IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

I think ass and Gen are also choosing pretty much the same players as me. It would be really tough for me to get to the top unless they make some tactical mistakes. Also' date=' the teams behind are pretty close as well. Fingers crossed and hope for a lot of luck.[/quote'] That ass is goin down baby

I think 15 would have been ideal. 10 makes it easier for teams who make sure they change the team every day after the toss. However, I also think that the current system is ideal for real addicts who work on their tactics well and ensure they get a balanced team for every single game. But as most people have said, I missed one game and am behind the leader by 130 points, and can never catch up with them until they make a really bad move or I gamble by not picking the non-favorites banking on their performance.

I think 15 would have been ideal. 10 makes it easier for teams who make sure they change the team every day after the toss. However' date=' I also think that the current system is ideal for real addicts who work on their tactics well and ensure they get a balanced team for every single game. But as most people have said, I missed one game and am behind the leader by 130 points, and can never catch up with them until they make a really bad move or I gamble by not picking the non-favorites banking on their performance.[/quote'] The rain can throw a spanner in the works, shawn has had his team partly subbed with some players who are later to play today, im still waiting for some confirmation about the rain

The rain can throw a spanner in the works' date=' shawn has had his team partly subbed with some players who are later to play today, im still waiting for some confirmation about the rain[/quote'] Its all over buddy. No more game today. Even the Mumbai-Rajasthan game could to be called off. If only Gayle had got another ball to face, he would have gotten to his 50 and I could have grabbed the bonus points with both my hands. :(

I think 15 would have been ideal. 10 makes it easier for teams who make sure they change the team every day after the toss. However' date=' I also think that the current system is ideal for real addicts who work on their tactics well and ensure they get a balanced team for every single game. But as most people have said, I missed one game and [b']am behind the leader by 130 points, and can never catch up with them until they make a really bad move or I gamble by not picking the non-favorites banking on their performance.
This is the problem with just 10 points- I think the damage has already been done; lets say those who picked the max of their players in the first game (CSK vs RR) and established a lead without planing for the long term; now it becomes hard for those lagging to catch up as the penalty points are too low to dissaude the leaders from constantly switiching players and keeping the distance. Of course there will be a shift among the top 10-15 but the rest have been marginalized in the early round itself; with 200 participants and a longer tournament it takes the fun out of the contest.

Its all over buddy. No more game today. Even the Mumbai-Rajasthan game could to be called off. If only Gayle had got another ball to face' date= he would have gotten to his 50 and I could have grabbed the bonus points with both my hands. :(
Methinks he is on everyone's team so wudn't make a difference in rankings

It's been an overcast day in Durban, and the first game was decided using the Duckworth-Lewis method with Kolkata emerging winners against Punjab. Though there is a lot to offer in this particular draw, with Sachin Tendulkar facing off against Shane Warne, but given the persistent rain, it may be a while before the game could get underway

I think the damage has already been done; lets say those who picked the max of their players in the first game (CSK vs RR) and established a lead without planing for the long term; now it becomes hard for those lagging to catch up as the penalty points are too low to dissaude the leaders from constantly switiching players and keeping the distance.
I tend to disagree with you. I am the best example for that. As I mentioned earlier, I have not had any players for the daredevils and Punjab team and I still managed to get to 140 points behind Shane, the current leader, and that too by the end of just the 6th game. The average score per game seems to be about 130-150 and as dinakar mentioned, if you are lucky, you can get upto 400 points. Having said that, this is my first time playing SS here and I have not completely come into terms with the way it works yet.