a policy of conducting its business in Engish as well as in Hindi Chief Minister Anna: In his opinion, Hindi was a regional language like any other. It had "no special merit"; in fact, it was less developed than other Indian languages and less suited in a time of rapid advances in science and technology. To the argument that more Indians spoke Hindi than other Indian language, Anna sarcastically answered, “ "If we had to accept the principle of numerical superiority while selecting our national bird, the choice would have fallen not on the peacock but on the common crow".[9]
Mate, the Hostess posed the question in such a way that he couldnt have said anything else. Besides, this is a Tamil Regional Program, with a largely regional audience. You'd expect the guys to play up a bit. .
Actually , it seems like Badri and the others agreed that its embedded in the South Indian culture and blood and also the fact that they have the educational background. I "dont" think I heard it incorrectly. But anyways, regionalism is there everywhere in India.
I dont agree with his view point there..i have no idea why he brought out the educational aspect here..he was saying that people from south are really calm and stuff because of their educational background..now comeon u have hot-heads everywhere..anyway that was one thing that i dint agree at all..
Actually , it seems like Badri and the others agreed that its embedded in the South Indian culture and blood and also the fact that they have the educational background. I "dont" think I heard it incorrectly. But anyways, regionalism is there everywhere in India.
Wow Ludh for someone who doesn understand Tamil, u surely have got wat Badri was saying there..wat you have posted was exactly wat Badri was saying..
Wow Ludh for someone who doesn understand Tamil' date=' u surely have got wat Badri was saying there..wat you have posted was exactly wat Badri was saying..[/quote'] Ludh bhai - good job in translating! :thumbs_up: And yes, Badri was wrong in saying that and it was needless. He just forgot someone like Sreesanth. If there is bhajji from up north, there is also sreesanth from down south. All over India, all over the world - you have the calm and focussed types, and you have the loose cannon types. This has nothing to do with region.