IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

Gotta hand it to Shane.. He's been at the top consistently since the beginning
Thats absolutely right. Its not that he'sa the only one who is changing players every match. All of us.. atleast whoever is actively participating in this game are doing. But he has stayed atleast 200-300 points clear of the second guy which is either Karteek or Bobby. Thats what is amazing. Shane is able to predict as to who will do well... Also he's able to predict who will not do well and he promptly drops him from the team. For eg.. if one of my player does well... my score increases and i move up a couple of places.. only to be brought down again by someone who performs badly... So, its not just important to pik players who do well.. its equally important to stay away from those who wont do well...

Everyone near the top have Gilchrist, Gibbs, Sehwag, Dilshan and de Villiers. All the movements are based on the other three people. The other Deccan positions are held by Sharma, Smith, Ojha and Edwards, and Mishra or Vettori for Delhi. Four of the top eight didn't have Dwayne Smith, none of them are in the top-6 now.

Plain Lucky :giggle:
Comeon guys... we need to give Shane some sort of competition. It would actually be quite boring for him to stay at the top. Actually there was a time where I was bored of being in second and did not pick Haydos in my side. Also, picked up guys like Robin Uthappa, Swapnil Asnodkar, Dhoni etc. to get get closer but only dropped to sixth. There is still two-third of the tournament left and my bet is on dinnakkar.

Comeon guys... we need to give Shane some sort of competition. It would actually be quite boring for him to stay at the top. Actually there was a time where I was bored of being in second and did not pick Haydos in my side. Also' date=' picked up guys like Robin Uthappa, Swapnil Asnodkar, Dhoni etc. to get get closer but only dropped to sixth. There is still two-third of the tournament left and my bet is on dinnakkar.[/quote'] Things have become too predictable. Apart from four or five people in each time, nobody else is scoring any big points. So you are forced to pick them in every match just because everyone else does so. Some of them like McCullum are not scoring any points, but everyone picks him for every match.

Things have become too predictable. Apart from four or five people in each time' date=' nobody else is scoring any big points. So you are forced to pick them in every match just because everyone else does so. Some of them like McCullum are not scoring any points, but everyone picks him for every match.[/quote'] I haven't been picking McCullum or Gambhir after the first couple of matches, but the ones I am picking in their place aren't setting the world on fire either.

I haven't been picking McCullum or Gambhir after the first couple of matches' date=' but the ones I am picking in their place aren't setting the world on fire either.[/quote'] That is quite brave of you. I too made some bold choices early on (many of which paid off) but after reaching top-20, I've been trying to avoid mistakes rather than being adventurous.

When you are way behind.. you can take chaces to come up and you do come up quite quickly.. But once you are in the top 10 or 20... in addition to trying to move up, you should also defend your lead... Yo dont want to pik a dark horse at the expense of a Viru or a Gayle and then these guys go on to mak a big score and you look like a fool. Thats what is happening... I'm simply picking Viru, McCullum, AB etc because I dont want to drop them get screwed when they go on to make 100+ points.. As far as Shane is concerned.. his only objective is to stay on top. No need to be adventerous to race ahead. He's doing brilliantly in picking the right combination of players... :adore::adore::adore::adore:

When you are way behind.. you can take chaces to come up and you do come up quite quickly.. But once you are in the top 10 or 20... in addition to trying to move up, you should also defend your lead... Yo dont want to pik a dark horse at the expense of a Viru or a Gayle and then these guys go on to mak a big score and you look like a fool. Thats what is happening... I'm simply picking Viru, McCullum, AB etc because I dont want to drop them get screwed when they go on to make 100+ points.. As far as Shane is concerned.. his only objective is to stay on top. No need to be adventerous to race ahead. He's doing brilliantly in picking the right combination of players... :adore::adore::adore::adore:
well I predicted this based on the low substitution penalty that there will not be any major movement in the leaderboard after first few games unless the leaders stop substituting. IMO SS was more exciting last year because of more gamble involved in substituting players and incurring a penalty; this year defending the lead started too early and it is not as exciting anymore fo rthe rest of the games. Next SS the penalty points should definitely be more than 10.

Comeon guys... we need to give Shane some sort of competition. It would actually be quite boring for him to stay at the top. Actually there was a time where I was bored of being in second and did not pick Haydos in my side. Also' date=' picked up guys like Robin Uthappa, Swapnil Asnodkar, Dhoni etc. to get get closer but only dropped to sixth. There is still two-third of the tournament left and my bet is on dinnakkar.[/quote'] it is simply not possible unless Shane deliberately stops substituting players or picks up duds to put life into the competition- I don't think he should or would do that.