IPL Superselector is Up - Top 30 to be Rewarded. $ICF 20 Million Prize Money

varun

well I predicted this based on the low substitution penalty that there will not be any major movement in the leaderboard after first few games unless the leaders stop substituting. IMO SS was more exciting last year because of more gamble involved in substituting players and incurring a penalty; this year defending the lead started too early and it is not as exciting anymore fo rthe rest of the games. Next SS the penalty points should definitely be more than 10.
When you brought this point before... even I dint agree, cos just a day back I made my leap from 200+ to somewhere in the 30s. But now I can see what you saw... I totally agree. If penalty were more.. I wouldnt be making whole sale changes every game... On the same note.... even if it were 50 points... and if everyone started subbing inspite of it.. it would still be the same

When you brought this point before... even I dint agree, cos just a day back I made my leap from 200+ to somewhere in the 30s. But now I can see what you saw... I totally agree. If penalty were more.. I wouldnt be making whole sale changes every game... On the same note.... even if it were 50 points... and if everyone started subbing inspite of it.. it would still be the same
But everyone will not start subbing it then thats the point!! posters will not be playing 8 players in every match rather gambling on 3-4 in each game. 50 points is too much penalty but atleast 20-25 is needed to make it interesting and have movement.

it is simply not possible unless Shane deliberately stops substituting players or picks up duds to put life into the competition- I don't think he should or would do that.
Unlike last year, there are very few really big individual scores. The frequency of people scoring 100+ points in a match is less than 1 per game, I think. Also, few dark horses are making any substantial scores. So, it will tough to overtake him.

Let's wait till the halfway stage and if there is enough support for the idea we can make it 20 points for the second half. But I really think you need to be taking some punts - I mean what's the point of everyone picking Gambhir and McCullum when they are struggling constantly. I've picked Rob Quiney for today's game instead of Smith because even a good knock from Smith is going to be a steady 40-50, but Quiney's 40 off 25 balls is likely to fetch me lot more points etc.

Let's wait till the halfway stage and if there is enough support for the idea we can make it 20 points for the second half. But I really think you need to be taking some punts - I mean what's the point of everyone picking Gambhir and McCullum when they are struggling constantly. I've picked Rob Quiney for today's game instead of Smith because even a good knock from Smith is going to be a steady 40-50, but Quiney's 40 off 25 balls is likely to fetch me lot more points etc.
Good point- let me make changes too!! but SS closed- bummer!!

IF McCullum finds form (which can happen at some point of time), they guy who didn't pick him will find himself 200 points behind guys who did. When you are in the top 20, that is a gap that is very tough to bridge. I really enjoyed the first four or five days when I climbed from 241 to 16 or so. Now it is very dull.The 20-25 point substitution will at least force some fluctuations. That way even 30 or 35 is good, because even though it will more of a lottery, it will also be more fun. Hayden out to YKP for 1. No one would care because everyone have both of them !

IF McCullum finds form (which can happen at some point of time), they guy who didn't pick him will find himself 200 points behind guys who did. When you are in the top 20, that would a gap that is very tough to bridge. I really enjoyed the first four or five days when I climbed from 241 to 16 or so. Now it is very dull.The 20-25 point substitution will at least force some fluctuations. That way even 30 or 50 is good, because even though it will more of a lottery, it will also be more fun. Hayden out to YKP for 1. No one would care because everyone have both of them !
That is what I have been explaining from the beginning of time!!

Hey Kaarteek.. without a balll being bowled in this match.. I find myself at #2... for the first time... Have you made so many changes?
I made 7 and you must have made just 2 because I believe the difference was around 50. I was just about to say Parthiv was a great gamble against Haydos. But, what a shocker of a shot. Tough luck. Good luck on MSD.