The Indian Elections Thread

The Outsider

The Indian Elections Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP/NDA
    • Congress/UPA
    • Third Front
    • Undecided

nonsense. Mayawati over no one. No votes for her. (This is not to exonerate sonia, just talking abt mayawati only)
have u raise even a little finger to help any downtrodden in india.. I am sure answer is noooooooooo.. mayawati over sonia's peon anyday

It is a joke that Manmohan doesn't even have to stand in elections. Not that he will lose' date=' but this farce with Rajya Sabha members becoming PM should be stopped.[/quote'] the great scholar even chickens out on debatign what he has done in five years on TV.. He knows people will ask questions like so why did you release bofors money of Royal jeejai Quttrochhi.. Not everyone is lurker who will suck on to any offering as long as Shahi family endorses it people do ask questions these days

Chaprasis of Sonia gandhi these guys are sse how they are talking Sonia appointed Manmohan because she is confortable with him reaosn this guy has no spine.. http://elections.ndtv.com/news_story.aspx?ID=NEWEN20090089371&keyword=news In a new twist to the debate over who will be Prime Minister, Pranab Mukherjee, widely seen as the number two in the Congress, says that Sonia Gandhi may have been more at ease with Manmohan Singh when she appointed him Prime Minister. In an exclusive interview to NDTV, Pranab Mukherjee said that Manmohan Singh is more qualified than him to become Prime Minister, because Singh is an intellectual, while Mukherjee is a political activist

It is a joke that Manmohan doesn't even have to stand in elections. Not that he will lose' date=' but this farce with Rajya Sabha members becoming PM should be stopped.[/quote'] Agreed. Constitionally it may be a legal thing to do but from a pure ethical perspective this is nothing but a cop out. How can one become PM without even bothering to contest???

I honestly dont see much difference between the options .. I agree that probable ministers from BJP & Cong would be more educated and if I have to then I will vote for either of these parties. I believe that we need to elect president/PM .. like in the US ... we cant afford to have elections more than once in at least 3 years ... Of course it would mean massive changes but I for one do not want to vote for fronts and parties .. I wanna vote for a smart person to lead India & be accountable for his promises and actions .. PS: if third front wins then we may have Mayawati as PM , Lalu as Home minister , Paswan as foreign minister , Rabri devi as education minister and Amar Singh as defense minister :ohmy:
Impossible. Jayalalitha wouldn't let anyone except herself become PM.

btw are u guys wondering why manmohan singh is chickening out of public debate with aadvani........ so far excuses i have heard are following (1) there is no tradition of that in india.. ( well there is always room for imporvement (2)Aadavani is scared of Manmohan :-)) don't ask why somone who is asking for debate is scared of somone who is chickening out
3) The two parties are getting a big fat "ghanta" when it comes to having majority. If these two parties were sure shot to have a majority then yes have a debate by all means. Whats the point of having debates between parties who are gonna win 120 seats? On the topic, I would definitely recommend debate for Presidential election. There the candidates are 2(generally) and yes it would set the right precedent/tradition that hopefully we can emulate some day in Lok Sabha elections too. xxx

btw are u guys wondering why manmohan singh is chickening out of public debate with aadvani........ so far excuses i have heard are following (1) there is no tradition of that in india.. ( well there is always room for imporvement (2)Aadavani is scared of Manmohan :-)) don't ask why somone who is asking for debate is scared of somone who is chickening out
The most ridiculous one I've heard is that Advani is taking too much liking to the way things are done in America, and he's not being Indian in asking for a debate.

Did the EC ask BJP to withdraw his candidature? Yes
And EC was completely correct in doing so.
Did the EC bring charges under NSA and that of murder? No
Nope Mayawati Govt did. Varun Gandhi can fight the (in)justice in court of law.
Do the charges fit the comments he uttered? No
Yes it does. Every other month some or the other jackass keeps spewing this kind of hate speeches. I have no sympathy for such characters. He should get punished to the fullest extent of law.
Can the same charges be made against a Muslim for a similar act? Absolutely not.
Why not? Go ahead and give it a shot. See if Constitution of India stops you. You dont want to do your own work and if someone does his job even then aapko shikayat hai.
Let me repeat. I am not defending his statements. But the punishment should fit the crime. Not a potential 1 year Jail sentence for a stupid remark.
I wish it was as simple as that. He made more than 1 statement. Went to the point of saying something to the lines of Karimullah, Najubullah names itself sound dangerous etc etc. It was pretty clear he was targetting Muslims and as per the law if he gets flogged for 1 year I am cool with it. Mind you I am not suggesting he should be given 1 year when law says 1 week. xxx

I am watching right now ManMOhan Obama joint address.. why does Manmohan singh always come of as dusky damsle who is being lead to the podium.. always contreacted while USA president pats him on the back as if he were his orderly
Yes. Manmohan Singh doesn't have an impressive persona sadly. Although I dare say he would be most qualified amongst all the 20 Presidents/Head of States/PMs when it comes to economics. You do realize who was the most impressive Indian PM? Your role model Rajeev Gandhi :winky: Come on admit it he sent your pulse racing :giggle:

Yes. Manmohan Singh doesn't have an impressive persona sadly. Although I dare say he would be most qualified amongst all the 20 Presidents/Head of States/PMs when it comes to economics. You do realize who was the most impressive Indian PM? Your role model Rajeev Gandhi :winky: Come on admit it he sent your pulse racing :giggle:
You do have fetish for congresis mass murders.. Do you hang SajJN kumar and Tytler';s portrait too along with rajeev gandhi in your drawing room

You do have fetish for congresis mass murders.. Do you hang SajJN kumar and Tytler';s portrait too along with rajeev gandhi in your drawing room
Jagjit tytler is a free man now, thanks to RSS support. :giggle::giggle: Sajjan Kumar?? He has been a nobody for like 20 years now. But seriously mate which Indian PM had half the gravitas that Rajeev Gandhi did?? Vajpayee might have had it during his Foreign Minister days. Baaki sab to waise hi the - Deve Gauda, ChandraShekhar, Narsimha Rao.

Jagjit tytler is a free man now, thanks to RSS support. :giggle::giggle: Sajjan Kumar?? He has been a nobody for like 20 years now. But seriously mate which Indian PM had half the gravitas that Rajeev Gandhi did?? Vajpayee might have had it during his Foreign Minister days. Baaki sab to waise hi the - Deve Gauda, ChandraShekhar, Narsimha Rao.
Yeah bg joke to you 1984 mass murders. Big joke what tytler and other politicians did in 1984.

So the butcher had gravitas hence his butchery is condoned.. Keep watching the way Narendra Modi is going the way people who are respected around the world be it tata birla or anyone are praising narendra Modi pretty soon ur gravitas nonsense too will exhaust...... Tytle Rajeev Sajjan kumar are criminals and will remain so gravias or no gravitas.. congressi thugs and supporters like you are stil to answer simple question 25 years not even a single conviction in an episode which saw mercilee murdr of 3000 people.. same set of thugs keep shedding crocodile tears of 2002 where on last count more that 30 have been convicted so far.. shame on you congressi thugs

So the butcher had gravitas hence his butchery is condoned..
Phir wahi fata baaja?? Arre bhaiya deemag se paidal ho ekdam?? Here is the sequence of discussion on "gravitas". DR - why does Manmohan singh always come of as dusky damsle who is being lead to the podium Lurker - Manmohan Singh doesn't have an impressive persona sadly. You do realize who was the most impressive Indian PM? Your role model Rajeev Gandhi. DR - You do have fetish for congresis mass murders.. Lurker - eriously mate which Indian PM had half the gravitas that Rajeev Gandhi did?? Vajpayee might have had it during his Foreign Minister days. Baaki sab to waise hi the - Deve Gauda, ChandraShekhar, Narsimha Rao. DR - So the butcher had gravitas hence his butchery is condoned Samajh mein aaya? Pahle personality ki baat uthate ho phir jab uska jawaab aata hai to kuch aur bakwaas chaloo? Aadmi ko ke payjaama?