Why has Gambhir been so much more fluent playing straight down the ground in the last year?

Mr. Wicket

bubba skywalker, selectors must be (they dont always) basing the selection on performance. it does not matter who the goddarn (or 'god'darn) player is - be it Dravid or Tendu, Yuvi or Rohit, or Munaf or Praveen. Ofcourse the rope length should be there and it will vary somewhat (but reasonable) according to context - so adequate time is given for the player to find their form back. But once a player has been given the chances, and they have gone out of form for long, then they need to go back to domestics, hit form and come back. IMO - Dravid's rope ran out during Aus series, and I wrote during Aus series (not after Aus, not after Eng, but during Aus) - that he should be dropped, advised to go to domestics, work himself to form and come back. In Intl matches, its hard to keep a player for long if they dont contribute? since all 11 are vital. Out of form is fine - rope sud be there, but after a while, they need to go find the form and can be selected. But if u want to paint me as worshipperz of wall, go ahead, i know u worshipz who, and i know that i want perf based selection for all goddarn folks. so, you can have the last word to paint whatever pic u want. i am done explaining this to you (i already did once, after you came back to the forum and asked similar question, but for u anyone who jumped on Ganguly *gasp* is someone you will bait consistently). PS: And what reason can there be to not want a performing player in the team? None (exceptional case was non-cricketing reason for one player - but even there due to him scoring runs towards the end I wanted him for teamsake to get good total- , but other than that if someone is reasonably consistent and delivering the runs or wickets, then welcome him heartily).

The List of GOD's masterstrokes off the field is also growing.... Promoting Irfan Pathan to #3 which brought the batsman in irfan out... Suggesting Dhoni for Captaincy ( A Masterstroke in itself) Advices to Gauti.(Look at Gauti in the past year) Advices to Yuvi on Handling Mendis Guys Please add on to this never ending list of masterstrokes of GOD off the field.
Making Fine lady named Fineleg completely insane.
Finey two simple questions that are at the crux of this "Finey vs People " case ... 1. Are you as scathing and venomous in your diatribe against RD as you obviously are against Boss ? If yes when was that and if not why not. 2. Do you agree that RD has been guilty of same degree - if not more - of cricketing "crimes" as Boss ? Will appreciate honest responses.
RD has been LEGENDZ for 7-8 years out of 12 he has played. SRT has been LEGENDZ for 16-17 years out of 19 he has played.
Finey two simple questions that are at the crux of this "Finey vs People " case ... 1. Are you as scathing and venomous in your diatribe against RD as you obviously are against Boss ? If yes when was that and if not why not. 2. Do you agree that RD has been guilty of same degree - if not more - of cricketing "crimes" as Boss ? Will appreciate honest responses.
Its not like I haven't mentioned these before, but it gets "lost" in all the noise that some esp. with small nay tiny sized brain generates (and no Anakin, not even close to talking about you like this - I dont mind difference of opinion, and can tolerate it as long as folks dont get personal. And very few have such tiny size brains as to get personal, you dont usually do that - but clearly such brains exist - and will jump in here too on cue). Boss Bhai - I'll write it again for you: 1. No, not as scathing. Reason as I have said before: I find many here easily overpraise and gush about 'Boss', but there are times (it may be 4th Inn, it maybe in some chases, sometimes he is well settled but does not carry us through to victory and hence the disappointment (a lot of which in CB series, Chennai Test he has overcome and comprehensively taken us to victory, no doubt)...whatever there are instances for sure), when he has also disappointed us fans. However, ppl are very cool about it. So, you have a situation where I feel he let us down badly and ppl are like "He'll score 100 next game, doesnt matter", and then next game he gets out cheaply, and "He'll score 200 next game", you get the drift. Am I right in being "different level" of scathing on Boss vs Wall - No, and I realize that more now after the CB series and Chennai Test esp and also given Wall's long dip which frankly has surprised me quite a bit - didnt expect such a slump from Dravid. So, I have stopped negative comments on SRT - in hindsight, I was wrong abt the level of disappointment with SRT I had earlier, and I dont think you'll find much negative comments abt SRT from me in last several months...(except I criticized the term 'God' and that was not a criticism of SRT, but of the people who raise him to the level of divinity. - even there I said I wont criticize that hereafter, and have stuck to that). 2. From 2003-2007, RD was so supreme and that image was in my mind, so if you asked this qn#2 about 8 months back, I'd have said surely No. But, now I have to say yes. Atleast as many guffaws as SRT. More? Maybe, you are better in digging up all the stats to verify that. Both are human, and both have thrilled us at times, and disappointed us as well. Overall, two of the best batsmen in Tests and SRT in ODIs as well for India. Boss Bhai, let me know if I answered you. I dont intend answering "on cue" folk(z) who'll surely jump in now with namecalling.
@salil' date=' its not my fault that sehwag, gambhir, dhawa & ishant r from delhi and its not my fault that delhi players r so good[/quote'] Right, as of now we'll ignore anything you say that even mentions bias. For all your whining and moaning about the pro-South Indian/Mumbai/etc bias from others, you're the most close minded, tunnel vision impaired poster on here.