How about Worlds Fastest Bowler II at the IPL?

msb1991

This won't happen, but I'm praying an IPL source does view this somehow and makes it happen. I think a World's Fastest Bowler competition similar to the one in 1979, though preferably not in 40 degree heat, would be a massive attraction. What sort of readings/order do you think we'd get? My money would be on: - Shaun Tait: 160kph - Brett Lee: 155kph - Mitchell Johnson: 155kph - Fidel Edwards - 153kph - Jerome Taylor - 150kph

If its about the fastest single delivery bowled, it will be Shaun Tait. One cant put a number to it because different speed guns seem to have a mind of their own, but most probably, Tait will bowl the fastest ball of the tournament.

If its about the fastest single delivery bowled' date=' it will be Shaun Tait. One cant put a number to it because different speed guns seem to have a mind of their own, but most probably, Tait will bowl the fastest ball of the tournament.[/quote'] But I am talking about a net situation where there is no batsmen and bowlers simply try to bowl as quickly as possible with rest periods imbetween - just to see who can. I think it could be a crowd puller.

But I am talking about a net situation where there is no batsmen and bowlers simply try to bowl as quickly as possible with rest periods imbetween - just to see who can. I think it could be a crowd puller.
If that is the case too, Tait will come out tops. His fastest will be between 155-157 kmph, while there’s hardly anything to choose between the rest. All of Johnson, Edwards, Steyn and Lee* are capable of touching 150. Even Peter Siddle bowls quite a heavy ball at times. * - Provided he is fully fit.

If that is the case too, Tait will come out tops. His fastest will be between 155-157 kmph, while there’s hardly anything to choose between the rest. All of Johnson, Edwards, Steyn and Lee* are capable of touching 150. Even Peter Siddle bowls quite a heavy ball at times. * - Provided he is fully fit.
Lee had an injury to his foot, I don't think that the rehab from that will affect his pace too much and I feel that it is mainly match fitness that will be a concern. He supposedly had a virus which meant he lost weight and underperformed in India and Australia but he is supposed to have put on 10kg of lean muscle and is up to 92kg. MM, do you think it would be a good idea?

MM, do you think it would be a good idea?
I doubt it. Back then, speed guns were a novelty. Nobody knew exactly how fast bowlers were bowling. So, having them to bowl with a speed gun seemed cool. Now, everyone knows how fast the pacers are bowling anyway. You dont need a separate contest for that. Even there were one, it wont be anywhere as exciting or anticipated as the last one.