Watch out Kiwis Tendulkar is primed!

Well you took my statement out of context and have been sprouting it non stop aren't you? I still say he's 10% of what he was in the 90s despite all the runs. I did mention he still is the best and was the best. You don't mention that because that just doesn't sound too dramatic :winky: A 100 from Tendulkar in the 90s was even better than the knock of recent time in terms of quality. Truth to be told he hasn't really stopped scoring ever but for the time when he had the tennis elbow. He scored more runs today than he did in Sydney or Perth in 1992 but that doesn't mean the quality of today's knock is better than those. For the rest of the players a knock like this is of top draw but for Tendulkar it is not. The ball he got out to today would have raced for four over point in the 90s. Bowler like O'Brien wouldn't have had a chance to keep him tied down let alone get him out in the 90s. The ball would have flown everywhere from the middle of the bat. I think you need to watch the 1998 knock of his in Wellington on a seaming pitch and you will know what I mean.
What's the point in have a discussion with someone who's incapable of appreciating an opposing opinion? I know what you're saying and even though I don't really have a great eye for seeing batting, even I can tell that he's no where near the guy he was in his prime. That's not a criticism of the guy, even single batsmen gets older, the reflexes and power diminish. I think it's actually a testament to how great the man's technique is that he can still plunder huge amounts of runs when only a handful of batsmen can do that at his age. Someone like Yuvraj or Dhoni for example will really go downhill as they get older because they rely so much on power and bat speed rather than technique which is ageless.
What's the point in have a discussion with someone who's incapable of appreciating an opposing opinion? .
Another of my fan club has arrived. From the guy who when losing a debate turns straight to abuse. Anyone who watched his knock in the odi and in this test cannot possibly say he is 10% of his former self. Maybe 10% less then his old self but 90% less:(( His knock this test was magic. Instead of praising some people want to pick holes including Mr Fontaine.
I know what you're saying and even though I don't really have a great eye for seeing batting, even I can tell that he's no where near the guy he was in his prime. That's not a criticism of the guy, even single batsmen gets older, the reflexes and power diminish. I think it's actually a testament to how great the man's technique is that he can still plunder huge amounts of runs when only a handful of batsmen can do that at his age. Someone like Yuvraj or Dhoni for example will really go downhill as they get older because they rely so much on power and bat speed rather than technique which is ageless.
How old are you? Did you see him in his prime?
Anyone who watched his knock in the odi and in this test cannot possibly say he is 10% of his former self. Maybe 10% less then his old self but 90% less:(( His knock this test was magic. Instead of praising some people want to pick holes including Mr Fontaine.
What I actually said:
I can tell that he's no where near the guy he was in his prime. That's not a criticism of the guy, even single batsmen gets older, the reflexes and power diminish. I think it's actually a testament to how great the man's technique is that he can still plunder huge amounts of runs when only a handful of batsmen can do that at his age. Someone like Yuvraj or Dhoni for example will really go downhill as they get older because they rely so much on power and bat speed rather than technique which is ageless.
"10% of his former self" and "pick holes" ? ? ? Maybe you should work harder on your reading skills.
Read the whole thread. Maybe you should work harder on your reading skills.
Not really. You said I was picking holes in his game? Exactly where did I do that. I even posted what I said again so you could s-l-o-w-l-y read it again. Go on give it a try now if it's not too challenging and tell me where I'm picking holes in his game. Take your time.
Not really. You said I was picking holes in his game? Exactly where did I do that. I even posted what I said again so you could s-l-o-w-l-y read it again. Go on give it a try now if it's not too challenging and tell me where I'm picking holes in his game. Take your time.
reflexes slowed , not like he was in prime. All criticisms
reflexes slowed ' date=' not like he was in prime. All criticisms[/quote'] Sachin was one of the best pullers in the team. If you noticed, he doesn't pull fast bowlers anymore - ODI knocks notwithstanding. Last year, he got hurt trying to pull Brett Lee, and then got out the next ball trying to pull him again. There are such things we have to accept. You think someone wants to say that Sachin has slower reflexes? No. It is a fact. Because he is a genium (ahem God), he is able to compensate for that by other means. The backfoot punches and the straight drives down the ground are as awesome as ever though.

With age obviously reflexes become slow But Sachin has stopped playing stops he feels could get himself out Like in OZ he took away the cover drive just because he didn't want to play it, now that shot is back, now he doesn't want to play the pull shot, maybe that'll come back :D

Sachin was one of the best pullers in the team. If you noticed' date=' he doesn't pull fast bowlers anymore - ODI knocks notwithstanding. Last year, he got hurt trying to pull Brett Lee, and then got out the next ball trying to pull him again. There are such things we have to accept. You think someone [i']wants to say that Sachin has slower reflexes? No. It is a fact. Because he is a genium (ahem God), he is able to compensate for that by other means. The backfoot punches and the straight drives down the ground are as awesome as ever though.
I think he was conscious of pulling since his pull off Vettori didn't go so well. Also there was always a man back at deep square. He still has the pull shot, watch Game 2 of the Future Cup vs South Africa in Ireland. Pulled Ntini to shreds.
With age obviously reflexes become slow But Sachin has stopped playing stops he feels could get himself out Like in OZ he took away the cover drive just because he didn't want to play it, now that shot is back, now he doesn't want to play the pull shot, maybe that'll come back :D
Excellent post. He can play the pull, just tactical decision not to play. Apart from this playing every shot in the book!
Watching the higlights and The Master is moving in to ominous form. So glad we are having the odis before the tests. Sachin will be in tip top form by the time the tests arrive. He looked class today moving through the gears in to scorching form. WATCH OUT KIWIS THE MASTER IS GOING TO INFLICT SERIOUS PAIN IN THE TEST SERIES!!
KT proved right again:nice:
I think he was conscious of pulling since his pull off Vettori didn't go so well. Also there was always a man back at deep square. He still has the pull shot, watch Game 2 of the Future Cup vs South Africa in Ireland. Pulled Ntini to shreds.
I've watched it. A month later, Anderson bombared him with short balls, and he either let it go or let him hit him. I think there was an article mentioning how he has every single shot in the reportoire except for the pull shot because he is afraid of giving his wicket out by top edging it or the ball comes on to a little too fast. If one watches the game before the final at Sharjah in 1998, twice in the first full over he faced, he danced down the track and pulled Kasprowicz for a six over midwicket. It was demoralizing for them, which leads me to believe that he doesn't have that much time anymore - naturally.
I've watched it. A month later, Anderson bombared him with short balls, and he either let it go or let him hit him. I think there was an article mentioning how he has every single shot in the reportoire except for the pull shot because he is afraid of giving his wicket out by top edging it or the ball comes on to a little too fast. If one watches the game before the final at Sharjah in 1998, twice in the first full over he faced, he danced down the track and pulled Kasprowicz for a six over midwicket. It was demoralizing for them, which leads me to believe that he doesn't have that much time anymore - naturally.
Anderson bombed him in tests. Sachin has righltly axed the pull from tests. Sharjah was odi, so differnet rules so the pull came out. Against Ntini in ireland it was odi so unfurled the pull. To sum up will pull in odis and not in tests. Nothing about reflexes but tactical. And 86 international tons proves his tactics are spot on. Genius with a cricket brain bar none
Anderson bombed him in tests. Sachin has righltly axed the pull from tests. Sharjah was odi, so differnet rules so the pull came out. Against Ntini in ireland it was odi so unfurled the pull. To sum up will pull in odis and not in tests. Nothing about reflexes but tactical. And 86 international tons proves his tactics are spot on. Genius with a cricket brain bar none
He's pulled McGrath for six in Test Matches before. But I'm done arguing. This is pointless.

Even I agree with Ravi that SRT isn't that quick on the ball anymore. Earlier, he would see the ball quickly and be committed to play it. Now a days he thinks a tiny bit more which makes him very steady batsman. So those of you who have seen SRT closely batting in the Nets would exactly know when Ravi said 10%. Well I wont say 10% but somewhere around 40-50%. But still that is significant drop. But in that process, there are very few Hit-n-Miss as well. So he has now his pluses and minuses. His ability to think steadily and check his shots and play selective shots yielding lot of runs. Earlier, he care-free style brought him equally ample runs as well but it looked more aggressive. I am not surprised the way he is playing right now. In fact, I can bet w/ anyone here the form of game he will retire from first, Test/ODI..Dravid, VVS and SRT should go the same year w/ few months apart.