Watch out Kiwis Tendulkar is primed!

Watching the higlights and The Master is moving in to ominous form. So glad we are having the odis before the tests. Sachin will be in tip top form by the time the tests arrive. He looked class today moving through the gears in to scorching form. WATCH OUT KIWIS THE MASTER IS GOING TO INFLICT SERIOUS PAIN IN THE TEST SERIES!!

Please..... let him play a few games without these adultations. No wonder the pressure on the great man is extremely unrealistic. To me Sehwag and Yuvraj look to be the key players in any form of the game. If NZ can get these two cheaply they will have a chance against India. If one of these two get struck its all over for NZ.

Please..... let him play a few games without these adultations. No wonder the pressure on the great man is extremely unrealistic. To me Sehwag and Yuvraj look to be the key players in any form of the game. If NZ can get these two cheaply they will have a chance against India. If one of these two get struck its all over for NZ.
No need to just let him play! He is the master and had expectations and bold predictions etc for years. He then delivers again and again. He is the master and will torment them in the TESTS with big scores. He thrives on ther pressure and will deliver like he always has. Mark my words Sachin is gonna score big in the test series.
No need to just let him play! He is the master and had expectations and bold predictions etc for yreas. He then delivers. He is the master and will torment them in the TESTS with big scores. He thrives on ther pressure and will deliver like he always has
Do you guys always big up people and fictional :winky:? Truth to be told he's not the best player in the team. He only has about 10% of his game intact but just because he's Tendulkar and a genious he can produce runs. That said he is not invincible. I hope he comes good, it would be great to see him score runs but there's a difference between hoping and demanding. On the same note there was a taxi driver with few Indians (skihs) in his car going round the ground today in the morning because some of the Indians were supposed to practice in the indoor vicinity. He went round and round for over an hour just to stalk the players :hysterical: It's one thing to love their game and another to treat them like fictional characters from a legendary epics. Honestly I've seen Tendulkar pose for a lot of phots and he doesn't even spare a smile. Not just him but a lot of Indian players are like that. They really hate this kind of adultation.
Do you guys always big up people and fictional :winky:? Truth to be told he's not the best player in the team. He only has about 10% of his game intact but just because he's Tendulkar and a genious he can produce runs. That said he is not invincible. I hope he comes good' date=' it would be great to see him score runs but there's a difference between hoping and demanding.[/quote'] Only 10% of his game in intact!! What utter TOSH. He is been awesome in last 18 months. No idea what india games you have been watching!!! No one said he is invincible but as a batsman he is as close the world will get to this. Only 10% of his game intact. Deary me!!!!!! Heard it all now! Strange he does not get only 10% of his average then:haha: Tell that to the aussies they are still reeling from the misery he has piled on them over last year p.s not demanding just predicting as have tremendous faith in The Master
Only 10% of his game in intact!! What utter TOSH. He is been awesome in last 18 months. No idea what india games you have been watching!!! No when said he is invincible but as a batsman he is as close the world will get to this. Only 10% of his game intact. Deary me!!!!!! Heard it all now! Strange he does not get only 10% of his average then:haha: Tell that to the aussies they are still reeling from the misery he has piled on them over last year
Believe it or not I've had a chance to watch him for many many years his batting from close quarters. In fact I watched him in the nets just about a week ago. Tendulkar of 90s was 90% more capable than what he is right now. If you cannot grasp this fact, well your bad. His hands those days were so quick and when the ball was hit you couldn't see the ball after it hit his bat. Just be happy even with his 10% ability he can match the best in the world. Whether you take this as a compliment I'm giving him or not depends on your mindset. You decide for yourself. Unfortunately a lot of folks here cannot see beyond runs and average. Even Yousuf Yohanna scored more than a lot of great players in one year or two years but can you rate him as the best?

He took quite a while to settle in, but once that happened, the shots started flowing. You know Sachin is in good touch when he tucks a perfectly decent ball on a good length just outside off-stump, behind square leg for an easy single. He looks fit, refreshed and ready to do.

hey Ravi, could you describe in a little more detail Tendulkar's batting in the nets? The kind of approach he takes, does he like throwdowns first or later, does he face the bowlers at full tilt in the net, does he work on any footwork (asking the bowlers for full deliveries or short deliveries) Sounds very interesting!

Do you guys always big up people and fictional :winky:? Truth to be told he's not the best player in the team. He only has about 10% of his game intact but just because he's Tendulkar and a genious he can produce runs. That said he is not invincible. I hope he comes good, it would be great to see him score runs but there's a difference between hoping and demanding. On the same note there was a taxi driver with few Indians (skihs) in his car going round the ground today in the morning because some of the Indians were supposed to practice in the indoor vicinity. He went round and round for over an hour just to stalk the players :hysterical: It's one thing to love their game and another to treat them like fictional characters from a legendary epics. Honestly I've seen Tendulkar pose for a lot of phots and he doesn't even spare a smile. Not just him but a lot of Indian players are like that. They really hate this kind of adultation.
i cant agree with u .no matter however good u r u cannot survive at intl level and keep performing if u r going at 10% of ur ability.SRT still is close to his earlier game,say about 85-90%.its just that he has changed his approach from being a aggresive dasher to playing a sheet anchor in the team
i cant agree with u .no matter however good u r u cannot survive at intl level and keep performing if u r going at 10% of ur ability.SRT still is close to his earlier game' date='say about 85-90%.its just that he has changed his approach from being a aggresive dasher to playing a sheet anchor in the team[/quote'] If anything, it just tells what SRT really is. 10% of him is better than most at the moment. :hatsoff::hatsoff:
i cant agree with u .no matter however good u r u cannot survive at intl level and keep performing if u r going at 10% of ur ability.SRT still is close to his earlier game' date='say about 85-90%.its just that he has changed his approach from being a aggresive dasher to playing a sheet anchor in the team[/quote'] Sure thing, you don't have to agree with me. As I said he doesn't hit the shots with authority as he used to. It's not the approach, he still hits the ball but the hands aren't as quick as it used to be. As I said even with 10% he's bats as good as the best in the business. For that matter do you think he's playing close to the ability he displayed in 2003 world cup?

i think i have to concur with Ravi here..well he is not what he used to be which is pretty evident from the way he plays these days..i am not sure whether he can produce innings like that 98 against Pak in the 2003 WC again..the flair has diminished quite a bit but as Anakin said even this version of Sachin is better than most of the contemporary batsmen around..Sachin also has understood this and its quite unrealistic to expect him to play like the way he did in the 90s..age will definitely catch up with you and he has worked out the best way to play, both for himself and for the team..one or two occasional destructive innings might be there but he is more of an accumulator now..anyway i have no complaints as long as the man plays it is fine :icflove:

hey Ravi, could you describe in a little more detail Tendulkar's batting in the nets? The kind of approach he takes, does he like throwdowns first or later, does he face the bowlers at full tilt in the net, does he work on any footwork (asking the bowlers for full deliveries or short deliveries) Sounds very interesting!
He worked with throw dows and bowlers in tandem. While Ojha and Robin Singh bowled coach Kirsten threw the ball down from about 16 steps. The shots he plays are unique and bear no resemblence to any other batsmen. After hitting from the middle of the bat he kinds of pulls his bat back to control the placement. Every shot he plays he calls for runs say ek, do, char or something like that in Hindi. He asks the bowlers where their field placement is and milks the runs through the gaps. Through out the session, he played for runs, defence is still not his first option. There is no getting eye in or anything, he just plays every ball for runs. At times he defends when there's no chance to make a shot but that seemed to happen naturally rather than through the mindset. Tedulkar does play a few bad shots in the nets like any other batsman but goes on a whistling spree when he does that. Seems like that is his way of relaxing and erasing the memory of the bad shot he just played. Despite no hole in technique or having played these many years he was still working on getting his front shoulder in line with the ball. He played for about 40 minutes - 1 hour just hitting the ball. The best moment came when one of us asked him if he needed a drink in the nets as he was pouring with sweat. He just mentioned he's got drinks in his kit (coffin) but doesn't want to drink as that was the kind of drain and humidity he would experience in a game while playing in Wellington. This man thinks on his feet.
He worked with throw dows and bowlers in tandem. While Ojha and Robin Singh bowled coach Kirsten threw the ball down from about 16 steps. The shots he plays are unique and bear no resemblence to any other batsmen. After hitting from the middle of the bat he kinds of pulls his bat back to control the placement. Every shot he plays he calls for runs say ek, do, char or something like that in Hindi. He asks the bowlers where their field placement is and milks the runs through the gaps. Through out the session, he played for runs, defence is still not his first option. There is no getting eye in or anything, he just plays every ball for runs. At times he defends when there's no chance to make a shot but that seemed to happen naturally rather than through the mindset. Tedulkar does play a few bad shots in the nets like any other batsman but goes on a whistling spree when he does that. Seems like that is his way of relaxing and erasing the memory of the bad shot he just played. Despite no hole in technique or having played these many years he was still working on getting his front shoulder in line with the ball. He played for about 40 minutes - 1 hour just hitting the ball. The best moment came when one of us asked him if he needed a drink in the nets as he was pouring with sweat. He just mentioned he's got drinks in his kit (coffin) but doesn't want to drink as that was the kind of drain and humidity he would experience in a game while playing in Wellington. This man thinks on his feet.
wow..this guy is in a different level completely..thanks for sharing this wonderful info Ravi :two_thumbs_up:
Wonderful post. Repped. :agree:
Thanks ravi for sharing this upclose experience!