Indian team: New leadership suggestions

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions yuvi? hell no. This guy is too headed person. He will mess up team india and give stupid bhajji a lot more chances. he will literally kill india. Yuvi aint fleming or graeme smith to be a great cap.

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions

yuvi? hell no. This guy is too headed person. He will mess up team india and give stupid bhajji a lot more chances. he will literally kill india. Yuvi aint fleming or graeme smith to be a great cap.
This is where Kaif would have been a suitable candidatel. But hey he is trying to get a seat on the bus before even thinking of driving.

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions As an aside--> All this 'drop bhajji' stuff is fine, he hasn't performed and needs to go. But seriously, he's only 26 and with the amount of time and effort that's been invested in him, we really need him to come good. I hope some domestic games, and some discussions with Bishen and others will get his head back in the right place. Who's next in line? Ramesh Powar, Murli Kartik, Piyush Chawla? Powar is not the same league, in terms of spinning guile (although I saw him flight it beautifully in the last few matches he played). Kartik, I feell was mismanaged by Gangs. He had much better results when Dravid was captaining him. And I think he should be looked at -- but I can't see people fearing his bowling like they do a Warne or a Murali (and Bhajji, for a brief period). Chawla and Nadeem are way too young, and need a lot of grooming. With Kumbles playing probably his last year or so of Test cricket, we really need someone to step up and become our frontline spinner. And I don't see that happening unless Bhajji miraculously returns to form. Actually, worldwide, we're looking at a funky time for spin bowling. Murali is showing remarkable stamina, but Warne is done, and Kumble almost so. Mustaq and Saqqi were the last decent spinners that Pakistan produced. South Africa doesn't believe in spin. Australia has Mcgill, who's terrible IMO. SL has Malinga Bandra, who looks to be in a Mcgill mould (but has more time to improve). For England, Monty has done brilliantly, but I still think he has a bit to prove. Vettori will be around for a long time yet, and with Jeetan Patel coming in, will we see NZ play two spinners when they tour the subcontinent?

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions Bhajji is such an inveterate loser, Vroom, it's like slitting our guts open everytime we select him. Spin is a dead art. It's dead because batsmen the world over have learnt to play spin well. No longer can you make a dirt track at home and scare teams to death. It never worked against our subcontinental neighbours, and it doesn't earn as an advantage against the Caucasians any more. Look at the recent home results. New Zealand & England drew against us, Australia demolished us, we struggled to beat South Africa. That's the justification for breeding another Bhajji, isn't it, to take advantage of home conditions? Well, India need to move on. Once Kumble goes, I'd like to see a four member seam attack. No spinners. As I said, spin is a decadent skill. Unless you are a freak like Murali, you might as well turn around and wait to be sodomized. The only bowlers who command respect the world over are quicks. Let's prepare, adapt, and leave the past behind. Bhajji would make a mighty fine policeman anyway.

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions Dhondy, quality spinner is must in test cricket... Just watch SL and Australia struggle to win/close out games once Warne/Murli retires... you need guile, turn and variation to out smart batsman on good batting wickets..the fast bowling cannot do that..

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions Dravid is captain...till england series..... Dinesh kartick should be made VC and groomed. Yuvi has shown no responsibilty considering the number of yrs he has been in the team,......in greggy's words Yuvi should be more disappointed with himself than me.

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions Nearly 50% of India's test matches will be played at home, on the average. Hence a good spinner is a MUST. We already see how the current Saffie team struggles to win tests away from home with their one dimensional attack, dont we ? Away from home, bowling is not our primary problem. It is our batting which loses us test matches. If go out there & put 350-400 on the board every time we go out to bat in the 1st innings, our overseas record will change dramatically.

If Shastri accepts the offer then this could be the new leadership for team india: Coach-*****-manager: Ravi Shastri Captain: Rahul Dravid Bowling Coach: Venkatesh Prasad Fielding Coach: Robin Singh Vice-Captain: Sachin Tendulkar or Yuvaraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh to be crowed vice captian

If Shastri accepts the offer then this could be the new leadership for team india: Coach-*****-manager: Ravi Shastri Captain: Rahul Dravid Bowling Coach: Venkatesh Prasad Fielding Coach: Robin Singh Vice-Captain: Sachin Tendulkar or Yuvaraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh to be crowed vice captian
No more tossing around guys this is final. And he will be crowned captian when Dravid retires end of this year!

Re: Indian team: New leadership suggestions spinners will never die, Dhonds.... the big 4 retired(bishen et al), Qadir arrived, he retired, then Shane/kumbles arrived, in between there was saqlain, and now there is vettori and panesar..... if u see, on an average, there are enough number of spinners successful as fastbowlers in the last 10 yrs... there have been rubbish varieties from both..... and the top 3 wicket takers in the world are spinners.... how do u not call them match-winners? this is not the first time, we 've gone through bleak periods in our spin department.... in the 80s, all we had was maninder and to an extent Doshi and Yadav.... then sparks from Siva and Hirwani.... but no consistent match-winners..... i foresee atleast 3-4 yrs of mediocrity in our spin department... in any case, Powar is better than Bajji... one player, who was extremely talented, but never converted his potential was Amit Mishra.... i was very disappointed with him....

spinners will never die, Dhonds.... the big 4 retired(bishen et al), Qadir arrived, he retired, then Shane/kumbles arrived, in between there was saqlain, and now there is vettori and panesar..... if u see, on an average, there are enough number of spinners successful as fastbowlers in the last 10 yrs... there have been rubbish varieties from both..... and the top 3 wicket takers in the world are spinners.... how do u not call them match-winners? this is not the first time, we 've gone through bleak periods in our spin department.... in the 80s, all we had was maninder and to an extent Doshi and Yadav.... then sparks from Siva and Hirwani.... but no consistent match-winners..... i foresee atleast 3-4 yrs of mediocrity in our spin department... in any case, Powar is better than Bajji... one player, who was extremely talented, but never converted his potential was Amit Mishra.... i was very disappointed with him....
There;s Rajesh Sharma (not sure about the last name) playing for Punjab who is a good spinner as per reports.