World Cup Qualifiers 2010

Shane

This is it! The final leg of WC qualifiers playoffs is played later tonite. This is the fixture: UKR (0) v. Greece (0) Bosnia (0) v. Portugal (1) Slovenia (1) v. Russia (2) France (1) v. IRL (0) Uruguay (1) v. Costa Rica (0) The Bosnia and Slovenia games should be fun. I expect the rest of the home teams to sail through to the WC finals.

Robbie keane is confident of an upset in Paris tonight. Lots of heat has been exchanged between the les blues and Irish drunkards. Should be fun

Any team that Henry plays for (except Barca) I hate. Oh, hai there Shane.:D TBH IRL are playing fantastic football especially in the midfield. They are closing down the flanks as well...it has been a great half so far. I hope they sustain the full 90 minutes coz the bench strength isn't great. brb...after the match.

Itll be 1-1 ' date=' so Xtra time and penos right?[/quote'] Yeah. Russia could not qualify, meaning no Ashravin in WC :(( Slo, Portugal and Greece go through.

2211: EVEN BIGGER CONTROVERSY. This is quite unbelievable. Long ball over the top - and two French players are offside - but forget that, Thierry Henry juggles the ball CLEARLY with his hand before squaring for William Gallas to bundle in. The Republic of Ireland have been robbed here. Robbed.

Wow. Absolute shocker that handball was not given, blatant cheating and desperate measures to avoid the upset on the cards. Disappointing stuff for the Irish but they can take a heart out of this draw as they gave their best :((