Test cricket in danger of succumbing to glitz and glamor of T20 and IPL

fineleg

Message has some validity.. but the person delievering is not .. now that punter is not playing this year he is is gonna talk all this trash.. will BCCI take any action? that would be funny.. I think ICC needs to play bigger role.. and BCCI also.. they should not allow T20 / IPL schedule to interfere with Test schedule.. they need to take firm stance.

i) A test WC championship spanning a year (with no ODIs the entire year) will help. ii) Other changes are also needed wherein the administrators have to take care of weather/pitch issues (so any non-dramatic draw will lead to a suspension of all international games at the ground for the next 4 years). iii) Restricting the number of tri-series, champions trophy tournaments, et al will also help. iv) Day and night tests with colourful clothing and a T20 like atmosphere will also help but probably that's not gonna happen in the near future. (There should be 10 over cricket games involving the audience in the lunch break and all :) v) Lots of other innovations might happen eventually which might change the way that test cricket is played. I think all the above will help. I dont think T20 per say is endangering test cricket but it's a combination of odis + T20s + flat pitches + 0 marketing and innovation + inherent nature of test cricket that is not attracting the crowds.