Asif gets one-year IPL ban

Guest Hiten.

Guest dada_rocks

Aasif is symptomatic of an excuse of a nation.. even otherwise sane individuals like pp veers into that sort of fanciful excuses when convenient.....

because i always like rooting for the underdog, i will cheer for asif. since i have suffered allergies and asthama all my life, i know what it is like to inject steroids into your body not for the purpose of bigger biceps but because you want the problems to end. the steroids inflate your body like a balloon, your face ages years in a matter of days, your friends look at you as if you were a freak of nature and your limbs tremble. if indeed asif has suffered such ignominy all his life, then i feel sorry for him. but if he is deceptively trying to disguise a practice that can only be described as cheating with the veneer of vulnerability then i hope his punishment is severe.

Indians are jealous of Asif, BCCI Conspiracy against Pak 1.Yes, Asif is innocent. he just had eye drops. no one has told him that he shud not take medicines with out getting clearance from the Team Doctors . 2. ok, even if some one from PCB lectured him after his first drug use, he has forgotten.he is not a literate person. 3.asif was in a hurry so he used eye drops with out checking the contents. he shud be pardoned. 4.Asif has nor done anything wrong. BCCI and IPL spiked his sample.he is innocent. BCCI shud compensate him and honour him. 5.asif is important for pakistan cricket. they need him badly.so, he shud be selected even if IPL bans him. screw IPL/bcci. 6.Indians do not have any good seamers and swing bolwers. they are jealous of Asif the magician.so, they are conspiring to blame him and ban him. he is a good person, u can check with his Hakeem. so, IPL jury shud immediately settle his payment and allow him to play for pak again........... (yes, the above is the various opinions expressed by some individuals who have great moral values and virtues .they hope Asif will be let off) i wish he gets banned for at least 3 years.he deserves it for all his lies.

THX, The steroids you are using are most likely corticosteroids or their like which are catabolic steroids those that cause muscle loss instead of gain (you can confirm this...sometimes steroids with anabolics effects are used for asthma, but this the exception by my understanding)...whereas Nandrolone is an Anabolic steroid, causing muscle gain http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-catabolic-steroids.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandrolone

Clinical studies have shown it to be effective in treating anaemia, osteoporosis and some forms of neoplasia including breast cancer, and also acts as a progestin-based contraceptive.
I don't think Asif suffers from any of these conditions or at least it has not been made public that he does have a condition that requires Nandrolone anabolic steroid treatment.
Mohammad Asif, a Pakistani cricketer, has twice tested positive for Nandrolone. He first tested positive in a dope test, that PCB conducted on its own behalf just before the Champions Trophy in 2006 and was sent back home from India and for the second time has been confirmed tested positive for a banned substance during Indian Premier League (IPL), on July 14, 2008.
However, if the doctor has found that the eye-drops do contain the steroid, then it is within the realms of possibility that that is how his levels were elevated. I suppose only a medical panel can determine if the levels detected could be caused by eye-drops.
1.Yes, Asif is innocent. he just had eye drops. no one has told him that he shud not take medicines with out getting clearance from the Team Doctors . 2. ok, even if some one from PCB lectured him after his first drug use, he has forgotten.he is not a literate person. 3.asif was in a hurry so he used eye drops with out checking the contents. he shud be pardoned. 4.Asif has nor done anything wrong. BCCI and IPL spiked his sample.he is innocent. BCCI shud compensate him and honour him. 5.asif is important for pakistan cricket. they need him badly.so, he shud be selected even if IPL bans him. screw IPL/bcci. 6.Indians do not have any good seamers and swing bolwers. they are jealous of Asif the magician.so, they are conspiring to blame him and ban him. he is a good person, u can check with his Hakeem. so, IPL jury shud immediately settle his payment and allow him to play for pak again........... (yes, the above is the various opinions expressed by some individuals who have great moral values and virtues .they hope Asif will be let off) i wish he gets banned for at least 3 years.he deserves it for all his lies.
This is absolute utter crap. This evidence is so damning and these nitwits are getting their excuses in order before the verdict is even delivered. What kind of nut pot medical expert did he hire anyway? If the IPL jury buys this nonsense, than everyone on that board should be shot Drug cheats in any professional sport are frowned upon for bring disgrace / shame / humiliation to their country, with the doping agencies going even as far as revoking their medals. Who the f does Asif think he is? God's gift to Pakistani cricket? Why is he getting so many chances?
THX, The steroids you are using are most likely corticosteroids or their like which are catabolic steroids those that cause muscle loss instead of gain (you can confirm this...sometimes steroids with anabolics effects are used for asthma, but this the exception by my understanding)...whereas Nandrolone is an Anabolic steroid, causing muscle gain http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-catabolic-steroids.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandrolone I don't think Asif suffers from any of these conditions or at least it has not been made public that he does have a condition that requires Nandrolone anabolic steroid treatment. However, if the doctor has found that the eye-drops do contain the steroid, then it is within the realms of possibility that that is how his levels were elevated. I suppose only a medical panel can determine if the levels detected could be caused by eye-drops.
well then, we might actually witness him receive justice. i guess it is settled... the eye drops business is all lies...

The panel dealing with the case is no fool. Any athlete can produce these excuses after getting caught. No one is going to say "Yes, I was cheating.". They will produce excuses. Asif has already produced half a dozen and that itself shows that he is fibbing. BTW is that what took so long for him and his lawyer to produce? They have been asking for extensions to produce this?

Even if it was the eye drops: Why did this excuse suddenly come up *now* and not earlier? If it was legit, Asif/doctors/etc would have explained it this way the moment the issue of Asif being a filthy drug-taking cheating scumbag came up. Instead they've gone through various other excuses and denials, then suddenly reached at this excuse. Sounds like clutching at straws, and a dose of complete BS.

For pakistan it is always every one else's fault .How they are such innocent victims of the whole world cruelty. Be it terrorism or be it in cricket . Akhtar and Asif taking nandrolene.It is all ICCs fault. Now it is IPLs fault . Will they ever commit any thing wrong .

Its is quite a co-incidence that his eye drops made him test positive for the same substance which he tested positive for 2 years before (no eye-drops were mentioned then). Alos, another member of his team had tested positive for the same substance. Also, can ny eye-drops cause Nandrolene levels to shoot so higher than normal?

And overall stats b/w Pakistan and India is what I like. :two_thumbs_up:
(Not sure about stats thought..i am lazy to go on cricinfo statguru so all are my estimation..) Test pak won 12 india won 10 --------- Pak was playing with 13 player including 2 empier One day.... India has win percentage around 42 and pak has 65 or something. It goes 1 plus point for pak. But in world cup, you sucks ... 7 - 0 ...... ODI's most imp WC matches you lost. india 1 plus T20 - india alrady had 1 plus point .. All over..take a chill pill:finger: about history.