Best batsman in the world atm ...

I mentioned Tendulkar to show that one good match doesnt make someone the best batsman in the world at the moment. I wonder why you didnt call Amit Mishra the best bowler in the world after his 8 wicket haul on debut. Or why not call Graeme Swann a better bowler atm than Mitchell Johnson ... I mean ... Swann's last 2 test innings ... 3/13, 3/130 Johnsons last 2 Test innings ... 3/37, 1/78 I never thought anyone would call someone the best batsman in the world after their first good game. There is a difference between being the best batsman in the world at the moment and being the guy who scored the most last match.

I mentioned Tendulkar to show that one good match doesnt make someone the best batsman in the world at the moment. I wonder why you didnt call Amit Mishra the best bowler in the world after his 8 wicket haul on debut. Or why not call Graeme Swann a better bowler atm than Mitchell Johnson ... I mean ... Swann's last 2 test innings ... 3/13, 3/130 Johnsons last 2 Test innings ... 3/37, 1/78 I never thought anyone would call someone the best batsman in the world after their first good game. There is a difference between being the best batsman in the world at the moment and being the guy who scored the most last match.
abhi bolega woh 2 innings se nahin bol raha hai, yeh banda aus ki ranji mein bhi bahut accha khelta hai uske liye yeh ek no. ka banda hai
Thats too complicated for Donny.

Is this ODI's? Tests? T20? Over the last year or so? Probably Smith, seems without his guidance, leadership, and batting(as an opener) SA fall flat on their faces. So not only does he bat well at the top of the order, he provides all those other components his team needs. Not that long ago you may even of said Michael Clarke, he averaged 74 or so over the course of the lost Tests against SA in Australia, sometimes being a 1 man band, he also contributed with the ball. His series in SA he has failed to really fire so far however. So over the course of his last few test innings. in Aus 62 25 88 29 138 41 in SA 68 0 3 23* You can throw a lot of names out there, Gayle(when hes been fit), Sehwag, Smith, CLarke.

So Donny ... do you agree that Swann is the best bowler in the world atm, Collingwood is the best fielder in the world atm, and Haddin is the best keeper in the world atm. Simon Katich is the best all-rounder in the world atm. Also Matt Prior is the best keeper batsman in the world atm. Mukund is the best domestic cricketer in the world atm???

Bharat, No. No. No. No. Nio. Who the hell is Mukund ?
Why not? I mean, I used the same rationale as yours for saying Hughes is the best batsman in the world atm ... Atm ... No other bowler has taken more wickets than Swann out of the most recent Tests ... Atm ... No other fielder (non keeper) has taken more catches than Collingwood out of the most recent Tests ... Atm ... No other keeper has taken more dismissals than Haddin out of the recent Tests ... and so forth Would you like to explain to me why Hughes can qualify as the best batsman in the world atm but Haddin is not the best keeper in the world atm? Abhinav Mukund is a 19 year old Indian domestic cricketer who has been carving up first class cricket recently. He just scored a century in the Ranji Trophy ODI final.

Which still puts me way ahead of you. :regular_smile:

Would you like to explain to me why Hughes can qualify as the best batsman in the world atm ?
Viru and not even your precious Tendu goes from 93 to 105 with 2 hits or smashes the (so called) best fast bowler in the world for a straight six to pass 150.