Deccan Chargers

Rohan495

Adam Gilchrist led from the front to help the Deccan Chargers upstaged the fancied Chennai Super Kings but the humble Australian said he was only carrying forward the good work done by regular skipper VVS Laxman. Leading the side in absence of the injured Laxman, Gilchrist did not put a foot wrong in tonight`s IPL match against the MS Dhoni-led side. Gilchrist won the toss, marshalled his bowlers well to restrict the opponents to a modest total and then went on to top-score with the bat to guide the side to its second victory. No wonder he walked away with the man of the match award. In the post-match press conference, the Aussie, however, humility personified and said he was enjoying playing under Laxman. "He (Laxman) has put up a strong foundation and I am only carrying that good work," Gilchrist said. Though the win boosted the morale of the side that was at the bottom of the point chart, Gilchrist was not ready to get carried away. Bureau Report

'I'm only carrying forward Laxman's good work': Gilly Leading the side in absence of injured Laxman, Gilchrist did not put a foot wrong in the match against Dhoni-led side. More... I'm only carrying forward Laxman's good work: Gilly Agencies Posted online: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 0806 hrs IST Chennai, May 7: : Adam Gilchrist led from the front to help the Deccan Chargers upstaged the fancied Chennai Super Kings but the humble Australian said he was only carrying forward the good work done by regular skipper VVS Laxman. Leading the side in absence of the injured Laxman, Gilchrist did not put a foot wrong in Tuesday night's IPL match against the MS Dhoni-led side. Gilchrist won the toss, marshalled his bowlers well to restrict the opponents to a modest total and then went on to top-score with the bat to guide the side to its second victory. No wonder he walked away with the Man of the Match award. In the post-match press conference, the Aussie, however, humility personified and said he was enjoying playing under Laxman. "He (Laxman) has put up a strong foundation and I am only carrying that good work," Gilchrist said. Though the win boosted the morale of the side that was at the bottom of the point chart, Gilchrist was not ready to get carried away. "We are learning from our mistakes. We are not looking at the points table as I know we are at the bottom. We have improved a lot since our Bangalore match. We hope to continue our good showing in Jaipur too," he said. "We know we have the talent. But it does not guarantee victory. IPL is of international standard and each player has taken it seriously," he said. Gilchrist termed scheduling of matches as tight one. "We find it very difficult but we have to keep up our momentum despite the tight schedule. One has to keep the process of moving forward." The Aussie also praised Shahid Afridi for his all-round performance in Tuesday's match. "He fielded very well and took catches. I am sure he has got his momentum since having bowled well and batted in an explosive manner."

I know this may sound far-fetched, but assuming DC, BRC, KKR and MI are all eliminated before the semis and there's a good chance that might happen, does anyone here see the common thread between the 4 teams?

as if their batting clicked.....all big names made little difference
True that i like the way Chapell was criticizing Afridi, serves him right what a dumb ass simple killing the chemistry and the bonding of the side with his dumb shot selection

They have all the good players YET they managed to fck up. Total waste of a team.
totally agreed. but its cardinal that good batting must be supported with good bowlers. and when the big names of the batting line up fail, they make hyderabad even more vulnerable.

this team needs a 200 score to defend' date=' not 130.[/quote'] thats exactly what im saying but due to the lack of form of key players such as Gibbs and Afridi Hyderabad is a gone cause because theres no way theyre going to get 200 plus scores.

hyderabad should only hope that the icl ban gets lifted by the end of this year so that they can sign up rayudu, khaleel, stuart binny, is reddy & other indian players from the hyderabad heroes icl team