Harbhajan

There are some of us who constantly take digs at him when the chance permits and he starts firing in darts and bowling defensively. I'm one of them. To be fair, it's time to give him some credit for his performance this test. Figures look like crap. But he's bowled with a lot of heart, given the ball flight and rip, tried to get the most out of the conditions and kept it fairly tight as well. Definitely deserves better figures than what he has - if only some of the many catches offered yesterday had been held, his figures would be more complimentary. But either way, a fine showing from him here. I hope he keeps bowling in this fashion, and the rewards should present themselves. Even if a first slip with slowing reflexes and a hopelessly incompetent keeper (or should I just call it 'man standing behind the stumps watching the ball go by and occasionally braying out an appeal when he holds onto something'?) have denied him here.

The problem with us fans is that we think that a player is either invincible or ****. There is nothing in between. Harbhajan is a very good bowler with some limitations. When he takes wickets, we think he is a world beater. When he does not, we ask for his head. Bhajji is no Warne. There are times when he is clueless. His flat bowling in the first innings of test one still remains a poor show. He could have done much better. For some strange reason he gets into a shell sometimes. But when he gets one wicket, he starts attacking. And yes, he the best spinner in India atm.

The problem with us fans is that we think that a player is either invincible or ****. There is nothing in between. Harbhajan is a very good bowler with some limitations. When he takes wickets, we think he is a world beater. When he does not, we ask for his head. Bhajji is no Warne. There are times when he is clueless. His flat bowling in the first innings of test one still remains a poor show. He could have done much better. For some strange reason he gets into a shell sometimes. But when he gets one wicket, he starts attacking. And yes, he the best spinner in India atm.
Well, my issue with Harbhajan a lot of the time is that he bowls without much thought and just fires in darts a lot of the time. Some times this leads to wickets, and even then I crib as there's so much more he could do with his natural talent. Here I'm very glad to see him bowling like this, giving the ball rip and making the batsmen really earn their runs while also threatening their wicket. He definitely deserves a few...
There are some of us who constantly take digs at him when the chance permits and he starts firing in darts and bowling defensively. I'm one of them. To be fair, it's time to give him some credit for his performance this test. Figures look like crap. But he's bowled with a lot of heart, given the ball flight and rip, tried to get the most out of the conditions and kept it fairly tight as well. Definitely deserves better figures than what he has - if only some of the many catches offered yesterday had been held, his figures would be more complimentary. But either way, a fine showing from him here. I hope he keeps bowling in this fashion, and the rewards should present themselves. Even if a first slip with slowing reflexes and a hopelessly incompetent keeper (or should I just call it 'man standing behind the stumps watching the ball go by and occasionally braying out an appeal when he holds onto something'?) have denied him here.
well said. I'm glad your a man of your word and fair.

Wait, wait... Let me clear this up. If I'm pro-quota players... then I'd be pro Bhajji. But apparently I'm also anti Bhajji and anti Punjabi. As after all, only Sehwag, Gambhir and Ishant are the merit picked players and everyone else is a quota pick. Um... something doesn't fit.