Pak vs SL l 3rd ODI l Lahore

Pakistan: Salman Butt, Khurram Manzoor, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Malik (capt), Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal (wk), Sohail Tanvir, Iftikhar Anjum, Umar Gul, Sohail Khan Sri Lanka: Sanath Jayasuriya, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Thilan Kandamby, Chamara Kapugedera, Thilan Thushara, Farveez Maharoof, Nuwan Kulasekara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis
It will be interesting to see how this guy fares against a Test-nation. There are heaps of praises showered for this guy by Waqar, when SK broke Pak domestic record (correct me if I am wrong).
It will be interesting to see how this guy fares against a Test-nation. There are heaps of praises showered for this guy by Waqar' date=' when SK broke Pak domestic record (correct me if I am wrong).[/quote'] Indeed he has done exceptionally well in domestic circuit and bowls 90+ with ease. Hopefully he will get a go in the final, not sure who would he replace, possibly either Tanvir or Akthar. Little info. on his short domestic stint. "Hailing from Malakand agency in the North-West Frontier Province (NWFP), but based in Karachi, Sohail Khan had a debut first-class season in the 2007-08 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy few in Pakistan have equalled. The right-arm fast-medium bowler, playing for Sui Southern Gas Corporation (SSGC), took 65 wickets in his first nine matches, with as many as eight five-wicket hauls. The second of his ten-wicket match hauls was 16 for 189, which shattered Fazal Mahmood's long-standing national record for best haul (15 for 76)."

I think Lanka will win this. Pakistan did well to win the first match, but their bowling is simply not good enough....especially given that their main strike bowler has been bleeding run, unable to complete even his quota of overs and does not have the captain's confidence. Their best shot is to prepare a batting paradise and hope to win the toss.