Sad day for Indian cricket

Feed

`Here we go people equating India to be Pakistan. There are some very positive fallouts from this. 1) India will be better prepared for IPL (or any tournaments ) from next year. It was a prudent move given its capabilities. Next year IPL will leave no stone unturned to make it a success. 2) I dare and I repeat I dare -- teams asking India to host tournaments outside. India is not Pakistan. You damn well now what the outcome of that is going to be and most imporantanly who the loser is going to be. India made a prudent move, unlike Pakistan -- who had nothing in place, despite gun totting terrorists roaming around like it is their hometown telling everybody that is is safe. Ofcourse this is temporary -- with all the elections. This will be a big eye opener -- who took everything for granted but now will have to think miles ahead to host any tournament -- let alone IPL. Stop being cynical and stop comparing India to Pakistan.
You are guilty that's about it. There was no mention of Pakistan but as usual you are another typical Indian that cannot see beyond "Pakistan". "Cynical and comparing to Pakistan" You should tell yourself that. As I said above you are yet another poster that cannot think beyond "Pakistan". Every possible comment has to come with a comparison with "Pakistan" for some of you blokes. I mentioned if IPL can be held outside India because of security reasons what stops international teams from requesting the same? Have there been no bombings in India in the past one year? Are you abreast with security situation in India? Don't you know some of the famous destination for sportsmen included was attacked in Bombay? Haven't you seen how many foreigners were targeted/killed during the Bombay shootout? Half the cricketing world is **** scared about visiting India if you did not know. For once stop thinking about Pakistan and for once look in-house if the security has improved in India. I can give you a dossier of bombings since few months/years, it has only gotten worse. All these bombings were topped off by Mumbai shoot out. That is the worse I have seen for a very long time. Who gives a toss about your comparison with Pakistan and feeling more secure than Pakistan? There are people dying on the streets and the govt is able to do crap to improve the security situations. I’m sick of hearing it was Pakistanis screwing up India. If they are able to walk in to a city and take the entire city as hostage what the heck is the Govt of India, Military, Cops, Para-Military, intelligence doing? The situation has only got worse since a year or two. If terrorists are able to walk across the neighboring country and creating havoc then it rakes of inability of the Indians to stop that. How long will India keep saying the attacks were designed by Pakistan when every tom, dick and harry in the world knows it already? On the contrary, what have they done to stop this from happening though? Zilch, an absolute NADA. The same old lackluster reaction and people move on as if nothing’s happened. As long as India has better security situation than Pakistan it’s all good it sounds like, doesn’t matter the number of bombings continue to increase. I’m tired of this attitude of some of you blokes feeling great because India has better security situation than Pakistan. It seems it just doesn’t matter hundreds across the country die every year due to lack of security or intelligence. There’s always some excuse round the corner rather than get to the bottom of the problem and sort it out for ever. Whether moving IPL was prudent or not time will tell. In a way I'm quite happy the players now don't have to play under constant threat or under pressure. They can enjoy playing cricket without having to worry about the security issues. For the player this was the best thing to happen, although they are expressing they are going to miss out playing in India they will rather be happy not to be visiting India at this point in time. The players' families will be relieved at this decision. India definitely lacks the ability to ensure their citizens can live without fear at all times. India has done nothing to improve the security situation in general. It’s not just about securing some players’ lives. India has to put in a lot of work to ensure its citizens can live without constant fear of a terrorist strike. I cannot see that happening in the near future. I have read reports where the cops aren’t even armed well enough to tackle such situations. The security hole was glaring during the Mumbai shoot out and they had to bring in trained staff from a different city to sort out the issue in Mumbai. Somehow I’m not convinced India had the ability to hold the IPL this year. Going by history they will not have the ability in the near future either. I have lost count how many times the city of Mumbai has been attacked and the attacks still continue to happen.
You are guilty that's about it. There was no mention of Pakistan but as usual you are another typical Indian that cannot see beyond "Pakistan". "Cynical and comparing to Pakistan" You should tell yourself that. As I said above you are yet another poster that cannot think beyond "Pakistan". Every possible comment has to come with a comparison with "Pakistan" for some of you blokes.
I mentioned if IPL can be held outside India because of security reasons what stops international teams from requesting the same?
You might not want to agree but the very thought of moving abroad -- came to you cuz International Teams refused to tour Pakistan. Otherwise how did that thought even come to your mind ?? Have there been no bombings in India in the past one year? Are you abreast with security situation in India? Yes very much. Didnt an INternational Team Land and Play in India just 5 days after the Bombings? Are you aware of that? Did anything happen to them? Don't you know some of the famous destination for sportsmen included was attacked in Bombay? Haven't you seen how many foreigners were targeted/killed during the Bombay shootout? Half the cricketing world is **** scared about visiting India if you did not know. For once stop thinking about Pakistan and for once look in-house if the security has improved in India. Oh really -- go check the Number of International PLayers who signed up for IPL whose auction was held -- AFTER the bombings? Why would they sign up if were so **** scared ? I can give you a dossier of bombings since few months/years, it has only gotten worse. All these bombings were topped off by Mumbai shoot out. That is the worse I have seen for a very long time. Who gives a toss about your comparison with Pakistan and feeling more secure than Pakistan? There are people dying on the streets and the govt is able to do crap to improve the security situations. It was bad incident and I am not denying it. But we have learnt our lessons and have moved on. I’m sick of hearing it was Pakistanis screwing up India. If they are able to walk in to a city and take the entire city as hostage what the heck is the Govt of India, Military, Cops, Para-Military, intelligence doing? The situation has only got worse since a year or two. If terrorists are able to walk across the neighboring country and creating havoc then it rakes of inability of the Indians to stop that. How long will India keep saying the attacks were designed by Pakistan when every tom, dick and harry in the world knows it already? On the contrary, what have they done to stop this from happening though? Zilch, an absolute NADA. The same old lackluster reaction and people move on as if nothing’s happened. As long as India has better security situation than Pakistan it’s all good it sounds like, doesn’t matter the number of bombings continue to increase. I’m tired of this attitude of some of you blokes feeling great because India has better security situation than Pakistan. Comparing the security situation to Pakistan -- is like u are living in a dream world. Bombings are happening everywhere NY, London etc. Yes it is a little worse in India may because of the infrastructure they have there and it needs to change. It seems it just doesn’t matter hundreds across the country die every year due to lack of security or intelligence. There’s always some excuse round the corner rather than get to the bottom of the problem and sort it out for ever. Whether moving IPL was prudent or not time will tell. In a way I'm quite happy the players now don't have to play under constant threat or under pressure. They can enjoy playing cricket without having to worry about the security issues. For the player this was the best thing to happen, although they are expressing they are going to miss out playing in India they will rather be happy not to be visiting India at this point in time. The players' families will be relieved at this decision. India definitely lacks the ability to ensure their citizens can live without fear at all times. India has done nothing to improve the security situation in general. It’s not just about securing some players’ lives. India has to put in a lot of work to ensure its citizens can live without constant fear of a terrorist strike. I cannot see that happening in the near future. I have read reports where the cops aren’t even armed well enough to tackle such situations. The security hole was glaring during the Mumbai shoot out and they had to bring in trained staff from a different city to sort out the issue in Mumbai. Somehow I’m not convinced India had the ability to hold the IPL this year. Going by history they will not have the ability in the near future either. I have lost count how many times the city of Mumbai has been attacked and the attacks still continue to happen.
And also -- they moved the IPL cuz of elections not because they were not confident of making secuity arrangements for IPL -- so stop saying bombings happened here and bombings happened there and IPL moved cuz of that. Get your facts before you get hysterical. And I BTW do support hat move by IPL -- cuz elections and IPL cannot happen at the same time.
Comparing the security situation to Pakistan -- is like u are living in a dream world. Bombings are happening everywhere NY, London etc. Yes it is a little worse in India may because of the infrastructure they have there and it needs to change.
I want you to check how many major incidents have rocked NY/UK after the apparent incidents you mentioned i.e Sept/01 in NY and July/2005 bombings in UK. Similarly check the amount of precautions, security arrangements and how efficient they have been in keeping the threat under check. There were more defusions than blasts and that says they are working at countering this issue. I cannot say the same about India. Going by the events it only seems to be worsening.

Kingbhai, comparing US/UK with India is not right. India shares porous border with Pakistan. We have massive massive Border with them on one side. On other side we have massive border with Bangladesh. US and UK do not have such problem and they can put emphasis on other precautions and security arrangements. Its easier for them, they just have to keep an eye on Muslims (mainly non white). We can't do that. If pakistani is in India, I bet its almost impossible to know that he is Pakistani, unless you dig deeper.

Kingbhai, comparing US/UK with India is not right. India shares porous border with Pakistan. We have massive massive Border with them on one side. On other side we have massive border with Bangladesh. US and UK do not have such problem and they can put emphasis on other precautions and security arrangements. Its easier for them, they just have to keep an eye on Muslims (mainly non white). We can't do that. If pakistani is in India, I bet its almost impossible to know that he is Pakistani, unless you dig deeper.
Nothing wrong with the post, but how does it matter to someone going to play cricket from a foreign country that the reason for a higher security risk is Pakistan as a neighbor or demographics. The person in question is not there to think about the reasons why the place is dangerous but rather how dangerous it is.

Mamu, No point sugar coating the truth. India's security leaves a lot to desired. Thats the awkward reality. Whats more worrying is reading some of the official press statements from the nation's top brass. Although they rightfully acknowledge that India is unsafe, they claim its not as unsafe as Pakistan. Please dont tell me Pakistan has become the new benchmark for security in the sub - continent and the spineless beaurocrats are comparing themselves to a country that's tearing itself apart as a way of making themselves feel better and deflecting security lapses on past terrorist attacks. That badly exposes the Indian security. Seriously, why not compare the present Indian security to Mogadisghu, the genocide in Darfur or related incidents. I can understand noises about "India and Pakistan being equally safe" coming from across the border, but seriously, what kind of image is projected to the west if we keep comparing ourself to Pak security wise. Its a bitter pill to swallow

Mamu, No point sugar coating the truth. India's security leaves a lot to desired. Thats the awkward reality. Whats more worrying is reading some of the official press statements from the nation's top brass. Although they rightfully acknowledge that India is unsafe, they claim its not as unsafe as Pakistan. Please dont tell me Pakistan has become the new benchmark for security in the sub - continent and the spineless beaurocrats are comparing themselves to a country that's tearing itself apart as a way of making themselves feel better and deflecting security lapses on past terrorist attacks. That badly exposes the Indian security. Seriously, why not compare the present Indian security to Mogadisghu, the genocide in Darfur or related incidents. I can understand noises about "India and Pakistan being equally safe" coming from across the border, but seriously, what kind of image is projected to the west if we keep comparing ourself to Pak security wise. Its a bitter pill to swallow
x2 You put it better than what I could have, cheers.

>Nothing wrong with the post, but how does it matter to someone going to play cricket from a foreign country that the reason for a higher security risk is Pakistan as a neighbor or demographics. The person in question is not there to think about the reasons why the place is dangerous but rather how dangerous it is. Thats different issue and quite valid concern. But King was comparing Security of USA/UK with India

It is sad. It's the best 20/20 competition in the World, and one of the few decent things we have in India for people to go to. Those Indian fans created crazy atmospheres that contributed a lot to the spectacle. Those fans have now been robbed, but similarly, IPL won't look as attractive. Had it been staged in the UK, I would have attended some Kings XI games, but would still have felt as this is not cool as far as Indian cricket is concerned. I hope all the English players suffer career ending injuries though, and that any Pakistani players are told they're not welcome. "F**k you" in advance to anyone who has a problem with my opinion/statement...