Proper Batsmen. Proper Bowlers.

h4te

Shush, h4te. Watch some of Yusuf's batting in domestics. The man is better than you give him credit for; I've seen him build an innings in first class cricket with some graft at first and then explode into big hits at the end. He's an outrageously talented batsman and his spin's pretty handy in ODIs, I think he's being used quite well right now. As for Dhoni, he's smart enough to realize that in Sehwag, Raina and Yuvraj, he has a bunch of natural strokeplayers who can move the scoreboard along very fast, and he can be of more use to the team in a supporting role for them. It's a role he plays very well, so I don't see why he shouldn't play it. Seriously, how many ODIs have we won now with partnerships where Yuvraj and Dhoni have put on 100+ and sealed a chase or powered the last 10-15 overs of an innings, with Dhoni mostly rotating strike and hitting some fours (playing as he did yesterday) and acting as the support act for Yuvraj to belt the bowling?

We do need people who can bat through for a long part of the innings and keep the scoreboard ticking. The swashbucklers can revolve around them. I thought SRT was the best for this role and still is for the remaining ODIs, Dhoni did a good job in the first ODI. Gambhir may be back at #3, so if Dhoni comes down the order around 37-40th over, then ofcourse we need to see his explosive side hopefully. At #3 - what Dhoni did was very good. We need someone to bat through the inn like that.

Shush, h4te. Watch some of Yusuf's batting in domestics. The man is better than you give him credit for; I've seen him build an innings in first class cricket with some graft at first and then explode into big hits at the end. He's an outrageously talented batsman and his spin's pretty handy in ODIs, I think he's being used quite well right now.
That's some good news, I thought he's a glorified and a slightly better version of Afridi, well I mostly watched him in T20s.