West Indies The Final Frontier For Sachin

With him getting a ton in Australia, and a ton in NZ yesterday, Tendulkar needs only a 100 in the West Indies to become the first batsmen to score tons in every "actual" ODI playing nation. He'll have his chance in the coming series in June. He also needs to score a century against Bangladesh when he gets the chance (although he scored one against the Aussies in Bangladesh) Ponting needs to score one against Bangladesh, and in Sri Lanka against Sri Lanka, in Zimbabwe vs Zimbabwe. Ponting also needs to score a century vs Zimbabwe and Pakistan in Pakistan to complete the set in Tests. Tendulkar likely never have the opportunity again. Zimbabwe doesn't look it's gonna play test cricket with the big boys anytime soon.

The last time Sach toured the Windies was when he actually endured a major slump of low-scores in Test cricket. Pedro Collins had him dismissed for successive low scored (when I say low, I mean REALLY low – binary sorta scores) With the tracks in the windies as flat as they have been in the recent past, Sach has ample chances to score plenty of runs there. But before that, the Kiwi challenge still remains.

The last time Sach toured the Windies was when he actually endured a major slump of low-scores in Test cricket. Pedro Collins had him dismissed for successive low scored (when I say low, I mean REALLY low – binary sorta scores) With the tracks in the windies as flat as they have been in the recent past, Sach has ample chances to score plenty of runs there. But before that, the Kiwi challenge still remains.
I don't know why people really make a huge deal about that tour. He made a classy 79 in the first test after India lost two early wickets yet again. Then a match winning 100 in the next one and a duck over a bad decision in the 2nd innings. Then 0, caught behind, and 8, another dicey decision. Then caught for a golden again. Next test 41 and 86. Despite the dicey decisions and patchy form, he averaged a decent 42. Not bad, not great.