IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

TIP: Graeme Smith will probably do well today- since its the first time I am not picking him in my team !!
Suraj Yaar, Thanks for today's tip. he is almost on the way to form. plz drop Veeru and Gambhir from your SS team next time DD play. they have to regain their form and i have to catch up at least 15th in SS .plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

and he is doing reasonably well :)
Suraj Yaar, Thanks for today's tip. he is almost on the way to form. plz drop Veeru and Gambhir from your SS team next time DD play. they have to regain their form and i have to catch up at least 15th in SS .plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Actually I chickened out and selected him again for today's game instead of Kamran Khan just 2 mins before SS was supposed to close- it didn't really benefit me that much because first I had selected Kamran losing 10 points & then lost another 10 points as I had to replace KK with GS. Unfortunately DD lost:((

Smith scored 25.1 points for his 44(46). This is about the same number of points that you would get for an Afridiesque innings of 64W. It is just not right. There should be some means of bringing in the match situation into the equation.

Smith scored 25.1 points for his 44(46). This is about the same number of points that you would get for an Afridiesque innings of 64W. It is just not right. There should be some means of bringing in the match situation into the equation.
I agree look at the IPL top 4 players. they're all batsmen. the only lone bowler is malinga and hes bowled brilliantly. They need to give him more points for that.

Yes thats the frustrating part but I think it gets too complicated to code it for that. Varun knows best but the point system does seem unfair at times e.g. Sehwag got 24.2 points for his useless knock today and Smith was only 25.1

As it is, the code is not that simple..if that were to be added, Varun will become an alcoholic

As it is' date=' the code is not that simple..if that were to be added, Varun will become an alcoholic[/quote'] Vaise there is a simple way to get a semblance of the match situation. Currently I keep some Par Strike Rates for each kind of match (along with containment weights) to calculate points (Refer to The SS [Help] Page : http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=223598 for details). On thing I tried to experiment when I started was to have the Par Strike Rate be fluid depending upon the match, but that turned out inconsistent results and I wasn't convinced that people would appreciate (or understand) this kind of match-dependent scoring.

..^^ Now I will become an alcoholic ---------------- Match situation has so many variables? Can pressure and expectation be a figure., think abt it..what constitutes it?, a certain # of wickets + with a 7 order down batsmen + x amt of overs in a DN match with strike bowler bowling How do you really do it

Vaise there is a simple way to get a semblance of the match situation. Currently I keep some Par Strike Rates for each kind of match (along with containment weights) to calculate points (Refer to The SS [Help] Page : http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=223598 for details). On thing I tried to experiment when I started was to have the Par Strike Rate be fluid depending upon the match' date= but that turned out inconsistent results and I wasn't convinced that people would appreciate (or understand) this kind of match-dependent scoring.
abe varun theek hai saara .. changes mat kar yaar .. I am learning SS as I am new to SS and it iw working well for me :winky:

..^^ Now I will become an alcoholic ---------------- Match situation has so many variables? Can pressure and expectation be a figure., think abt it..what constitutes it?, a certain # of wickets + with a 7 order down batsmen + x amt of overs in a DN match with strike bowler bowling How do you really do it
lol, already bewda hoon saale.. aur koi gunjayash nahi hai. Vaise the new version of the Match Parsing code (that is used for our PlayerStats database) stores information about fall of wickets, and that would be another path to pursue in order to figure out the importance of the innings or pressure (i.e. what the score was when the batsman came to the crease like you pointed out). This would of course require the SS to start using the new Match Parsing code, and more importantly we would need to come up with a formula for objectifying the said information into a formula.

lol, already bewda hoon saale.. aur koi gunjayash nahi hai. Vaise the new version of the Match Parsing code (that is used for our PlayerStats database) stores information about fall of wickets, and that would be another path to pursue in order to figure out the importance of the innings or pressure (i.e. what the score was when the batsman came to the crease like you pointed out). This would of course require the SS to start using the new Match Parsing code, and more importantly we would need to come up with a formula for objectifying the said information into a formula.
It is easy for us to complain but it will be really tough to include the quality of innings as a factor. ie, to distinguish between an anchoring innings of real value like Smith and Gibbs the other day, and genuine slow innings. But it might be possible to reduce the pain of the bowlers by having different containment weight and/or par strike rate for batsmen and bowlers. Will get back on this in a while.

stuck at work today. been trying to find the team composition for the last 15 minutes ever since the toss. only details available is Mendis out from KKR, Goswami to open and Pandey to play in XI for BRC. So far no idea about Ryder or Taylor there. In kkr, no idea whether Murtaza is in for mendis or whether Murali Karthik is in the XI. finally decided to minimise the SS lock risk and filled with Ishant and Kallis to replace Mendis and pulling out a DD player.