Holding Willey Report: Top 20 Indian cricketers: A surprise for RD and Viru's fans

bunny

^^ In the 1st match of that series, SRT played a sublime innings of 40+ on a seaming pitch which Rahul Dravid rates as one of the best ever ODI innings by Sachin ( read on cricinfo magazine sometime back). There too he was a victim of bad umpiring decision as the ball brushed his pads on the way to WK still given out caught behind. Most of his runs were scored off boundaries and some of the shots were off the highest quality against a pace attack comprising of Ambrose,Walsh n Bishop!!
Yup. I remember that game. It was rain affected. Without looking it up and from memory, I think he scored 44 from 43 balls with 10 4s. Some of the shots were simply outrageous.
Yup. I remember that game. It was rain affected. Without looking it up and from memory' date=' I think he scored 44 from 43 balls with 10 4s. Some of the shots were simply outrageous.[/quote'] yes, i remember that match. watched it live and was bewildered when that fat umpire-not sure whether his name was peter parker, adjudged SRT out when the ball brushed his shoulder! SRT was treating Ian Bishop as a net bowler, repeatedly coming down the wicket and hitting something like 4 fours in an over. same series, i think the same umpire did not notice the no ball off a bowler when SRT was going ballistic in the first innings in Barbados, i think, something like a run a ball 90.clear no ball, incompetent umpires.come to think of it, the series was played when i was just married and my relatives could not understand why i was so terribly upset so often!
yes' date=' i remember that match. watched it live and was bewildered when that fat umpire-not sure whether his name was peter parker, adjudged SRT out when the ball brushed his shoulder! SRT was treating Ian Bishop as a net bowler, repeatedly coming down the wicket and hitting something like 4 fours in an over. same series, i think the same umpire did not notice the no ball off a bowler when SRT was going ballistic in the first innings in Barbados, i think, something like a run a ball 90.clear no ball, incompetent umpires.come to think of it, the series was played when i was just married and my relatives could not understand why i was so terribly upset so often!
Ed Nicholas. He was a cop !
Yup. I remember that game. It was rain affected. Without looking it up and from memory' date=' I think he scored 44 from 43 balls with 10 4s. Some of the shots were simply outrageous.[/quote'] I remember this match. Mongia got injured and Dravid kept wicket in that game too, if i am not mistaken. This whole series was the highlight of Franklin Rose's life