1996 Wills WC India-Pakistan QF @ Bangalore: Press clippings etc.

yeah it started there..also 1.after gettiing pounded by tht jaya baldies for years and years.. (tht 300 in99 was tortourous.) 2.they kicked us out of 96 and 07 WC and latest hype around mendis n how made our famed middle order look mediocre.. i cant stand loosing to this shyte sl team.. one of my fav.moments againt these midgets were when ganguly n dravid beat the crap out of them in 99 wc.. total annihilation it was.. :) and the current series win 4-1 was great though i wanted a 5-0 sweep.... i hope the current team will humiliate this sl team n send the much hyped lundis to obscurity in the coming days...

Yep, to this day as a Pakistan fan, it's the most hurtful defeat I've ever felt. The India team was weak compared to now and the Pakistan team strong. We were defending champs and it indeed thought me to be level-headed about cricket and sport because as an 11 year-old hardcore fan, I predicted an easy Pakistan win!! That defeat was worse than 1999 World Cup final I'd say- in 1999, we had a number of younger players that played well throughout up to the final but in 96 with the experience, there was no excuse.
Hassan you Pakis had a great team -- from 1993 to 2003. ALmost the best in the world (atleast from 1993 - 2000) after which Aus took over. It is an absolute shame that they did not Win Anything at that time or have nothing to show for the talent they possesed. Can u believe that team had 2 of the best fast bowlers in the world -- and the best spinner in Saqlain and also Mushy. How the hell did this team not win anything is beyond me. Anyways -- you can only live in past glory -- for I do not see any hope for you guys -- unless things change dramatically for good there.