Stats Draft VII

bunny

We had the test draft XI sometime back. It's time for the stats draft VII. Rules for selection: i) Select a VII comprising of 4 batsmen and 3 bowlers. ii) All the 7 have to be from different nations. iii) Upto 10 teams can register...(will be cut down or increased based on demand). Rules for play: i) Once the players are selected, one of the users representing a team will invoke a record, for eg "most number of runs in ODIs". ii) The record will be either a bowling record or a batting record (no fielding records) and as such either bowlers or batsmen will be applicable. (If the record is related to appearances or some such then the user has to specify whether it's being applied to batsmen or bowlers). iii) The player which is the worst wrt the particular record will get eliminated. If two teams have the worst player then a random draw will be used to select one particular player. (If more than 2 teams are applicable then the record cant be used and the user loses his chance). iv) The team which has the player (among the chosen and remaining players) that owns the record will get 2 points. The team which has the 2nd best player will get 1 point. v) Only records listed in here: http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/records/index.html are applicable (Both tests and ODIs records are applicable. No country specific records). vi) Infamous records such as most number of ducks are not applicable but the reverse is applicable, i.e., fewer number of ducks. vii) No record can be used more than once. Winners: i) Most number of points ii) Last batsman standing iii) Last bowler standing I think I might be missing some stuff and we can develop the rules as we go on.